• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanZepp

PS4 Pro is still 400 dollars, but sold at 3000 in Brazil, same taxes of PS5 digital.

The reason Latin America prices are so fucked is that people accept the bullshit. People from the US or Europe here complain about the most miniscule price increases and companies fear overcharging them.

No, you are very wrong. Is not stores and companies increasing prices just for the sake of it. The devaluation of the currency in Argentina made $1 usd = $75,65 pesos, and on top of that we have a fucking 70% tax, and on top of that we have a $200 monthly restriction to buy dollars (is forbidden to buy right now). It's a fucking mess. Yesterday i went to a game store to talk about getting a PS5 and the owner was so sad and upset from all this shit hes gonna try to move to other country.

SSfox

PS5 will destroy Xbox in games and sales for the first 24 months.
But what will happen in 2023 when Sony has two games coming out that year and MS has five or six?

We have yet to see what kind of games will come and level of quality. Promises is something, truly deliver is another thing.

Mr Moose

Bethesda, used to have great games, they still have some good games. Yet Sony goes for another approach.

Ghost of Tsushima, new IP.

ghost-of-tsushima-logo-feature.jpg

Horizon, new IP.

horizon-zero-dawn-intro-desktop-wallpaper.jpg

Days Gone, new IP.

days-gone-review.jpg

Above that, rebooting existing titles like GOTY winner, God of War.

thumb-1920-710329.jpg

4fvdrc.jpg
I've just platinumed Ghost of Tsushima about 15 minutes ago 💪

Bo_Hazem

Banned
No, you are very wrong. Is not stores and companies increasing prices just for the sake of it. The devaluation of the currency in Argentina made $1 usd = $75,65 pesos, and on top of that we have a fucking 70% tax, and on top of that we have a $200 monthly restriction to buy dollars (is forbidden to buy right now). It's a fucking mess. Yesterday i went to a game store to talk about getting a PS5 and the owner was so sad and upset from all this shit hes gonna try to move to other country.

Argentina is a wonderful country, hope things get better. Stay strong, brother. (y)

Faithless83

Banned
People were freaking out about the price in Brazil but you guys got it way worse.
Thankfully we dodged the left government bullet this time around.

Stay strong man! Hopefully it will improve soon.

Codexer

When Japanese people use their arms to make a big X across their chest, that’s the gesture for wrong, or not allowed. The Japanese word for this gesture is “dame” (だめ), which means “no” or “not allowed”. If you’re answering a question and the answer is wrong, this gesture can be used as well, along with the word “batsu” (ばつ), which means “incorrect” or “false”. There’s also an emoji of a woman doing this gesture on iPhone!

NoWrong-668x500.jpg

chilichote

Here's a scenario I'd love that will not happen:
I'd love for Elder Scrolls 6, and possibly Starfield be available purchase only on Playstation 5. Microsoft makes money. These games available for purchase or through Gamepass on XSX. That way, The game is available everywhere, and MS gets their money.
I think that's smart business. I can think of so many reasons, and even comments that Spencer has said which would be an argument for this. It will not happen regardless.

However, one must not forget that such a large investment must be justified in front of investors and that Microsoft should capitalize on it as soon as possible in order not to annoy investors.

I think this is bigger than the "console wars", this is about the future of gaming and Microsoft as a major player and market leader - and it works the fastest when you include all platforms. Presumably Microsoft will do without the XBox as hardware and only rely on gamepass/streaming and that everywhere where players can be found. And the hardcore crowd is also sitting in front of the PS5.

Garjon

I think for the first time in 19 years of the MS-SEGA rumors, I'm bracing myself for the possiblity of it being halfway true. I really, really, hope it's not though. TGS following so closely behind Bethesda-gate, Xbox going first at TGS, and HFX stating the news isn't over, yeah... I'm cautious to say the least.
I think this hinted big news is the end of XBL Gold

CrysisFreak

Banned
Ouch. So if you want to charge 2 controllers you need to fork out more money.

I don't know what MS is thinking basically asking for just as much money for their controller while offering less features.
Then again the joycons exist. They fucking exist. Mangoes. Fuck me they suck.

Ptarmiganx2

Well, more quality always implies higher cost, either in the same time or in less. In any case, it will be the user who will have to decide if that game is worth "that price".
And when you're trying to fill Gamepass it won't be. Bethesda fits Microsoft's future plans. We are not going to get ultra high quality Sony style games on a subscription service. That's why I'm hoping consumers continue to support Sony's way of doing things. If we go to an all subscription model, I will likely lose interest in gaming.

TwistedSyn

I don't know what MS is thinking basically asking for just as much money for their controller while offering less features.
Then again the joycons exist. They fucking exist. Mangoes. Fuck me they suck.
I can't believe people defend those Joycons. They are probably some of the most cheap feeling controllers I have ever used in my life. I always thought Nintendo was about quality, guess I was wrong.
Just glad that the Pro controller exists.

Garjon

I believe MS came out and said they had no plans to end Gold?

I wonder if HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 would be so kind, if he's able-to, to sooth my fears, and let us know if the "more MS news" is related to an further aqquisition or not, lol.
I don't know if it was them or the Windows Central people who said that. The fact that Grubb keeps bringing it up makes me think there's fire to the smoke. And if MS are entering the business of throwing 7.5 billion on a single acquisition then perhaps they are willing to throw out a big chunk of revenue for the publicity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom