• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

geordiemp

So apparently RedGamingTech has gotten more inside information on the next-gen consoles, specifically PS5 and he'll be uploading a video in the next few days to reveal. Curious to see what it is.

Also there was rumours a while back when the PS5 heatsink patent was released that the PS5 will be using some sort of 3D stacking, Coreteks also speculated the same thing and believes "Big Navi" will also incorporate the same feature. What does everyone think?

I think it will be cooled both sides with 2 heatsinks (just my wild guess based on the patent) and hence 2.23 Ghz

What would they stack exactly - GDDR6 - nope, what else its an APU ?

Last edited:
Regarding that "insider"...

Geoff:

I have to say, after playing with the controller, dualsense, the experience, I guess I’ve a sense of where you’re taking things moving forward.
And lets talk a bit about that. You guys had the big event. So many great titles. Gamers are very excited about PS5. There were rumours this week that pre-orders were happening and twitter lit up. I don’t know where these rumours start but I have to ask you. Are you about to press a button for pre-orders? When can we get expect to get our PS5?

Eric Lempel:

No, definitely not now. We don’t know what happened there . We had nothing to do with it.
I got a message from someone saying “people are lining up at stores” and we had no idea why. So I think it’s safe to say to your viewers that we’ll let you know when pre-orders will happen. It’s not gonna happen with a minute’s notice. We’re going to at some point let you know when you can pre-order a PS5. So please don’t feel like you have to go run out and line up anywhere until you receive official notice in how all of that works. Don't know what happened, or who did it (we do). It wasn’t us. (busted "insider")

---------------------------------

I know people are thirsty, and he's feeding that thirst but that's about it.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Surely they'd get some monetary gain by agreeing to exclusivity. That just seems like a terrible deal otherwise. Especially with a studio of over 100
Your game gets way more attention because it’s exclusive, gets marketed by the console manufacturer, etc. It’s also cheaper and easier to release a game that way.

Maybe I misjudged Team Bloober’s size but there’s reasons to go exclusive beyond being money hatted.

Kerlurk

Banned
So apparently RedGamingTech has gotten more inside information on the next-gen consoles, specifically PS5 and he'll be uploading a video in the next few days to reveal. Curious to see what it is.

Also there was rumours a while back when the PS5 heatsink patent was released that the PS5 will be using some sort of 3D stacking, Coreteks also speculated the same thing and believes "Big Navi" will also incorporate the same feature. What does everyone think?

Well Sony does own a company that does chip stacking.

They own an Israeli company:
Notice the "A Sony Group Company" under the logo.

They stack an image sensor on top of a DSP chip (that's designed for AI):

I doubt this is part of the PS5, but who knows, it could use some of it's technology.

sircaw

Banned

I doubt this is part of the PS5, but who knows, it could use some of it's technology.

From Israel, Ps5 coming with a Turret on top of it, early testers say it is guaranteed to blow you away.

Your game gets way more attention because it’s exclusive, gets marketed by the console manufacturer, etc. It’s also cheaper and easier to release a game that way.

Maybe I misjudged Team Bloober’s size but there’s reasons to go exclusive beyond being money hatted.

They tried their luck with the other side and it didn't pan out to say the least. Basement Crawl was not received well - I'm sure Sony didn't extend a hand after that mess. Not surprised they're trying with MS now on the eve of a launch. At the end of the day, they got mouths to feed.

geordiemp

What exactly would they stack though and why if its a 330 mm APU ? What would you put there ?

It also does not fit Cerny design, fast and faster. Chiplets are slower

Kerlurk

Banned
What exactly would they stack though and why if its a 330 mm APU ? What would you put there ?

It also does not fit Cerny design, fast and faster. Chiplets are slower

Maybe the chip used in PlayStation 5 Camera.

It would interesting if Sony added some AI there to help with let's say any VR tech that they use.

Last edited:

3liteDragon

About that Thursday, August 6th date, season 5 of Modern Warfare and Warzone is expected to start on Wednesday, August 5th. VGC reported a few weeks back that CoD 2020 was gonna be revealed within Warzone. So maybe a reveal in-game with a trailer premiere the day after during the State of Play event.

Last edited:

geordiemp

Maybe the chip used in PlayStation 5 Camera.

It would interesting if Sony added some AI there to help with let's say any VR tech that they use.

There is a small paragraph in that Sony cooling patent about cooling from the back through the board .....that talked about the option to both sides of the APU with 2 heat sinks. That is what would guess with 2.23 Ghz GPU, but who knows ?

And that V shaped dev kit with 2 exhaust flows ?

Last edited:

Kerlurk

Banned
There is a small paragraph in that Sony cooling patent about cooling from the back through the board .....that talked about the option to both sides of the APU with 2 heat sinks. That is what would guess with 2.23 Ghz GPU, but who knows ?

And that V shaped dev kit with to exhaust flows ?

It's probably a good ideal, if it does the job, and does not cost too much.

Makes sense, as the heat from the chip does not just radiate in only one direction.

I like how they have heat pipes/or it's just metal passing through the motherboard itself. I see that as the most challenging aspect for high production.

I know my post is a different type of stacking, but just found out about it, and thought some of you might find it interesting. Probably would have been less confusing, if I did not post it in response to that cooling stacking post.

Last edited:
T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
Comment disappeared? I see Reddit already caught the screenshot lol

CHMhzpt.png
So how much of this was correct? 🤔

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
Underwater robots in Horizon was kinda true and hard to guess. That's the only thing I could make out of it that would give him cred. Everything else has no weight.
Yeah thats what I'm thinking too, he was spot on with other stuff too like native 4K at 30 FPS but that could be a good guess.

The water physics and tesselation are interesting comments. I remember Alex from DF talking about the water physics in HZD2 like he had a hard on lol

He might also be right about the date, since the game does come out sometime next year.

I'm skeptical about the other stuff but we'll have to wait and see, also ray tracing doesn't sound plausible because I've heard it's much harder to ray-trace games with dense foliage (don't know why) but it would be interesting if GG manage to pull off some forms of dynamic global illuminations.

I would say:

- Water and underwater enemies are real.
- Battles in the sky, are possible due to the Pterodactyl we saw in the trailer.
- Spring 2021 sounds a good date for a release.
And the game targeting 4K/30 (the exact resolution and framerate the trailer was running, according to DF) and maybe the part of Aloy having more than 1 million polygons, I mean, someone on reddit posted these screenshots where you can see the small little hairs on her neck:
0oKbNb0.jpg

YVtSz4s.jpg

Last edited:
T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
And the game targeting 4K/30 (the exact resolution and framerate the trailer was running, according to DF) and maybe the part of Aloy having more than 1 million polygons, I mean, someone on reddit posted these screenshots where you can see the small little hairs on her neck:
0oKbNb0.jpg

YVtSz4s.jpg
The trailer looked stunning, I know it was in engine footage but the trailer was mostly cinematic shots, really curious to see how the gameplay will look, especially on release when GG can have a chance to really optimise and refine everything!

Gamernyc78

Banned
Sigh i really hope not, i have set a 400 pounds limit anymore than that well, its a big no, hence why i like the idea of the none disk version.

Kick starter, crowdfunding, fuck it i am goin to sell my body.

Be on the corner tonight boys and girls, red mini, fishnet stockings, blondie wig, trust me you won't know the difference.

I am also expensive 5 bucks a trick.

Who's First!!!!

MODS half/price

Groups welcome and time to stop :messenger_beaming:
You dirty hoe 😂 😂 😂

HawarMiran

Banned
I would say:

- Battles in the sky, are possible due to the Pterodactyl we saw in the trailer.
Nowadays I don't take any initial release date serious. Games get pushed back so often. And Sony didn't even mention a release date for Horizon yet

LOL at this dealer game podcast. They’re really going in on this PS5 RDNA 1 crap. They even brought up PS5 is a 2019 console.

Why are Xbox fans so obsessed with PS. F’n pathetic.
On both sides we have those kind of persons who love to spread rumors as a fact and make their own logic to make the competition look as inferior as they can, but yeah, Dealer and that entire podcast might be on top on the Xbox side, and their followers believe every word they say and spread it further.

Saw that rumor earlier Ninja Gaiden was going back to Xbox exclusive. That's one IP I want back so bad especially after DMC 5. I'd be happy but also sad at the same time. I don't want to buy Xbox for 1 game. I'm not sure I believe those rumors. Seems like financial suicide for Koei to put a game like that on Xbox when their money is in Sony/Nintendo right now. Nobody in Japan buys Xbox consoles and they probably never will.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
LOL at this dealer game podcast. They’re really going in on this PS5 RDNA 1 crap. They even brought up PS5 is a 2019 console.

Why are Xbox fans so obsessed with PS. F’n pathetic.
Didn't he also say it was rdna3?

reksveks

I would say:

Yeah, the only thing that they said was 2021 was the target release so I am assuming that it's going to be late q3/q4 date. If earlier, they might have been more comfortable just saying releasing in 2021.

Sinthor

Gold Member
Didn't he also say it was rdna3?

I don't know. Hard to keep track of all the BS floating around. That's why I hope we get the straight technical info SOON. We've already been told as well that some of the features we may see in PC cards have actually been developed as a part of cooperation between Sony and AMD. Microsoft too, I believe? So couldn't THAT be considered 'RDNA 3' or at least be some addition to RDNA 2 that wasn't originally there? Whatever, but people are trying WAY to hard with all this BS. We already know that both machines are "Custom RDNA2." So either that means that NEITHER are actually RDNA 2 or they both are, with customizations specific to each platform...as we've been told! Just silliness. Like people guessing on the ROPS based on PC parts. I mean, it's all good to speculate- that's why we're here. But some people are just going WAY to hard and far on this, trying to make stretches of logic that...well...just aren't logic. :)

FeiRR

Banned
Maybe MS gave them a big paycheck?

Bloober is unlikely to be acquired, either way.
They mention 6.7m EUR budget for the Medium. The money has to come from an investor, it might be Microsoft. Also, why unlikely? If MS is satisfied with their output (the budget suggests an AA game which is a perfect fit for their Game Pass strategy), they might decide to put more money into the studio by buying their public stock.

The interview is full of big claims like "the biggest game of holiday 2020" (so isn't Halo launching then or are they that delusional?) I think that with help of Platige Image their game might be much better than their previous ones because PI are experienced in asset production (they worked on many games, including also at least one Playstation exclusive) and made a lot of intros and trailers (Witcher, Division, just to name a few). But I wouldn't hold my breath to expect the next Resident Evil level of IP.

ZywyPL

Banned

I have to say, I love Sony's marketing slogans, it's like that fake Kaz Twitter account is actually running the company, first we had #4theplayers, which was basically the opposite of their approach, and how it's #PlayHasNoLimits, except the games are limited to a single system, and you cannot play with people from other platforms, and any nudity is a no-go (unless it's from Druckmann). Nope, no limits at all.

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
SUCKER PUNCH EXCITED ABOUT DUALSENSE HAPTIC FEEDBACK; POSSIBLE GHOST OF TSUSHIMA PS5 PLANS

We talked about how we really love how controllers kind of connect [you to the game], and anything that gives us more ability to give the player better tactile feedback about what’s going on I think will be a big deal. So I think for Sucker Punch, that’s a particularly interesting area, right?

In relation to the PS5, they were asked if the game will be coming to the next-gen console in the future like getting an upgrade or anything similar. Fleming gave a little hint that there might be a chance it will be coming to that particular console. He did say that there will be more information in the weeks to come since they are still busy with their transition from work.

IkarugaDE

There is a new registration-site on amazon germany for the PS5.

PlayStation®5
The PS5 ™ console opens up completely new gaming opportunities that you would never have expected.
Click here to receive email updates for PlayStation 5
By registering, you agree to receive information about the PlayStation 5 from us by email.

To register successfully, you must be logged in with your Amazon account.

Last edited:

Brudda26

I have to say, I love Sony's marketing slogans, it's like that fake Kaz Twitter account is actually running the company, first we had #4theplayers, which was basically the opposite of their approach, and how it's #PlayHasNoLimits, except the games are limited to a single system, and you cannot play with people from other platforms, and any nudity is a no-go (unless it's from Druckmann). Nope, no limits at all.
You do realise sony was the first out of this generation of consoles to allow play with players from other platforms but yeah stick with that narrative you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom