• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Sony said "We have built the most Powerfful PlayStation ever" it would fucking the same because the statement ia objectively the same as It only compared thie

"Ghost of Tssushima still looks amazing"

I mean is this considered any leaked info ?
Anyone could say that. Its Just an opinione that is very likely to be true

You guys should start give some confidence on real insiders who leak concrete and objective infos, not vague subjective opinion based on nothing.

Just remember the date 13.02.2.0
You are a fake insider that doesnt know shit. Only one that said anything about to wait for this early in this week was me because i knew about 12 tflops. You are telling ppl you are an insider , just stop, a Sony fanboy who cant come to terms that Xbox will indeed be more powerful next gen. We had a good laugh about your posts on twitter too.

splattered

While I am getting super excited for next gen next year I also heavily bought into switch this year for myself and my kiddos... and then I see the hellblade 2 trailer and have what to compare against it on the switch? Man the gap is going to be astronomical next holiday I wonder if nintendo are shitting their pants yet. I mean yeah its "all about the games" but the graphics on switch next year are gonna looks insanely weak outside of creative stuff like yoshi's crafted world or paper Mario type games.

You are a fake insider that doesnt know shit. Only one that said anything about to wait for this early in this week was me because i knew about 12 tflops. You are telling ppl you are an insider , just stop, a Sony fanboy who cant come to terms that Xbox will indeed be more powerful next gen. We had a good laugh about your posts on twitter too.

I dont have twitter acount, my friend.

You dont really need to make a crusade on anyone who Just suggest the ps5 might bê slightly more powerful (wich is true tho).

Were insders fanboys back then when they said PS4 would be more powerful because they did not believe in your prophecy about the Cloud closing the gap ?

Relaxe, my frind. Lets have a drink and enjoy this spectacular but not the most Powerfful nextgen machine that IS the BOX SX

quest

Not Banned from OT
OsirisBlack

Which one is the PS5 GPU FLOPs

I vote 12.9 I have to give it to Sony if it if true but fit all the Insiders since E3. The big winner is gamers 2 damn great machines neither one cheaped out or screwed up hardware wise. Can't wait for details like the customs each has. This will be like the 360-ps3 generation except both are easy to develop for. Two machines each fan base can be happy with.

onQ123

You dont really need to make a crusade on anyone who Just suggest the ps5 might bê slightly more powerful (wich is true tho).

Were insders fanboys back then when they said PS4 would be more powerful because they did not believe in your prophecy about the Cloud closing the gap ?

Relaxe, my frind. Lets have a drink and enjoy this spectacular but not the most Powerfful nextgen machine that IS the BOX SX

If PS5 CPU is only clocked at 3.2GHz & the GPU is only a little bit more powerful than Xbox SX can you really say PS5 is more powerful?

BTW IM SO "fake" insider that I have TOLD right here that the game that would bê shown as a PS5 game would a scifi based game and boom, I got it right, but people missed this so what can I do ?

Its not like Im begging You to believe in me. The facts put any doubts tô rest

quest

Not Banned from OT

Exactly this is not like the one vs ps4 where MS screwed up and was embarrassed. These are 2 beasts that even digital foundry will have a hell of a time finding differences in the 3rd party games. No slow ram no 30% less CUs to add esram. I'm a gamepass ultimate subscriber until 2022 and get a scarlet day one. Microsoft lost a race by a hair no big deal it's still a beast.

bitbydeath

You said it before Kleegamfan? Got any proof?

44alltheway

BTW IM SO "fake" insider that I have TOLD right here that the game that would bê shown as a PS5 game would a scifi based game and boom, I got it right, but people missed this so what can I do ?

what game are you talking about?

Imtjnotu

Bro you're arguing with a brick wall

Exactly this is not like the one vs ps4 where MS screwed up and was embarrassed. These are 2 beasts that even digital foundry will have a hell of a time finding differences in the 3rd party games. No slow ram no 30% less CUs to add esram. I'm a gamepass ultimate subscriber until 2022 and get a scarlet day one. Microsoft lost a race by a hair no big deal it's still a beast.

It translates as 2fps better but fanboys Will make it sound like its a big Deal, unfortunetly

I mean I wouldn't consider that sci-fi, more fantasy, but what do I know?

My sources have told me before the show that It would a scifi with rpg elements and for that reason, Mass Effect came to mind, but that was my personal guess. The actual infos given were accurate (fantasy scifi type with rpg elements)

44alltheway

My sources have told me before the show that It would a scifi with rpg elements and for that reason, Mass Effect came to mind, but that was my personal guess. The actual infos given were accurate (fantasy scifi type with rpg elements)
anything else your sources told you about upcoming next generation games?

ManaByte

Why are you writing your posts like CBOAT?

DJ12

Let's hope you don't delete your circle jerk when the insiders are proved correct.

And the only person I can see pretending has insider info is you.

DJ12

Ghost of Tssushima still looks amazing"

I mean is this considered any leaked info ?
Anyone could say that. Its Just an opinione that is very likely to be true

You guys should start give some confidence on real insiders who leak concrete and objective infos, not vague subjective opinion based on nothing.

Just remember the date 13.02.2.0
So it would seem you are saying Osiris as he is the one that commented on ghosts isn't a real insider them use a date in the same format he posted it says ago.

It's would probably help you to get verified to be honest. I assume you are a Dev as you are "under contract" and can only release small bits of info.

If you are a Dev I'd like to ask you how you know tflop numbers. I cannot see you writing your own benchmarks, so does it soley come from what is and Sony tell you?

For me one console having a couple of FPS advantage is a believable comment from a Dev, console y being 12 tflops and console z being 12.5 for example less so.

DJ12

13 Teraflops, RDNA 2, 2.0 Ghz

But 2.0 Ghz is too much for a console. It would draw too much power and be very expensive to cool, wouldn't it?
It's almost as if you haven't seen the devkit or the new xbox.

At any rate both are using next gen rdna which no one has any idea about thermals on at this point, maybe it doesn't run anywhere near as hot as rdna 1.0

FranXico

I dunno about the vapour chamber, but judging by the posts/threads in the last day or so, it seems to have several big (and vocal) fans.
giphy.gif

Racer!

Its incredible how you know stuff about PS5 hardware, Xbox hardware, 1st party software, what Phil takes home from work, GTAVI...all after the fact obviously.

No, thats the point, we are getting sub 10TF machines and he and Tom/Jason have been fed with BS.

We had this topic with Lockhart before with all insiders saying "THERE IS NO LOCKHART GUYS" only for there to be Lockhart few days after the fact.

I assume its very hard for devs to leak something to non tech people, so if they said 9TF you would have people saying its less then Navi XT, while in reality Navi 2 with RT and VRS would easily, easily beat Navi XT (and 2070 Super).

You dont look too knowledgeable now yourself :messenger_tears_of_joy:

DJ12

You dont look too knowledgeable now yourself :messenger_tears_of_joy:
You could literally quote hundreds of his posts where he's been adamant everyone else is wrong and he was right where it turns out the opposite was true. I was hoping the 12 tf bombshell would shut him up, but that doesn't seem the case.

Racer!

still havn't gotten an answer on how much 12 vega tflops is navi/rdna flops

You have an answer, common sense.

Computer performance is measured in number of floating point operations per second (FLOPS). Phil said; if you do the math, Series X GPU is twice as powerful/performant as Xbox One X GPU. Thats how you get from 6 to 12 TF.

Now, alot of people are confusing performance with efficiency, how they make use of those operations. Thats where GCN vs RDNA comes in. There is no single metric for efficiency, therefore he is not talking about that.

Last edited:

TeamGhobad

Banned
from wc, and again they don't understand that 2x the power of X is not 12TFLOPS of RDNA. RAM is only 16GB which is low cause in MS own reveal at E3 we counted at least 20. Also no 8k optical drive??? SSD was suppose to be 4 GB/s
NzU4uph.png

KdiEv5V.png

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Can we finally please put to rest the doubts about the new generation having a native 4k 60 fps baseline now?

Still not happening, gpu isn't fast enough. The main bottleneck those consoles have at this point. check 5700xt benchmarks to see what that gpu pushes at 4k in current games nowhere near 60 fps, let alone when complexity goes up next generation. even 4k will be dropped fast.

from wc, and again they don't understand that 2x the power of X is not 12TFLOPS of RDNA. RAM is only 16GB which is low cause in MS own reveal at E3 we counted at least 20. Also no 8k optical drive??? SSD was suppose to be 4 GB/s
NzU4uph.png

I read to much into it.

says its next-gen console, Xbox Series X, will be twice as powerful as Xbox One X.

The console previously known as Project Scarlett was unveiled on Thursday night at The Game Awards, ahead of its launch during the 2020 holiday season.

“We wanted to have a dramatic upgrade from the Xbox One base console,” Xbox boss Phil Spencer told GameSpot. “So when we do the math, we’re over eight times the GPU power of the Xbox One, and two times what an Xbox One X is.”

Doing the maths, Xbox One X is targeting around 12 teraflops (TF) of computing power, compared to the Xbox One X’s 6TF, and the Xbox One S’s 1.4TF.

That 12 tflop number is based around traditional xbox one tflops. It's not 12 tflops of RDNA.

Which put it in line with a 5700 xt, xbox one x = 580

index.php

Memory and SSD is probably reduced to reduce the price of that thing, its pretty expensive stuff.

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
On the memory front, DF looked up the part numbers visible in the E3 trailer and one was a 1GB chip and one a 2GB chip. So if it has a mix, sub 20 should be expected. That video could’ve been a red herring by MS but I doubt it.

henau212

Neo Member
What I meant is getting better prices for those, I can imaging that ordering 100m APUs or Rams can net you better pricing than ordering 30m over the lifetime of the console.

That's normal economy of scale..
Not that easy. Don't forget that MS is also doing semi custom for surface, ordering huge numbers of Epyc for Azure etc. from AMD. Also, MS is planning on using the APU in server blades for xcloud and Azure (Sony to my knowledge will not have a second use for the APUs in a server environment when they are not used for cloud gaming). Same goes for storage and RAM from other suppliers. If they are negotiating everything under one master agreement, they are a way bigger customer than Sony. If not, then Sony might be the bigger customer.. We simply do not know their contracts, so this is just guesswork.

I just simply do not see that either MS or Sony do have any advantage at AMD, TSMC or whatever. Both are way too big and important for those companys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom