• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamwest24

Dude...we KNOW you're excited to have your PS5. We're excited too! But......just.....no......

Sorry, man..that was just TOO EASY! (I know...that's what SHE SAID!!!)

Lol!! Yeah, I figured I’d get something like this. But I legit wanna know if others feel like the sticks feel this way.

I think at this point even if it's really the tools, then what? They get everything "tightened up" and are on par with PS5? Or best case scenario maybe have a 5%-8%, or even 10% performance advantage? Would that be considered a win?

The narrative that the Series X is somehow vastly more powerful than PS5 has be shattered. It literally doesn't matter if they get everything firing on all cylinders and somehow take a very minor performance crown from here on out. For the vast majority, they'll look at the games and say to themselves that it's too close to call and PlayStation has better first-party support. I still think Series X is a great system, but fuck did they ever trip over themselves and fall on their face with this power narrative.

giphy.gif

Tools...

Speaking of tools, what about PS5? What happens if third-party developers realy utilize PS5's SSD and I/O? What happens if they start digging into the fully programable geometry engine? For all the talk of tools, I don't hear anyone talking about that. This ain't over
[/QUOTE
PS5 is not even using nex gen geometry engine yet,it will utilized for PS
You don't reduce the amount of grass if it wasn't needed to keep framerate.

Nobody fell asleep doing their job. And probably the Series X isn't more powerful than the PS5.

Right from the start we have a few games, all running better on PS5. It's not just Dirt 5.

If the hardware is more deeply engineered to take care of all kind of bottlenecks, that's part of the graphics power as well.
As I said, it's not just one game, but several. So at this point I have serious doubts about Series X being the most powerful console.

Being the most powerful console can't be proven, not even "on paper". Simply because we don't have the full PS

thelastword

Banned

So John is now analyzing people who disagree with him based on their language and heritage......He is providing more stats on twitter on twitter responses than in his Dirt video, we never saw the better performing 120Hz mode on Series X that he alluded to......

People who think that Dusk Golem was lying when he said that RE8 ran like shit on the PS5 really, REALLY need to re-watch the reveal trailer of RE8 and see how horrible the framerate was on the werewolf part and the old man. We're talking 5-10 frames per second there.

Capcom needed to re-adjust the RE Engine for PS5. That's it. And considering how Devil May Cry V runs on a PS5, it's safe to assume they adjusted it just fine.

RE8 will run perfectly on the PS5, but that definitely wasn't always the case - if it was, the RE8 reveal trailer would play at 60 fps without a hitch.

People like to shit on Dusk because ... I don't know, ERA? But the guy has leaked tons of things in the past which ended up being true.
DMC always performed better on PS4/PRO over XBOX. They upgraded many things for RE8 Village and pushed PS4/XBONE out of the picture to concentrate on more next gen graphics and features....Most of Capcom's games have been targetting 60fps of late, so that initial demo was them just transitioning from last gen systems to this one....

now that i have both, for sure PS5 feels more like a new generation, more exciting and premium feeling. but also comes with early new generation bugs and crashes 😆 so there is a trade off, PS5 has already crashes or turned itself off 3 times in the day i used it, where as Series X has not had a single issue

the heptic stufff.. vibration is kinda meh but the triggers are awesome! genuinely improves gamefeel, breaking those balls in Astro will never get old! 😆

but yeah just MM and Astro just kills it for Sony(i might have to get DS too at some point👀), these are real great games to enjoy on a new system with totally new experiences (controller stuff for astro and ray tracing for MM). Series X feels very "meh" in comparison, like i stayed up late playing on PS5, which i dont do often nowadays, but with Series X it was just like any other day just with everything loading and playing better
This review reminds me of this one.....A writer at TOM's can't put the PS5 down, he is playing countless hours on PS5 whilst having both systems, but apparently he still prefers his XBOX. He also says the PS5 launch lineup makes it compulsively playable....So even if he prefers XBOX, I can appreciate such honesty, yet it's also odd that many said the PS5's lineup was just as bad as that of Series X, but a fan of the XBOX begs to disagree....

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/ps5-xbox-series-x-launch-exclusives

assurdum

Banned
Depend of the rest of your PC.

Some PCs with 2070 have better graphics settings and performance than some PC with 2080.

That is a macro example... 2070 and 2080 still are basically identical with only less units enabled in 2070.... PS5 and Series X are só difference that any it won’t be surprise that PS5 can have better performance even with lower TFs count.
Better performance we agree better looking is another story. I used the 2070 super and the 2080 because is it the supposed difference between ps5 and series X though in theory should be even quite less.

Last edited:

oldergamer

“wHeN yOu oVeRcLoCK”
zLJSfhN.jpg
That is exactly how it looks on a PC with a video card clocked too high. don't be foolish. he isn't saying the PS5 is clocked too high (he gave an example), he is saying if you see it occur, return it. It's armchair warriors like yourself that gets all bent out of shape and starts sending him messages claiming wrong doing. No wonder he turned comments off.

That is exactly how it looks on a PC with a video card clocked too high. don't be foolish. he isn't saying the PS5 is clocked too high (he gave an example), he is saying if you see it occur, return it. It's armchair warriors like yourself that gets all bent out of shape and starts sending him messages claiming wrong doing. No wonder he turned comments off.
Honestly it felt kind of like a strong suggestion on a problem within PS5 itself. Like "see? This is what happens when clocks are too high. Not making accusations here, just... guess what has very high clocks?"
And I try to see the good on everything, but it felt strange for sure.

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
LOL he turnt his comments off because he knows he's going to get called out on his bullshit. He just can't handle the smoke.

As for calling me an "armchair warrior", you do realise Tom has zero technical knowledge, he just pretends to know what he's talking about. In fact several developers and engineers have called him out on this especially in recent months. His constant mis-understanding and mis-representing of facts is not good for a journalist who's self assumed role is covering next generation consoles.

Last edited by a moderator:

kyliethicc

LOL he turnt his comments off because he knows he's going to get called out on his bullshit. He just can't handle the smoke.

As for calling me an "armchair warrior", you do realise Tom has zero technical knowledge, he just pretends to know what he's talking about. In fact several developers and engineers have called him out on this especially in recent months. His constant mis-understanding and mis-representing of facts is not good for a journalist who's self assumed role is covering next generation consoles.
Don't worry Tom will just delete the tweet like he always does and backpedal.

Dolomite

Sorry but Mike is wrong on this one. The power difference is not gonna big enough for games on xbox to outshine industry leading PlayStation exclusives. Especially not when being shackled to the s
Idk if the S is even a factor in this equation. Lowest common demon seems like an afterthought

oldergamer

No, he turned his comments off because he would get responses like yours from random console warriors. Unless you want to argue that you don't see similar graphical glitches on PC video cards when people attempt to overclock?

You're trying to read something into his comment that isn't there! There's no malicious intent. its all in your head.

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
No, he turned his comments off because he would get responses like yours from random console warriors. Unless you want to argue that you don't see similar graphical glitches on PC video cards when people attempt to overclock?

You're trying to read something into his comment that isn't there! There's no malicious intent. its all in your head.
Don't be a armchair warrior dude. The fact you are getting all up in arms about it, proves him turning off comments makes sense.
You're not making sense now or you're taking this too personally.

For a guy who has been posting console war baiting tweets for the past year he knows dam well that he'll get challenged on his bullshit.

Warren has a long history of tweets which misrepresent facts and information. He doesn't have strong credibility even amongst developers and engineers because of the same reason and he blocks people who challenge his tweets even if they do so in a professional manner, when he knows he's wrong he'll quickly delete his tweets so people don't call him out on it especially as time unfolds. I don't see the need to repeat myself on that.

But keep parroting "armchair warrior" as much as you want, it's a cheap way of trying to dismiss any sort of criticism for your beloved "journalist".

BS! Artifacts like this only happens if the vram is clocked too high or the gpu is faulty. if the CU is clocked too high, it will crash immediately.

Tom doesn’t know shit about overclocking. And you cluelessly calling people warriors is no better.

BS! Artifacts like this only happens if the vram is clocked too high or the gpu is faulty. if the CU is clocked too high, it will crash immediately.

Tom doesn’t know shit about overclocking. And you cluelessly calling people warriors is no better.

I remember Cerny said that if they push the clocks too high logic fails.

Is that what causes the artifacts to appear?

Not saying they pushed it that high because Cerny said their clocks are below that limit.

Last edited:

oldergamer

Total utter bullshit. you are splitting hairs over a nothing post. Why are you talking specifics when he clearly wasn't. You guys are way too sensitive. You attack DF the moment you think they slight PS5, you attack anyone on twitter the moment you think they are besmirching PS5. just give it a rest.

I think we are seeing a lot of reports about issues from both consoles because nowadays everyone has access to the internet so everyone can just post whatever issue they have. Also, if both consoles have the same failure rate, I think it's logical to see more reports about the console that sells more, just because there are more units out there. If one console has double the sales than the competition, we're more likely to see double the reports, simple.

Last edited:
Total utter bullshit. you are splitting hairs over a nothing post. Why are you talking specifics when he clearly wasn't. You guys are way too sensitive. You attack DF the moment you think they slight PS5, you attack anyone on twitter the moment you think they are besmirching PS5. just give it a rest.
I think you're mistaken. Warren's tweet was implying the artifacting in the PS5 game was a product of overclocking. That is misinformation and not true. Your fanatical defense of the tweet doesn't change that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom