• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingT731

I just finished listening to Tim Dog on King Thrash's podcast. KingT731 KingT731 it's you right?

I'd just like to say I apologize for whatever I said before about Tim. Dude came off cool and true on the podcast. I used to think he was a delusional one, but dude sounded like he's just having fun. Good to know. Just shows how crappy all this text talk on social media can be.

Thanks for the podcast Thrash. Keep em coming. Would like to see more of them Youtube Xbox fanatic FN on there :messenger_tears_of_joy: Maybe I'll change my mind about them too.

That bit at the end with Jamia was a hell of a setup and funny too hah.
LOL No way. I am not famous/popular or well known at all. Just a gamer.

chigstoke

If true, this is MS' Trojan horse.

But, what would be the point of it for the Japanese people? They see a Sega branded console, they'll think it has all the Sega games as exclusives, but then they aren't because they're also being sold on the PS4/5 and Switch. So.... Why would they buy it? This is why I don't believe it's true. Unless SEGA will exclusively sell their games in Japan only on that SEGA console, I don't see it happening.
If it turns out to be true, I think MS will try anything to get a foot in the Japanese market. I said in the Famitsu thread that gamers would see through it, but thicc_girls_are_teh_best made a good point to me that SEGA have previous of rebranding (TecToy) and that worked out very well.
Obviously the shoe is on the other foot this time because the rumour is MS tasking SEGA to do the rebrand. I think to some extent it could work but it would absolutely need some Japanese exclusives. I'd also love it to be region free as well just so I can have a sort of SEGA system from 2020 in the house haha.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
How did we go from Sony possibly buying Sega to now MS buying Sega?

I don't think Phil was travelling to Japan to try weird things.

avox7xX_460s.jpg

39db469494df49f6963ea5e96c5c1ab2.jpeg

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Woah so this may actually be a thing. So does that mean Sega games will be exclusive to Xbox then? Did MS buy them or just the name? Very interested in hearing more next week.

I doubt any of the rumors are true per se. But, I've always thought that MS should have bought Sega at the very beginning of their gaming journey. Sega was on the ropes so bad back then, but they still had the instincts and the developers for the console market. Would've given MS a credible first-party from day one.

DaGwaphics

They have been posing as the successors of SEGA for decades, they're just going to use official branding to the effect in Japan.

It would be a shame if SEGA agrees to help the company that exploited their fall the most.

????? Sega doesn't even exist today without that exclusive deal they signed with MS at the start of the Xbox era. Things were that bad for them.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Sega Sammy is a publicly traded company. If they were being bought their CEO would already have announced the bid to their shareholders.

They are a multiplatform publisher. Their games sell most on Nintendo and Playstation consoles. Some of their franchises have close ties to Playstation audience, like Yakuza and Persona. If they were to turn Xbox fanboys dreams into a reality, they would be risking the future of the company on a ridiculous gamble.

None of this makes sense, and reeks again of the mythical "Microsoft warchest". At best MS would make a deal with Sega for their Xbox games to be day 1 on gamepass.

Last edited:
I just finished listening to Tim Dog on King Thrash's podcast. KingT731 KingT731 it's you right?

I'd just like to say I apologize for whatever I said before about Tim. Dude came off cool and true on the podcast. I used to think he was a delusional one, but dude sounded like he's just having fun. Good to know. Just shows how crappy all this text talk on social media can be.

Thanks for the podcast Thrash. Keep em coming. Would like to see more of them Youtube Xbox fanatic FN on there :messenger_tears_of_joy: Maybe I'll change my mind about them too.

That bit at the end with Jamia was a hell of a setup and funny too hah.
You prob mean Kingthrash Kingthrash

That's just fucking with us. Return from shadow (Shadow Moses, MGS1), then metal and solid add to it. The best game on the PS1 era, to me.

Shadow Moses map on Metal Gear Solid on PS1 in 1998:

3f2a6d-metal_gear_solid_shadow_moses_heliport_by_solidcal-d5dy1y3.png

Then there Syphon Filter from the PS1 era as well, one of the best:

51V6H8VNG5L._AC_.jpg

Twisted Metal, addictive!

61T3PRP64PL._SX342_.jpg

Resistance:

Resistance-Fall-Of-Man-PS3-Game.jpg

The rest I don't know.
If they're remaking MGS1 for me Sony will instant win next gen gaming without even showing anything else.

MGS1 was my top PS1 game as well. The VR missions were fire could spend hours in there. How would we beat Pyscho Mantis now?? We don't have 2nd controller port. 2nd usb slot?? LOL. I just called my kid bro. I only have ps3/ps4 at my parents. I used to have ps1,2 collection at my parents.My kid bro reckons I gave it to my mum & she sent it to the mother land (Africa) 12-15 years ago. Those games gone.

Never played the resistance series. My PS3 shooters were COD with zombies & the Astronaut at the end of the round don't remember what that COD was called ,BF3 & Starhawk. If they remade StarHawk right now the fortnite kids that have grown up & tired of fortnite would eat up a new Starhawk. I would love a StarHawk remake.

Sony do stuff purposely. Those guys play Shogi not Chess. Not the most favoured game but theres a repeated boss fight in Death Stranded that pretty much turns into metal gear. I just wouldn't be surprised if we get a metal gear remake the template is already built.(There are 2 other MGS esq boss fights in Death Stranded) The Decima Engine is just serious stuff.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
MGS1 was my top PS1 game as well. The VR missions were fire could spend hours in there. How would we beat Pyscho Mantis now?? We don't have 2nd controller port. 2nd usb slot?? LOL. I just called my kid bro. I only have ps3/ps4 at my parents. I used to have ps1,2 collection at my parents.My kid bro reckons I gave it to my mum & she sent it to the mother land (Africa) 12-15 years ago. Those games gone.

Never played the resistance series. My PS3 shooters were COD with zombies & the Astronaut at the end of the round don't remember what that COD was called ,BF3 & Starhawk. If they remade StarHawk right now the fortnite kids that have grown up & tired of fortnite would eat up a new Starhawk. I would love a StarHawk remake.

Sony do stuff purposely. Those guys play Shogi not Chess. Not the most favoured game but theres a repeated boss fight in Death Stranded that pretty much turns into metal gear. I just wouldn't be surprised if we get a metal gear remake the template is already built.(There are 2 other MGS esq boss fights in Death Stranded) The Decima Engine is just serious stuff.

Although I loved MGS1 so much, I would love a reboot of original MG1 and MG2 from the 1980's. I just don't know the story behind them. The story of MGS overall is fucked up even Kojima won't explain it :lollipop_tears_of_joy:

Twisted Metal can be a massive MP game for Sony, wonderful, addictive game!

And about SEGA, I think Steam will get them, not MS:

EZB5nIHU4AUcNlL.jpg:large

timestamped

Last edited:

yewles1

One possible way to do Psycho Mantis is with the DualSense, the haptics might be able detect your skin and pulse rate thus Mantis can always tell where you are, you fix this by covering your hands or the controller so that he can't sense you anymore.

SaucyJack

Sega Sammy is a publicly traded company. If they were being bought their CEO would already have announced the bid to their shareholders.

They are a multiplatform publisher. Their games sell most on Nintendo and Playstation consoles. Some of their franchises have close ties to Playstation audience, like Yakuza and Persona. If they were to turn Xbox fanboys dreams into a reality, they would be risking the future of the company on a ridiculous gamble.

None of this makes sense, and reeks again of the mythical "Microsoft warchest". At best MS would make a deal with Sega for their Xbox games to be day 1 on gamepass.

Indeed.

I've said this elsewhere but Phil Spencer is on record as saying that the Mojang acquisition ($2 billion) was outwith the purchasing power of Xbox Studios, it had to be done at Group level. An acquisition of Sega would be significantly more expensive, so equally would have to be a Microsoft Group level deal. As two publicly traded companies there's information that gets out there and announcements are done in a very specific, very formal fashion. THEY DO NOT GET ANNOUNCED VIA A JAPANESE GAMING MAGAZINE.

Whilst stock exchange rules, etc would be less of an issue for the announcement of a Sega branded Xbox, the likelihood that two publicly traded companies think that a scoop in Famitsu is the best way to announce this has got to be bordering on zero.

It's something else.

And it's probably fucking nothing.

Corndog

Banned
Indeed.

I've said this elsewhere but Phil Spencer is on record as saying that the Mojang acquisition ($2 billion) was outwith the purchasing power of Xbox Studios, it had to be done at Group level. An acquisition of Sega would be significantly more expensive, so equally would have to be a Microsoft Group level deal. As two publicly traded companies there's information that gets out there and announcements are done in a very specific, very formal fashion. THEY DO NOT GET ANNOUNCED VIA A JAPANESE GAMING MAGAZINE.

Whilst stock exchange rules, etc would be less of an issue for the announcement of a Sega branded Xbox, the likelihood that two publicly traded companies think that a scoop in Famitsu is the best way to announce this has got to be bordering on zero.

It's something else.

And it's probably fucking nothing.
I don’t see anyone saying they bought them just a strategic deal.

nosseman

I dont think MS i buying Sega Sammy - there is to much else than gaming in that.

What can be up for grabs is IP and/or divisions and those kind of things can be done without every shareholder being told. A cooperation can also be in the works.

If its Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo - I dont know.

SaucyJack

I dont think MS i buying Sega Sammy - there is to much else than gaming in that.

What can be up for grabs is IP and/or divisions and those kind of things can be done without every shareholder being told. A cooperation can also be in the works.

If its Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo - I dont know.

Yes this is possible, but the news on such a thing doesn't get released via a hyped in advance Famitsu article

B_Boss

Even as a big sony fan this thread is way to heavy in sonys favor. I don't want this to be some "xsx/ms discord channel" type of thread.

I don’t understand your thinking there....if the thread is “heavy in Sony’s favor” then so long as there is genuine preference for each platform, and that those who prefer their console each come here to discuss or speculate nextgen, then it is what it is.

Surely members who prefer PC or Xbox are absolutely welcome to post and express their opinions here within the parameters or rules. This will never, ever be the terrible mess that discord was.

Yes MS solution is better for cooling, I agree,

I’m genuinely curious. Do we know that the cooling in the Series X is technically superior to that of the PS5’s solution? It honestly does not matter aside from my curiosity and understanding of both console’s cooking technology. We haven’t had a proper year down nor reveal of the PS5’s cooling

Sony is cunning; I have a strong feeling they have held back on loads of pivotal stuff about their new console, whispers even boil down to the Duelsense having secrets.

Relevance:

Because I said what I said and everyone read them here. So I'd like my apology to be here for everyone to see.

Just clearing my guilty conscience.

What is it that you have a guilty conscience about? Have you ever attacked Tim or rather his words/thinking/arguments? It seems to me that some attack how he presents himself on social media and/or gaming console discussion.

geordiemp

I’m genuinely curious. Do we know that the cooling in the Series X is technically superior to that of the PS5’s solution? It honestly does not matter aside from my curiosity and understanding of both console’s cooking technology. We haven’t had a proper year down nor reveal of the PS5’s cooling

The XSX has less to cool as lower clocks (offset by maybe slightly bigger APU) so its got less work to do. Did not say it was technically superior, just that it will run cool as its not pushing anything and its a tower box..

I did not say it was good either, its inefficient and leaves power on the table in effect. I bet when next gen PC RDNA2 cards come out they are also clocked higher...

Ps5 what they got out of teh silicon is far more impressive, I cant wait to see its cooling technology.

Last edited:
I don’t understand your thinking there....if the thread is “heavy in Sony’s favor” then so long as there is genuine preference for each platform, and that those who prefer their console each come here to discuss or speculate nextgen, then it is what it is.

Surely members who prefer PC or Xbox are absolutely welcome to post and express their opinions here within the parameters or rules. This will never, ever be the terrible mess that discord was.

Relevance:

What is it that you have a guilty conscience about? Have you ever attacked Tim or rather his words/thinking/arguments? It seems to me that some attack how he presents himself on social media and/or gaming console discussion.

I'll believe it when I see it. There was so much bullshit that insiders were talking about before the Cerny reveal. This could be no different. Believe nothing until the PS5 is fully revealed.

Swadedtx

Banned
Yup, pretty sure it has to be a shooter. Guerrilla hired people who worked in Rainbow Six Siege so that tells us something. It might be a tactical shooter, it could be a SOCOM reboot, Killzone or brand new IP, guess we'll have to keep waiting to really know what's the game.
The Rainbow Six guys like Chris Lee worked on Socom too. Apparently theyve been working on whatever game since 2018 and it could be a launch title.

DaGwaphics

I did not say it was good either, its inefficient and leaves power on the table in effect. I bet when next gen PC RDNA2 cards come out they are also clocked higher...

I'd be shocked if they weren't clocked higher as well. Likely much wider designs than that in the PS5 also.

It's easier to go for the extremes in the desktop space, they can use the highest binned chips for product X, if 75% don't make the grade it's not an issue. Those will be a lower clocked product Y.

ZeroFool

You mean for the HZD models? They're usually not used as they are in the final product, and I've been gaming on 4K TV since 2015 and got the pro on late 2016. Played HZD and those models are way higher than the final game, so those can be patched along with higher assets to run on PS5 enhanced.
Got it, thanks. I was late morning reading again trying to get sleep.

Swadedtx

Banned
I wouldn't be so quick to assume. We know Guerrilla's second project is a shooter and one of the two new unannounced first party dev teams (one is a brand new studio located in San Diego, the other is a 2nd dev team created within Sony San Diego) was hiring for people with fps experience.

I think SOCOM is in development somewhere amongst Playstation Studios, but I think it may still be a few years away.
Why would Guerilla higher Socom/Siege people for a multiplayer game (job listings 2017-18) if you weren't making a shooter?

Last edited:

Great Hair

Banned
Huh? How did MS financially support a game that came out like 2 years ago?

Bright Memory Infinite is also coming to PS5.... and it's the original game that had the pirated content issue, which the developer fixed.

The Kid fired up his favorite torrent client, searched randomly or explicit for a game with textures and/or other assets. For some odd reason, he went with Alien Marines (Gearbox).

Means,
that he must have downloaded other games, pirated the living shit, and then started to commit theft (on top of the pirating) by "repurpusing" assets made by others, from other games.

I´m sorry, he made a "game" based on stolen ideas, stolen goods, by downloading other games until he found the "one" and made a penny or two on steam at $10? per copy.

Easily in the $100,000 and that´s just the lowest # (since they stopped sharing the numbers of sold copies on steam). So YES, Microsoft is now "pumping" money into a project from a developer that stole everything, literally except for the grappling hook.

He replaced everything apparently, and now according to the article the game looks shit. Valve doesn´t care as long it makes money for them and Microsoft needs titles for their moneypit.

Criminal mindset:
1º pirate content, until you find the one
2º reuse content made by others
3º enjoy profit

sircaw

Banned
It just occured to me that Timdog always does double/triple spaces, which curiously enough was a trait riddled throughout that famous fud post on youtube. Might be nothing but it's like... I practically never see people using multiple spaces. 🤔

post.png

I think next generation in 7 years time i am going to become a fud spreading machine too, seriously wtf is up with these people.

I totally get if your happy with your preferred console and want to be positive about it, but to actively sit there and fabricate shit to demean the opposition takes a special kind of scumbag.

SSfox

It just occured to me that Timdog always does double/triple spaces, which curiously enough was a trait riddled throughout that famous fud post on youtube. Might be nothing but it's like... I practically never see people using multiple spaces. 🤔

post.png

73db6ff399f37d15708e5b242ecc1bbe.jpg

You can clearly see the desperation between his lines, poor guy, i almost want to offer him an Xbox T-shirt if it may heal him in this hate sickness.

DrDamn

In Cerny's presentation on backwards compatibility I thought it was weird to have so much empty space in that graphic. It leaves room for two more consoles to be named in the same font size. Why cramp everything in the top of you don't need the other space?

PS. Sorry for the bad edit... Mobile
qD8EWec.jpg

Yeah I thought exactly the same myself during the presentation. Space for more.

Can you imagine Japanese people buying a tower console like XSX for their households? The following was taken from a documentary which has something to say about the topic.

iv0eQ5Q.png

XSS only maybe?

ethomaz

Banned
I am sorry I am super tired, I just read this three times and I don't know what you are saying.
The site only tracks the PSN users that tried to see their status.
So there is 4.4m PSN usernames across all devices (PS3, PS4 and Vita) being tracked.

From these 4.4m about 87k played Demons Souls.

They don’t give how many from these 4.4m were PS3 users and neither how many played Demon’s Souls from the over 85m PS3 users.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Yes I've attacked how he's presented himself. Always came off as a clown or troll who's too invested in his plastic box. But I was wrong.

Anyway whatever.

You apologize to TimDog and want to "clear" your conscience on the same site where he usualy "shit" in.

Good one ;)

JAliGE6.jpg
I really don't care. It's all stupid.

Dibils2k

In Cerny's presentation on backwards compatibility I thought it was weird to have so much empty space in that graphic. It leaves room for two more consoles to be named in the same font size. Why cramp everything in the top of you don't need the other space?

PS. Sorry for the bad edit... Mobile
qD8EWec.jpg
it makes a P for PlayStation... you are setting yourself up for disappointment by reading too much into something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom