• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I wonder which Discord he got that from...

At the same time:
gH6XpvFnONzB80VKDFIaZimjDo2D_5VavvTjBLA-mZ4Zt7n6bbCQZ9RxU6_6JL1G6DeakojwYw-dmLkoAyWu5yrPDgKU7z0qS03iTghn79BhdaTj2RwhG-MlpFzIPZQS3dKBZ7Lo3XQ8NmCJgIp5EIBJf2y4PGzjY_TiWzuD4O1AijJ3p0yURLwChWhcj9uGn_X_dquKCxZDgGUhjfIp9gM11B1_p4jyxF6h9aG1eXCKDwCiJKMnYlONSili0UWrCMMUxJ7qlHEVoqOrN3QFqCZBTRUQLJQuK7p2U-De3-97IGaHsaFEpCsMqzcvwzKQGIonXCxcwW7YqxAePo93A5abDLDu7HCfrAFYhxv5-uPgDRswkBhbzXPQYWakwmsH-1E-9FGJPVLC2GcS8GNYY4jWQQ7NfcifuQZhEh2PUrzQLbZU0nOKAwSh78jP4HIcSy_K26Q2WLOaIjXPQvX5misVsFJVEGB5rdv9Ei58v7xmYMm_uIYP0btWCjlAZow3aU69oTctHlEvSVr-0Q8Js_SNW1uq3iiYti9c5DbmJXL81KNutTzYyS1BQ0zZBOZj1XJB3F5_5InjUuXBl3JX2CqyHr0FehMF0wcZ9QgfS1j8eoILqRTLHqnKtdpTpjBScrhC50bdUSwxtK3GPq060wX9jBgIEskJ1ZKwhpZfoTbGcqnaFYDP3qNbqVuU=w1574-h1397-no

Especially that last comment.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
It truly is a guess but wouldn't surprise me to get PS5 pre orders going right before the Xbox 1st party show.

I don't think so. I mean, that would be one HELL of a tactic for several reasons. I just don't think so. Sony tend to prefer to keep the day to themselves for things like this.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
It truly is a guess but wouldn't surprise me to get PS5 pre orders going right before the Xbox 1st party show.
I actually meant the price of both editions, since everyone is expecting the information in 1 hour. So I would guess you might've heard something through the grapevines that you could share.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I actually meant the price of both editions, since everyone is expecting the information in 1 hour. So I would guess you might've heard something through the grapevines that you could share.

I have heard for awhile the $499 price and that was before the reveal so the question is how low can they go for the digital version?

If they can possibly drive it down to $399 to funnel more money through the PS store its huge, just dont know they could get it that low.

Great Hair

Banned
What good games are lost if MS acquires WB?

Since most WB games use licensed franchises pertained to others like DC Comics and what not ... not much. I dont believe WB game division is worth $4billion.

Rocksteady has not released a game in like what must feel 10 years now. But the chances of seeing this in those games is high :

I have heard for awhile the $499 price and that was before the reveal so the question is how low can they go for the digital version?

If they can possibly drive it down to $399 to funnel more money through the PS store its huge, just dont know they could get it that low.
Why would they do that ? When Pro is still $399 ? And At $449-$499 they are going to sell every PS5s they produce for many months, maybe like one year.

Last edited:

FeiRR

Banned
Sorry if old, I wasn't around for a few days. On Friday I found info in Google News feed (should be called Google Garbage but anyway... ;) about a PS5 preorder page at one of major Polish IT hardware chains. The link itself had already been removed but a quick search directed me to a few news pieces where people had managed to take screenshots of that page and also one for XSX. The price translates to approx. 550 EUR (23% VAT included).

NbINgvp.jpg

8NBpMgR.png

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah $399 would be amazing value, and the loss per console would still be OK if the Bloomberg BOM-cost estimate was correct. But I always expected the PS5 to be more expensive to build than what they thought. Oh well fingers crossed for $399

pasterpl

Sorry if old, I wasn't around for a few days. On Friday I found info in Google News feed (should be called Google Garbage but anyway... ;) about a PS5 preorder page at one of major Polish IT hardware chains. The link itself had already been removed but a quick search directed me to a few news pieces where people had managed to take screenshots of that page and also one for XSX. The price translates to approx. 550 EUR (23% VAT included).

NbINgvp.jpg

8NBpMgR.png

I love how even retailers seems to be confused with Microsoft console naming - Xbox one series x

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Not only to them no. But I dont see why it would be unreasonable to think they have sent pricing info to most retailers already.
They do not need pricing info until pre-orders are actually ready to go live, so no it's not really reasonable to think they'd give that data to retailers right now.

edit: I suppose if PS5 pre-orders are actually going live soon they might know, but I'd bet it will be shared last minute

Last edited:

dwish

Wii had the controllers old people could play tennis... Gamepass is a unique feature you can only play on lockhart?
The Switch is a fantanstic portable device that doesn't compare to consoles or mobile phones in anyway really... You're missing out.

I gave in to the hype and bought a Wii on release. Mainly due to the controllers, Zelda and Mario, even though I was more interested in the PS3.

Game Pass is unique to Xbox. The PC version is lackluster. I don't plan on getting a XSX but if the Lockheart is cheap enough I may be interested in that. I'm waiting for a price cut on the Switch. I may be more interested in that than the Lockheart. Time will tell.

Anyway, why the animosity on speculation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom