• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Then i would strongly suggest Godfall. From what i see it looks fun and satisfying and most importantly easy to get into. Also, there are so many different armor sets to choose from, there is a very good chance you will find one or two you will like.

Also, Godfall seems more to be about co-op, whereas in demon souls you will get fuckers like FunkMiller FunkMiller and co trying to invade you every 5 mins.

Lies!

not lies

Tmack

Xbox Series X Review by IGN

Final Verdict 8/10

43SvkxQ.jpg

"Review" and give a rating to a console at launch is lame.

This guy basically talks about things he doesn`t know for sure, a lot of speculation and them gives a score? WTF

sircaw

Banned
That's really the only way to do it? lol

How lame.

These games are not for the faint-hearted, it looks all and nice but i can you know, no matter who you are, if your a newbie, you have zero chance of winning a fight vs a full-on vet player.

I don't like the word fisting lol but a vet will kill you naked and with no weapons on at all and dance around you like your a fool haha.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
These games are not for the faint-hearted, it looks all and nice but i can you know, no matter who you are, if your a newbie, you have zero chance of winning a fight vs a full-on vet player.

I don't like the word fisting lol but a vet will kill you naked and with no weapons on at all and dance around you like your a fool haha.
I love difficult games... I just don't have interest in any sort of multiplayer functionality. Just not my thang ya know?

I'll give it a shot though and I guess just turn off my wifi if I don't like it.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
I love difficult games... I just don't have interest in any sort of multiplayer functionality. Just not my thang ya know?

I'll give it a shot though and I guess just turn off my wifi if I don't like it.

well, you can turn the online option off, if it's available like dark souls.

I did not find Dark souls very hard as a game, but there is a section just before you fight Smough and orinstein, where you keep getting invaded by human players

Not only are those two bosses utter CUNTS, i died 200000000000 trillion times there but also the constant invading can wear your down after clearing a lot of knights, when you get invaded you are not allowed to enter the boss room until your dead or they are vanquished. I have really good patience, but that place did start to make cry.

Besides them and some shitty archers outside the only other place i struggled a bit was a big black dragon in the dlc.

Last edited:

travisktl

Being invaded is both the most maddening thing in the world, and also rewarding....if you win.

You can do everything in the game offline, but playing online has cool features. One of the boss fights can be completely different for reasons, and also the world tendency mechanic is changed by decisions that other players are making. Think of it as a morality or karma system. White tendency has weaker enemies, and does things like open up areas that you couldn't access otherwise, but has a much worse drop rate for good items. Black tendency has harder enemies, more invasions, you have less health in soul form, but you get a much higher drop rate for rare items. If you play offline, this is completely controlled by your actions. If you play online, the tendency of each area can randomly change over time from other players decisions.

That being said, a first time playthrough is probably better offline if you're worried about the random invasion, but it will probably only happen a handful times throughout your entire playthrough. If you want to do NG+, give online play a go!

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned

Don’t do it. Just think of it a bit like Death Stranding, it adds to the experience. Don’t stress about it.

Last edited:

user1337

That's really the only way to do it? lol

How lame.
I can't recall, but they used to have an item to kick out invaders once they invaded. Lol.
Also you have to be in human form to be invaded. Just stay "dead" and you'll not get invaded.

Invasion is fun man. Heck since it's 6 players now you can summon 3 others to help you fight everything including invaders.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I can't recall, but they used to have an item to kick out invaders once they invaded. Lol.
Also you have to be in human form to be invaded. Just stay "dead" and you'll not get invaded.

Invasion is fun man. Heck since it's 6 players now you can summon 3 others to help you fight everything including invaders.
There is a spell called Banish after 4-2 that can do that... you learn it from Urban? (or something like that).

Edit - It is a slow spell and you doesn't work if the Phantom invasor is too long range from you... he can attack and kill you while you are casting the spell.

Last edited:
Godfall will be a PS5 console exclusive for six months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom