• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Blaster

z8m8xLR.jpg

Uh oh

giphy.gif

There is no way Sony would release the PS5 on Black Friday, that would be insanity! I am putting my money on Nov 13th or Nov 20th, probably the latter.
It's not just insanity, its a bad move.

They already know the launch day will be sold out so why put it on the next feasible date where you know everything will sell out?

Such a bad prediction, it tell me this guy has never worked retail and doesn't understand the retail industry.

Two weeks before BF makes the most sense to me as it allows for restocking. Anytime after seems like a questionable decision.

Old boy on twitter about to get catch them hadoken. Lets be real it doesn't make any sense to announce PS5 price. During Ghost release next week.

I'm certain they will keep that bullet it in the chamber for later on. They need to sell Ghost.

They fired off their first official showing of PS5 a week before Last of Us 2, which, as you can see by the numbers, didn't affect the sales of that title in any significant way.

Ghosts will be fine no matter what they decide to do, especially being BC anyway.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Historically, for the last two consoles, they've released mid-November in the U.S. I do not think they'll launch at the end of a month, though, they did that for Playstation 1 and 2.

My bet is somewhere between November 15 - 22 with me hedging more towards the 20th. I like Fridays for a console release in the U.S. based on the last two console launches here. Besides it kicks off the weekend with a new box to play with.

An extra historical note, Slim versions generally launch around three years later.

Here's the history:
Playstaion 1:
JP: December 3, 1994 (Saturday)
NA: September 9, 1995 (Saturday)
EU: September 29, 1995 (Friday)
AU: November 15, 1995 (Wednesday)

Playstaion 2:
JP: March 4, 2000 (Saturday)
NA: October 26, 2000 (Thursday)
EU: November 24, 2000 (Friday)
AU: November 30, 2000 (Thursday)

Playstation 3:
JP: November 11, 2006 (Saturday)
NA: November 17, 2006 (Friday)
EU: March 23, 2007 (Friday)
AU: ?

Playstation 4:
NA: November 15, 2013 (Friday)
EU: November 29, 2013 (Friday)
AU: November 29, 2013 (Friday)
JP: February 22, 2014 (Saturday)

Playstation 5:
NA:?
EU:?
AU:?
JP:?

They fired off their first official showing of PS5 a week before Last of Us 2, which, as you can see by the numbers, didn't affect the sales of that title in any significant way.

Ghosts will be fine no matter what they decide to do, especially being BC anyway.

Cant compare a showcase to actual pre-ordering /price announcements. That would directly effect sales number of a game coming out in the next 3 days. Some people would put their money into PS5 then the game & get the game later.Due to FOMO.

It makes more sense to sell the game first & then drop price/pre-orders for a more expensive purchase later. At a date closer to payday in fact.

pasterpl

This cannot be true.

That is way too heavy to be real.

Edit: Says its the Box weight. Controller weight should be around 0.61 lbs.

what the hell they are planning to put in the box with the controller that weights so much?

Ahh timdog the man who knows nothing who thinks he knows something

Re. That WB MS timdog tweet! that would Be to fast for deal like this to close, especially when buying party would like to negotiate some of the IPs to be included

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
What good games are lost if MS acquires WB?
I think none, this was purely about studios and talent, not IP. At least that's what people kept saying. If this is also about IP, then Batman

dwish

I think Microsoft is positioning the Lockheart as next gen's Wii. The Wii was much lower priced than the other consoles and had unique features that were not available anywhere else. This resulted in a lot of gamers getting the Wii as a secondary console to their PS3s/360s (myself included).

The Lockheart will be very cheap and GamePass will be its unique feature. I'm a PS guy myself, but I can see myself getting a Lockheart if it hits €249 (unless Nintendo counters with a substantial Switch price cut this winter).

devilNprada

The Wii was much lower priced than the other consoles and had unique features that were not available anywhere else

Wii had the controllers old people could play tennis... Gamepass is a unique feature you can only play on lockhart?
The Switch is a fantanstic portable device that doesn't compare to consoles or mobile phones in anyway really... You're missing out.

I think Microsoft is positioning the Lockheart as next gen's Wii. The Wii was much lower priced than the other consoles and had unique features that were not available anywhere else. This resulted in a lot of gamers getting the Wii as a secondary console to their PS3s/360s (myself included).

The Lockheart will be very cheap and GamePass will be its unique feature. I'm a PS guy myself, but I can see myself getting a Lockheart if it hits €249 (unless Nintendo counters with a substantial Switch price cut this winter).

Well the price rumours range from $200 and I don't expect a great deal more than that if MS sees it as a Gamepass trojan horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom