• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
YMugnMI.png

So when I get destroyed 5 games in a row in Rocket League its going to know I am close to a rage induced temper tantrum and slide me into some easy lobbies for awhile?

I like it.
You may be joking (can't tell) but if true, this will be an awesome feature for me.

I would like this to extend to single player games so that AI can learn my preferred methods of attack during a mission and work to counter it. It will make games like looter shooters more challenging.

Too much to write here.
Unfortunately our OP has been MIA so we have no way of tracking it all except for re-reading the thread.

they havnt actually “revealed” anything. just their guesses as 3rd party accounts. the only “legit” leak of any sort we actually have is github. And btw Osirisblack has a reputation as being a fake insider on the other forum so id take his word as a massive grain of salt. None of these guys have any real track record

they havnt actually “revealed” anything. just their guesses as 3rd party accounts. the only “legit” leak of any sort we actually have is github. And btw Osirisblack has a reputation as being a fake insider on the other forum so id take his word as a massive grain of salt. None of these guys have any real track record
Osiris does have a track. And don't take ShitEra's word for anything.

Mr Moose

You may be joking (can't tell) but if true, this will be an awesome feature for me.

I would like this to extend to single player games so that AI can learn my preferred methods of attack during a mission and work to counter it. It will make games like looter shooters more challenging.
Wouldn't they need metal pads on the controller grip to measure things like that? Or some LEDs flashing in our fingers, measuring our HBPs? It's an interesting concept, but... Stupid IMO. Unless its used for a fitness game.

I can understand being wary of insiders, but he's shared things (which I can assume are factual, like the screenshot of whatever it was a few pages back). I guess all we can do is hope shit is legit, because it sounds really cool.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member

OsirisBlack OsirisBlack and BGs BGs have both had firsthand accounts. And don’t read into anything the other forum states, they hate GAF for being freethinkers.

images

Gediminas

Banned
github leak, is just for retards, is something to believe in...

Mr Moose

github leak, is just for retards, is something to believe in...
It's legit information, how old that information is or what the context of it is is another thing, but it is real.
What we've heard though is that it doesn't represent the current APU. (For one, 2GHz is a fucking stupid idea, so either PS5 is below 9TF, or the GitHub thing doesn't mean much in the state of things now).

Wouldn't they need metal pads on the controller grip to measure things like that? Or some LEDs flashing in our fingers, measuring our HBPs? It's an interesting concept, but... Stupid IMO. Unless its used for a fitness game.

I can understand being wary of insiders, but he's shared things (which I can assume are factual, like the screenshot of whatever it was a few pages back). I guess all we can do is hope shit is legit, because it sounds really cool.
I was talking more in the sense of machine learning when it comes to AI so that the game you play can read your patterns of play and adjust accordingly. This would work well for games like looter shooters where farming the same enemy types for loot become monotonous very quickly.

OsirisBlack OsirisBlack and BGs BGs have both had firsthand accounts. And don’t read into anything the other forum states, they hate GAF for being freethinkers.

images
Yep. Resetera is a dumpster fire where your opinions and views get oppressed if you're not on a certain side of the fence. Bans and infractions galore.
Yeah nah i love this forum for allowing people to express themselves, opinions and thoughts without having to consult an oracle.

It is a leap year, so we got 29 days in Feb.

Still waiting for all those Feb reveal predictors to double down on Feb. I don't think I've seen anyone commit to a Feb date since January.

source.gif
Feb reveal insiders on suicide watch.
But this is great. We will then know who the fake insiders are and hopefully they get banned from spreading shit in this thread.

Last edited:

images
Yep. Resetera is a dumpster fire where your opinions and views get oppressed if you're not on a certain side of the fence. Bans and infractions galore.

Yeah nah i love this forum for allowing people to express themselves, opinions and thoughts without having to consult an oracle.

Disco_

The 5700 was already n7p. All other cards should be beyond that.
With 7nP you pick either ~10% efficiency improvement or ~7% performance over base 7nm. I think those are the right numbers.
Meaning there is no density difference between base 7nm and 7nP. So a 400mm2 die on 7nm would be the same size on 7nP.

Koopatrol

I always figured that forum users create Pastebins to construct a narrative, get attention, troll users, or something along those lines, since 99% of the time they are inaccurate anyway.

However, I found some Pastebins that are quite interesting. Mostly because they are actually super difficult to find, even if you Google them or search on Pastebin, and have little to no views because they aren't posted to any other websites. Like, what's the point of creating a Pastebin that nobody will ever see? Are they just people who are waiting to post them on a forum, waiting to see if they will be right, and then claim they have some insider knowledge?

Not going to post any links to any that I found, cause it's Pastebin. But I will hold on to them, because it honestly is interesting to see if any will be proven right, like in Mystic's recent PS4 video.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
“Dualshock 5, Sony Interactive Entertainment’s next-generation controller for PS5, will seemingly be using biofeedback to modify user-experience. According to a new Sony Patent, the controller will feature sensors to gather biofeedback from the user’s hands during normal use.”
“The sensor on one or both sides of Dualshock 5 grips are going to track electrodermal activity (sweat secretion) and heart-rate. The biofeedback will then be used by the PlayStation 5 to make adjustments to a user’s gaming experience. How exactly will this happen and what changes we can expect is unknown.”

Does that mean if someone is sweating like a bitch the game will adjust and ease up? I hope that's not the case as I tend to have sweaty hands in any case.

9b0722c3fc603b9adbb9efd4d9aaa36f87b9c3b2667474e102debd39121bf4d1_1.jpg

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
I really don't care about trophies, I like the punishment I got from GOW at Give me God of War difficulty. It makes it rewarding.
I get something out of them for some reason and I do go for a lot higher difficulties than I used to. I agree it's very satisfying to beat a great challenge in a game. Sometimes a trophy makes me push myself. Like I got the 530,000 online battle points trophy in DBFZ because there was a trophy for it

hemo memo

Gold Member
You hallucinating?

Speaking of hallucinations.. I have an idea. Someone should go through all Sony official comments and interviews of them using the word “Soon” or similar words vs the actual announcement/reveal/release of a product. This way we can determine the reveal and announcement of PS5. We can call it (The Soony calculator).

LED Guy?

Banned
Lol Klee info never got verified due to him not wanting to give up his source lol. OsirisBlack still isn’t verified on reset I wonder why?. Github leak had info as recent as last Summer.

It was removed by AMD, in addition to that AMD requested Google to also remove the backups of the Github Repo from Google Drive which a couple users over at reset use to store the info. AMD removal of that repo adds validity what was in it.

Last I heard Oberon was at E0 stepping that means it has went through 4 major revisions an if Oberon is tiEd to Sony than why is Sony continuing to invest in a product that u all say won’t be used or no longer has anything to do with the PS5?
Kleegamefan got verified twice as a credible source, when a "credible" source gets verified twice that means his INFO is CORRECT but he doesn't want to reveal his source's name location and all that.

When you say his sources weren't verified, you're wrong, because he's the 1st one who said that both consoles are "DOUBLE DIGITS" in TFlops number, and he was the 1st one who strongly hinted at Xbox Series X being revealed at VGAs before anyone, everything he says lines up perfectly with what we have until now.

Oberon lacks context, my friend.

Last edited:

JAMMA

Last warning for console wars
“Dualshock 5, Sony Interactive Entertainment’s next-generation controller for PS5, will seemingly be using biofeedback to modify user-experience. According to a new Sony Patent, the controller will feature sensors to gather biofeedback from the user’s hands during normal use.”
“The sensor on one or both sides of Dualshock 5 grips are going to track electrodermal activity (sweat secretion) and heart-rate. The biofeedback will then be used by the PlayStation 5 to make adjustments to a user’s gaming experience. How exactly will this happen and what changes we can expect is unknown.”

Technology like this will most likely be implemented to reward people that can stay calm in a stressful situation I would assume, and punish those for getting nervous by giving away your location to enemy zombies for example.

While this might sound cool to some, I’ve got heart issues that cause me to have a very high heart rate at all times, so I’ll be punished. Fuck all you normies.
🧟‍♂️🧟‍♀️💓🧟🧟‍♂️

Edit: I searched and sure enough I’ve found something similar to how I expect this PS5 biofeedback to go down.
https://kotaku.com/a-horror-game-that-gets-tougher-as-you-get-scared-hoo-1517631289

Nevermind is a biofeedback-enhanced horror adventure game that takes you into the dark and twisted world within the subconscious minds of trauma victims.

As you explore surreal labyrinths and solve the puzzles of the mind, a biofeedback sensor monitors how scared or stressed you become with each passing moment. If you let your fears get the best of you, the game will become harder. If you're able to calm yourself in the face of terror, the game will be more forgiving.

Last edited:

LED Guy?

Banned

images
ResetEra is like an SJW echo chamber, and whenever you say a thing that doesn't jive with what they believe, they'll call you sexist, homophobic, transphobic etc etc and name you everything in the book and then ban you, it is the most toxic piece of shit gaming forum website I have ever seen, It's why all insiders banned themselves and won't respond there, miserable pieces of shit. 😂😂😂

I have a friend who is SDE in Microsoft, Washington office. He said that in their annual review of companys' performance, the powerpoint presentations reviewed the gaming division. Microsoft is betting on leveraging the PC and console games using XCloud to capture mobile gaming. This could be their main priority. In the long term, it wants to bring-in the gamers from developing countries and from the younger demography from other countries into the xBox ecosystem.

If this is true, Microsoft might not match the Sony in exclusives. If it does 75million Xboxes in the next console cycle, it would be quite satisifed. Copying Sony, will not guarantee a return on investment, especially anything articstic doesn't age well. Story driven games might lose sex appeal. This is my opinion on console wars. You might not get one.

HawarMiran

Banned
ResetEra is like an SJW echo chamber, and whenever you say a thing that doesn't jive with what they believe, they'll call you sexist, homophobic, transphobic etc etc and name you everything in the book and then ban you, it is the most toxic piece of shit gaming forum website I have ever seen, It's why all insiders banned themselves and won't respond there, miserable pieces of shit. 😂😂😂
uhm I am there too. does it make me all of the above? I noticed as long as you don't say vile shit nothing happens. There are people on there who talk shit about neogaf and here we have people who talk shit about resetera. Meanwhile there are a lot of people who are on both.

LED Guy?

Banned
uhm I am there too. does it make me all of the above? I noticed as long as you don't say vile shit nothing happens. There are people on there who talk shit about neogaf and here we have people who talk shit about resetera. Meanwhile there are a lot of people who are on both.
Just take a look at a Twitter account called "Reset Era Takes", it uploads so many things that people write are soooooo ridiculous and just downright creepy, forgot to say that they really are bigots and won't accept different opinions about different stuff.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member

nah, that's not true

you don't need to be vile, you just need to say something that disagrees with their extremely narrow minded view of the world.

that capitalism isn't all that bad, that a game developer chooses not to include certain races in a game for historical reasons and there's nothing wrong with it...any of these things could very likely get you banned.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Shame that the mob also got The Last Night game basically cancelled. That game looked pretty cool, and the theme was basically ERA-like mob mentality run amok, so it's pretty ironic how that all played out. So you disagree with his message? Who cares, grow some thick skin, don't play it...but trying to get it canned? Just insanity.

ERA doesn't have any genuine insiders anymore except for Matt, who doesn't even reveal anything all that interesting. Devs have gone elsewhere on social media to engage with their consumers.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member

No. The place is vile.

Here’s what a ban worthy post looks like:

r1sPpoR.jpg

And here’s what gets free reign.

gH0K07v.jpg

Fuck ResetEra.

ruvikx

Banned
No. The place is vile.

r1sPpoR.jpg

gH0K07v.jpg

Fuck ResetEra.

"As a white person"

Yeah, how about show us the receipt? It's common practise for people who really aren't white (in the ethnic European Caucasian sense) to fake their whiteness in order to hate whites. Also, I thought white people don't even exist? That's what the open borders "we're all one race" freaks shout anyway when they're justifying destroying our nations.

Within the context of this thread (& comparisons with resetera), it's why I never venture over there & I'd hope devs didn't either because it's a site run by literal Bolshevik types who're absolutely full of hate, envy, angst, mental issues & venom. They're the "wrong side of history", that's for certain. Controlling thought when they themselves are so f*cking stupid & horrible is the ultimate bad joke.

PocoJoe

Banned
No. The place is vile.

r1sPpoR.jpg

gH0K07v.jpg

Fuck ResetEra.

"One of the good ones"? How the fuck that is racism??

"One of the nigger ones" I would understand. Maybe it is native english thing, but i would never think it has anything to do with race.

Retard era is full of bullying low IQ hypocrites whom hate people by race/sexuality (white straights) and then have nerve to blame others.

"They" banned me on the old neogaf when I just neutrally said that having a trans dev should not matter, it doesnt mean that game is better or worse. And imo the game is over rated (undertale).

PS5 will be the good one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom