• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
wheres that chicken with the bow from that movie, its epic

That's reserved for the worst of them.

giphy.gif

jamwest24

Anybody else’s DualSense sticks more sticky or gooey than the DS4? That’s the only way I know how to explain it. Trying to figure out if that’s normal or if mine are defective. It’s almost like the rubber didn’t cure long enough. I compared to my DS4 and they’re waaaay softer and stick to my thumbs. I’ve tried cleaning them and it makes no difference.

sircaw

Banned

I mean no, i very much doubt normal xbox community users or fans are disappointed at the game, they probably have no idea at all if it drops frames, they are just enjoying their game like most people should.

BUT the xbox fanatics are livid that you did not beat the ps5 and are crying like spoilt bitches, i think this sums up that tweet a little better.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member

interesting - This is now the third game I’ve seen with reported game save / corruption issues (Watch Dogs and AC:Valhalla being the others). Has anyone else experienced these issues?

My astrobot progress was nowhere to be found. Had to start all over. No errors, nothing, just had to start a new game.

People who think that Dusk Golem was lying when he said that RE8 ran like shit on the PS5 really, REALLY need to re-watch the reveal trailer of RE8 and see how horrible the framerate was on the werewolf part and the old man. We're talking 5-10 frames per second there.

Capcom needed to re-adjust the RE Engine for PS5. That's it. And considering how Devil May Cry V runs on a PS5, it's safe to assume they adjusted it just fine.

RE8 will run perfectly on the PS5, but that definitely wasn't always the case - if it was, the RE8 reveal trailer would play at 60 fps without a hitch.

People like to shit on Dusk because ... I don't know, ERA? But the guy has leaked tons of things in the past which ended up being true.

Dude said PS5 struggles with 4k games.... ergo dude is full of bullshit.

Anyone know what's up with this ?

It's likely to not just include text files, but audio as well as textures and decals that include regional language text.

Well that’s an easy answer - deadlines and a console launch. :)

As a veteran IT professional- I can tell you that the companies I’ve worked for over the course of my career ALL have released incomplete and unoptimized software in order to meet target production timelines. It’s expected nowadays that there will be fast follower patches and releases to address bugs and performance issues - *including* SDK and API/framework updates that also include their own set of defect resolutions and performance enhancements.

Both of these consoles are entirely new architectures and I’m guessing both are using 1.0 (or perhaps even BETA releases) of their respective toolkits.

My doubt remains, why up to the "Digital Foundry Incident" they were talking like the game had ship on it's best form possible on the SeX.
It's absurd that no one, not a single person, had noticed such a glaring problem.

kyliethicc

ethomaz

Banned
Looking at ps4, numbers were 250k. Way bigger numbers for ps5 i imagine will be over 300k, damn. That would be almost double the xbox numbers that were reported at 155k.
Some markets is about UK?

Edit - I read the previous tweets... it is about Uk.

Last edited:

Tiptop10

Neo Member
Any predictions on what Sony could possibly show at The Game Awards? Maybe GoW footage or something from ND or Japan Studios? Silent Hill?
I'm hoping we see what ND has been secretly cooking in regards to their TLOU2 PS5 patch & multiplayer. I find it hard to believe those are not in the works. and they could very well be significant which is why they've taken so long to be revealed/released. Would be an epic way to sign off on a successful year for Playstation as well.

Glad to see some frustration honestly. Better than lying and pretending everything is fine

The system is clearly more powerful and should have better looking games vs. any other console atm.

Based on the specifications that is correct. However real world performance is a different story at the moment. Despite their transparency Microsoft has said anything about this yet.

Last edited:

renx

You don't reduce the amount of grass if it wasn't needed to keep framerate.

Nobody fell asleep doing their job. And probably the Series X isn't more powerful than the PS5.

Right from the start we have a few games, all running better on PS5. It's not just Dirt 5.

If the hardware is more deeply engineered to take care of all kind of bottlenecks, that's part of the graphics power as well.
As I said, it's not just one game, but several. So at this point I have serious doubts about Series X being the most powerful console.

Being the most powerful console can't be proven, not even "on paper". Simply because we don't have the full PS5 papers.

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights

Nice for the rest mode fix.

And yeah....install sizes. Borderlands 3 PS5 is about 20GB smaller for me...and I have an extra DLC for the PS5 version I didn't install for the PS4 version.

I have both versions installed because of the 'only transfer one character from PS4' issue.

Nobody fell asleep doing their job. And probably the Series X isn't more powerful than the PS5.

Right from the start we have a few games, all running better on PS5. It's not just Dirt 5.

If the hardware is more deeply engineered to take care of all kind of bottlenecks, that's part of the graphics power as well.
As I said, it's not just one game, but several. So at this point I have serious doubts about Series X being the most powerful console.

Being the most powerful console can't be proven, not even "on paper". Simply because we don't have the full PS5 papers.
Cerny and his team created a masterclass in engineering.

Its only going to get worse from here for Xbox and its community.

Last edited:

Sinthor

Gold Member
Anybody else’s DualSense sticks more sticky or gooey than the DS4? That’s the only way I know how to explain it. Trying to figure out if that’s normal or if mine are defective. It’s almost like the rubber didn’t cure long enough. I compared to my DS4 and they’re waaaay softer and stick to my thumbs. I’ve tried cleaning them and it makes no difference.

Dude...we KNOW you're excited to have your PS5. We're excited too! But......just.....no......

Sorry, man..that was just TOO EASY! (I know...that's what SHE SAID!!!)

I would wait a little before coming to any conclusions.

But I do agree that the PS5 has exceeded many peoples expectations. Some are really happy about it while others are just salty. Cerny and his team did a great job designing the system.

As for Microsoft they really need to prove the power claim soon. They can't allow multiplats to be better on the competitors system because 12TFs is a big bullet for them.

ethomaz

Banned
Should have better looking than any other system errr the hell is it supposed to mean? A game doesn't become better looking in the passage between a 2070 S gpu to a 2080.
Depend of the rest of your PC.

Some PCs with 2070 have better graphics settings and performance than some PC with 2080.

That is a macro example... 2070 and 2080 still are basically identical with only less units enabled in 2070.... PS5 and Series X are só difference that any it won’t be surprise that PS5 can have better performance even with lower TFs count.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom