• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nowcry

This might be surprising to people, but I think the system might fit easier in backpacks than at least the PS4 Pro because it’s less deep. And at 15.4 inches tall, most backpacks should be able to hold it ok.

PS4 Pro-12.9 tall x 11.6 deep x 2.17 wide
PS5-15.4 tall x 10.24 deep x 4.09 x wide
*sizes measured in inches
Take off the fins and it will enter

HoofHearted

I think Jason is more or less alluding to PS5 being a no buy recommendation as well. Did you see his follow up tweet? Looks like he's not impressed with either next gen consoles.

Yep - if you read his comments and responses from the original tweet (and he linked to his podcast on the subject) - he appears to be noting that neither are really "worth" the money right now.

travisktl

thats how i wanted next gen games to look but fucking Jim Ryan wasted millions of dollars on current gen ports instead.
Me too. I'm really excited to be starting this gen with something like Demon's Souls though. That's impressive. I have a feeling Insomniac, Naughty Dog, and SSM will be able to get something like that Miles Morales video by the end of this generation, if not much sooner.

BatSu

1hvv.gif

LucidFlux

never played it but does look nice and smooth.
My most played game until Destiny.

It is F2P and very fun... become repetitive fast and has some weird issues with shooting and gameplay in general.
Tons of regular updates.

But take in mind that I did not play it anymore after Destiny... so they could had fixed the gameplay hit collisions... plus for being F2P I had tons of fun.

Edit - I forget to say... the framerate in PS4 was atrocious when have more than 5 enemies on screen... some Void missions you basically played in slowmo :D and teleport happened all the time lol

I always forget about Warframe. I never gave it a proper chance mostly because of the jankiness you described ethomaz ethomaz . Plus like you, I kinda had that itch scratched by Destiny, MHW and now potentially Godfall (if I decide to pick it up, probably will).

However it's free and hopefully some of that jank will be gone on PS5 so I'm definitely going to at least give it a shot now because that video did look quite fun.

At the start of sales of the PlayStation 5 consoles will be available only in online stores - not in retail

PS5 takes no more than 11 seconds to boot, according to a leaked video

I'm honestly not expecting that to happen. But if it does than there's something really wrong with the XSX.

Nope there's nothing with Series X, it's that there's something's wrong with notion that Tflops is a be all and end all thing. Anyways let's not get started with the tflop debate. We will wait the games to do the talking for both consoles

3liteDragon

mmm...

Mesh shaders: they are compute shaders that run at CUs. No hardware block to process calculations. So less flops for rasterization.

GE: hardware block that crunches its numbers in the pipeline first stage before CUs kick their rasterization job.
Surprised I didn’t even look into this during the Hot Chips conference, does the Series X GPU have ACE’s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom