• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawarMiran

Banned
No. The place is vile.

Here’s what a ban worthy post looks like:

r1sPpoR.jpg

And here’s what gets free reign.

gH0K07v.jpg

Fuck ResetEra.
I am only in the next-gen thread. Here and there. But putting the whole forum in a basket because of how the site is run is wrong. People could say the mods are dogshit etc. I don't care. People talk like that forum is one entity. That is not the case

Fenris Wolf

OsirisBlack OsirisBlack and @BGs have both had firsthand accounts. And don’t read into anything the other forum states, they hate GAF for being freethinkers.

images

Yeah, Please go fuck yourself and your trash can of a forum all together.
I remember defending what Mike Pondsmith said in Cyberpunk's controversy about black main characters etc. and these assholes banned me for a week!!! That was the point i stopped logging in and left that shithole forever. That forum is a SJW nest and all they can handle is their "like-minded" friends. Resetera? Nah, More like NaziEra.

https://pastebin.com/Ps0RQHtK

Was checking pastebin and found this :pie_thinking:

How accurate is this? Can anyone confirm?
You guys happen to know anything ? OsirisBlack OsirisBlack HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4

EGOMON

Guys I think we should stop talking about ResetEra let them be, they have their own "rules" if you don't agree just ignore them. The off-site drama is derailing this thread, we are not at war we are not enemies we are just different people with different ideologies life is like that just take what you like and move on

Last edited:

EGOMON

Now to get things going again I have a question for all:
Name one feature from next-gen consoles that define next-gen for you and why.

For me it's the inclusion of the SSD, this is alone is enough upgrade for me to consider buying next-gen consoles because I fuckin hate load screens also texture streaming and pop-in in open world games so we are in for a treat at least for those who don't game on PC with NVMe SSDs

Last edited:

JAMMA

Last warning for console wars
People are sick of identity politics. In today’s world SJWs like those at ResetEra incite racism more than real Nazis. If you keep pushing and prodding people by calling them racists, people start to get mad and rightfully so.
If ethnic SJW minorities (and white SJWs) hate you and are told to hate you... you do start to despise these groups.
Those groups that you start to despise aren’t a race though, you’re despising an ideology that says that you’re bad even if you’re not. It’s authoritarian oppression. It’s hard to ignore them, but they’ll always have a new battle and nobody cares.

I guess we’re all white supremacists here that love Asian hardware and games developed literally everywhere possible. I myself have never personally stopped and decided to do inventory on the race of every person in the gaming industry to decide which games are good or bad (with the exception of when white guys take over Japanese studios). Yep, totally white supremacists, the whole lot of ya’!

also unless you post your picture in your avatar or use colored emojis I most likely have no idea what race everyone here is, because we judge people by the content of their posts and not the color of their skin.

Anyway, to get back on topic it’s no surprise that insiders would choose to post here instead of ResetEra.

JAMMA

Last warning for console wars

For me it's the inclusion of the SSD, this is alone is enough upgrade for me to consider buying next-gen consoles because I fuckin hate load screens also texture streaming and pop-in in open world games so we are in for a treat at least for those who don't game on PC with NVMe SSDs
Brute force, I care about resolution and FPS the most for next gen. Others will choose AI, and some are hyped for RTX. I suppose a healthy balance of all of the above is nothing to complain about.

uhm I am there too. does it make me all of the above? I noticed as long as you don't say vile shit nothing happens. There are people on there who talk shit about neogaf and here we have people who talk shit about resetera. Meanwhile there are a lot of people who are on both.
Yeah I once said 'Michelle Obama is hot'. I then got mobbed by like 5 users for 'objectifying women' and then promptly got banned for a week shortly after.
* Shrugs *

farmerboy

SSD. I think we underestimate how nice it will be when we cold boot a game and we're playing within seconds.

ZywyPL

Banned

In simple words, I'd want everything to become much faster/more responsive - from how fast the OS boots, the dashboard responsiveness, how fast the games launch/levels load, how fast the files download/install/copy, and so on. PS3/X360 severely lacked RAM and even just reading a message during gameplay was a pain in the ass, PS4/XB1 on the other hand seriously lack the CPU power, so every single task/operation be it OS or game related is being hurt big time, so this time around, with proper CPUs, lots of RAM, and SSDs on top of that, I'm pretty confident the next-gen consoles will (finally) be enjoyable to use on a daily basis.

EGOMON

Brute force, I care about resolution and FPS the most for next gen. Others will choose AI, and some are hyped for RTX. I suppose a healthy balance of all of the above is nothing to complain about.
Yeah i agree i mean the sheer force of these consoles will make shits much easier to develop for im hear 2080 level thats pretty good for $400 to $500 box

SSD. I think we underestimate how nice it will be when we cold boot a game and we're playing within seconds.
Yup or having the ability to run two games in parallel

EGOMON

In simple words, I'd want everything to become much faster/more responsive - from how fast the OS boots, the dashboard responsiveness, how fast the games launch/levels load, how fast the files download/install/copy, and so on. PS3/X360 severely lacked RAM and even just reading a message during gameplay was a pain in the ass, PS4/XB1 on the other hand seriously lack the CPU power, so every single task/operation be it OS or game related is being hurt big time, so this time around, with proper CPUs, lots of RAM, and SSDs on top of that, I'm pretty confident the next-gen consoles will (finally) be enjoyable to use on a daily basis.
Yup the new CPU and SSD combo should be more than enough to do that, i just hope they won't cheap on the RAM

Isn't there a specific thread for screeching about Era? I get it, there are some ex-members here, and a strict moderation policy. But let's talk about Next-Gen consoles! I'd take more Github discussion over the political and ideological differences between GAF and Era.

I would imagine all the grunt work programing is done there, but to answer your question.. No clue it is just what I think.

Edit: If they going to release a huge open world AC game around launch I would think they need a lot of dev kits and programmers.

From what I've heard they are primarily art production houses over in India and less of design/programming.

DrDamn

SSD for me too. Load times going down from minutes to seconds is going to be great for immediacy of games. It's going to help maximise my game time and make switching about between titles a lot simpler.

Gediminas

Banned
I have a friend who is SDE in Microsoft, Washington office. He said that in their annual review of companys' performance, the powerpoint presentations reviewed the gaming division. Microsoft is betting on leveraging the PC and console games using XCloud to capture mobile gaming. This could be their main priority. In the long term, it wants to bring-in the gamers from developing countries and from the younger demography from other countries into the xBox ecosystem.

If this is true, Microsoft might not match the Sony in exclusives. If it does 75million Xboxes in the next console cycle, it would be quite satisifed. Copying Sony, will not guarantee a return on investment, especially anything articstic doesn't age well. Story driven games might lose sex appeal. This is my opinion on console wars. You might not get one.
these games never ever will lose the sex appeal. there are too little of them, and mature audience is craving for them, if we take into account that average gamers is 35y old, it is perfect eco for those games. they are not in the teens of twenties were flashes and pew pew pew get you impress. later you want something real.

PaintTinJr

RT (Graphics and Audio) because occlusion, reflection, semi-transparency and attenuated sound - that aren’t faked – can impact on human/AI feedback and therefore can influence gameplay in single or multiplayer games more dramatically.

For example, in a Rancor(Star Wars) like boss battle scene the entrance of such a large model into an enclosed arena should feel like darkness displacing light – like water rising in a bath. The movement of the boss should massively change the lighting on a frame by basis, and in theory even with the player having their back to the boss - or camera looking away - the softness of the shadowing should inform the player (with those visual cues) of the enemy’s orientation and intended motion to some degree – by mimicing light and sound in the real-world. The generation after next :) will probably be needed to add in air pressure displacement (simulation) that impacts light/audio by air particle motion – RT soft god-rays as I will now call them.

BlueAlpaca

Anybody here know the cost difference between a 384 bit motherboard/chips and 256 bit? Just curious about what sony/microsoft are looking at in terms of cost.

xool

Anybody here know the cost difference between a 384 bit motherboard/chips and 256 bit? Just curious about what sony/microsoft are looking at in terms of cost.
more chips = more cost, even for the same specs

wouldn't expect a difference in motherboard price, unless it's substantially bigger

Tripolygon

Banned
uhm I am there too. does it make me all of the above? I noticed as long as you don't say vile shit nothing happens. There are people on there who talk shit about neogaf and here we have people who talk shit about resetera. Meanwhile there are a lot of people who are on both.
Fascinating how that happens right? I've been on Gaf for a long time, never been banned once except for a self ban i requested. I'm also on Era and i've never been banned either. I see folks on either forum talk shit about both forums.

The Playstation 5 DualShock 5 controller may use biofeedback to change the user experience, a recent patent suggests.

The patent, as reported by Respawn First, confirms that biofeedback information, such as changes in electrodermal activity, obtained through sensors placed on the controller will be used to "select between one or more options presented in a piece of content without the user having to provide further input." This will allow the implementation of highly interactive experiences, especially for VR.
There is a desire in computer gaming to provide an immersive and highly interactive experience for players, so as to enhance the enjoyment of the player. This has become of particular interest with the increasing availability of head-mounted displays.
As many patents are not used in end products, we cannot say for certain that the PlayStation 5 controller will come with these features. It has been hinted in the past, however, that some of the best features of the console have yet to be revealed, so what has been revealed today would definitely fit in, as it would be a new level of interactivity that is not possible with the current-gen hardware and controllers.

Details on the PlayStation 5 console continue to be scarce, despite the release window getting closer. Gran Turismo series' creator Kazunori Yamauchi suggested last week that the power of the console could be used to push framerates higher than 60 FPS for future entries in the series.

Rather than a spatial resolution that you’re talking about, I’m more interested in the advancements we can make in terms of the time resolution. In terms of frames per second, rather than staying at 60 fps, I’m more interested in raising it to 120 fps or even 240 fps. I think that’s what’s going to be changing the experience from here on forward.

If world had only white people, the fat and the pale would be minority. lol. Games are made by artists, who are liberal. They tend to accomodate people of diverse cultures and background.

Neo Blaster

Just take a look at a Twitter account called "Reset Era Takes", it uploads so many things that people write are soooooo ridiculous and just downright creepy, forgot to say that they really are bigots and won't accept different opinions about different stuff.
There are people spilling BS on both sites, just as there are good people on both. Try not to generalize.

Neo Blaster

Yeah i agree i mean the sheer force of these consoles will make shits much easier to develop for im hear 2080 level thats pretty good for $400 to $500 box

Yup or having the ability to run two games in parallel
I don't mind about two games at the same time, but would love to be able to suspend many. My son and I used to quarrel a lot because we wanted to leave our games in suspension, but PS4 only allowed a single one at a time. I solved this by buying another PS4 when the price came down, but with PS5 it's gonna be just one for quite some time(living cost in Brazil sucks).

LED Guy?

Banned
There are people spilling BS on both sites, just as there are good people on both. Try not to generalize.
I didn’t really generalize, there are a decent portion of individuals in that site that are upright fine fellows, but many of them are just whiny and pathetic to be honest, that’s my opinion though.

Last edited:
Omg, i just saw a thread on resetera. They gang up on anyone who is not a liberal hippie. lol. They comment without having the full context of the subject. Lets just stick to gaming. lol.

DrDamn

I don't mind about two games at the same time, but would love to be able to suspend many. My son and I used to quarrel a lot because we wanted to leave our games in suspension, but PS4 only allowed a single one at a time. I solved this by buying another PS4 when the price came down, but with PS5 it's gonna be just one for quite some time(living cost in Brazil sucks).

The quick loading improvements from the SSD is going to help things a lot here too. I don't see much need to suspend / resume even one game if I can boot/load and start playing a game within a minute anyway. Maybe useful where game saving is restrictive?

Neo Blaster

I like to look at the bigger picture, not just one feature. Take a look at previous generations, there was always something to complain that caused unbalancing, sometimes it was about hardware(too complex CPU, weak CPU or GPU, non-unified memory pool, fast memory but not enough of it, slow mechanical drives), sometimes about software(hard to develop, poor tools quality). Now we seem to be reaching quite a good balance: strong CPU and GPU, fast SSD, fast memory(forget tiny caches) and developers praising how easy it is to develop for these systems and their tools. That's what makes me hyped.

saintjules

Did anyone post this? They're confirming XsX to be a 12Tflops machine right? Was this mentioned before? (aside from the double the power of X1X claim)

Beat me to it. Seems some info from Gamespot just being re-confirmed among some other interesting things from the article.

They gave us guys in the forum dog food for the day. Unreal stuff!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom