• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Moose

I’d actually be okay with this if Sony and MS made their consoles upgradeable from the get go

I shouldn’t need to pay for a new cpu, power supply, and RAM when the major difference is the GPU

Just let me upgrade the GPU when the node shrink occurs
Brings back memories of the N64 with the expansion thing.
Perfect Dark wouldn't really do much without that shit :<

No.. We do shows bigger than E3 and have a large front and center booth space... Around 350k on years we revamp the booth. So sony is not paying much more than that for E3. $500K maybe going really extravagant renting the hall and such.
I don't think you know anything about E3. I read from a journalist that Sony was spending upwards of 20 million on E3 in 2006, and costs are higher now.

Smoke6

To echo @OsirisBlack it may be out there but its not something anyone else is talking about.

It costs the big boys around 30 million to do those big shows.
How so for Sony when they’re using their own studio for conferences and then show floor space? That’s outrageous to be paying that much! I need to find a venue and charge a little bit cheaper than what they were paying sheesh

devilNprada

I don't think you know anything about E3. I read from a journalist that Sony was spending upwards of 20 million on E3 in 2006, and costs are higher now.
No but I've worked for companies who have done Sema, apex and shot show which are all bigger than E3. So I am familiar with the costs. Fuck for 20 million they could do it at superbowl halftime. But you believe the journalist I guess.

Smoke6

No.. We do shows bigger than E3 and have a large front and center booth space... Around 350k on years we revamp the booth. So sony is not paying much more than that for E3. $500K maybe going really extravagant renting the hall and such.
This is what I figured! Hence my $5mil at most for everything they have going on of that.

TLZ

Banned
i afraid your son might do harem no jutsu instead
I dunno if that's good or bad.

giphy.gif

Mr Moose

No but I've worked for companies who have done Sema, apex and shot show which are all bigger than E3. So I am familiar with the costs. Fuck for 20 million they could do it at superbowl halftime. But you believe the journalist I guess.

This is what I figured! Hence my $5mil at most for everything they have going on of that.
No clue, it's just what I'd read that they were 30M+ (from a few people). That shit seems overpriced.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Guys you all have to calm down. Sheesh!

Our text was pretty flaky because he was getting the information from a very high profile worker at Sony.

The text seems to be all over the place.

I never got dates nor prices. As I said before, "expensive" to me means near Nvidia 2080 costs. The guessing is all on me so take it with a grain of salt.

PS5 as of now is 9TF. I specifically asked that and got a yes.

PS5 falls in between performance of the Lockheart and the XSX. That is confirmed.

The iffy part is the PS5 Pro.

"they have one model with lower specs than PS5 and one model with higher specs. PS5 is right in the middle" -- talking about the Xbox SKUs.

"tons of rumors that the lower spec xbox is coming out this year".

"XSX is equivalent to the RTX 2080 super"

"unless they plan on selling it for $800 I doubt it will release anytime soon." -- XSX coming out later??

There is other comments like if XSX sells for $500 then that would disrupt Nvidia sells, etc.."

Anyway, I tried to piece together was is happening. It appears like the PS5 Pro is coming later. That would mean the base PS5 is 9TF and perhaps the 2 SKUs for Xbox are releasing during xmas 2020.

So 2 models. Possible 2 coming out from Microsoft but 1 coming out for Sony.

I'm just as confused as you guys but I won't press for straight answers.

Mr Moose

Our text was pretty flaky because he was getting the information from a very high profile worker at Sony.

I never got dates nor prices. As I said before, "expensive" to me means near Nvidia 2080 costs. The guessing is all on me so take it with a grain of salt.

PS5 falls in between performance of the Lockheart and the XSX. That is confirmed.

"they have one model with lower specs than PS5 and one model with higher specs. PS5 is right in the middle" -- talking about the Xbox SKUs.

"unless they plan on selling it for $800 I doubt it will release anytime soon." -- XSX coming out later??

There is other comments like if XSX sells for $500 then that would disrupt Nvidia sells, etc.."

Anyway, I tried to piece together was is happening. It appears like the PS5 Pro is coming later. That would mean the base PS5 is 9TF and perhaps the 2 SKUs for Xbox are releasing during xmas 2020.

You are aware you need to update your "insider" status with the Mods/Admin, right? You're only vetted for info from before. (I think that's how it goes).
I'm not buying a 9TF PS5. (Literally, fuck that if its the same price as a Series X).

VFXVeteran

Banned
You are aware you need to update your "insider" status with the Mods/Admin, right? You're only vetted for info from before. (I think that's how it goes).
I'm not buying a 9TF PS5. (Literally, fuck that if its the same price as a Series X).

Umm no. That's not how it works. I know way too many people in the gaming industry. The Mods know how to get my contact info as they did before.

kbear

It’s nonsense

XSX is launching this holiday and is the only Xbox MS is talking about now..that’s confirmed
Nailed it.

Cover was blown with that XSX might not release this year line. I don't know why you guys believe these people. I get that we're all thirsty for next-gen news, especially from a seemingly dormant Sony, but it's embarrassing. I asked a question a couple pages back. "What has Osiris got right and what has he got wrong?" The answer was he's been "in the ballpark but never correct on anything." That's my last say on this stuff. They're LARPing.

Smoke6

I think we need to chill out and wait and see how this goes

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war

So what is Lockhart like? Is it close to ps5 or quite behind @ about 4 tflops?

Also Spencer has already confirmed that the xsx is coming out in fall 2020

Last edited:

Mr Moose

So what is Lockhart like? Is it close to ps5 or quite behind @ about 4 tflops?
Maybe there is no Lockheart (Phil said they are making one next gen console, right? someone posted it a few hundred pages back).
Edit: Is this it? https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/21/...rlett-console-next-generation-rumors-lockhart
“Last year we said consoles, and we’ve shipped a console and we’ve now detailed another console. I think that’s plural,” says Spencer. “Right now, we’re focused on Project Scarlett and what we put on stage.”

Last edited:

Judd Nelson

Neo Member

lol....

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
VFX,

When Sony eventually reveals PS5, are they going to show games like last time where they promote a first year game like Shadowfall and a final year game like Dreams?

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned

Thanks for the info VFX.

My take?

Sony had some wiggle room. They gambled middle of the road, Microsoft went for the high road, Sony had to react which explains them being quiet.

Perchance they did get taken aback and had to adjust accordingly. But there is no way Sony goes 9TF against a 12TF RDNA2 machine unless they go $399, taking a loss on their BOM.

But your information disagrees with other sources on the power front. I'm not saying it is inherently wrong, but something is disjointed at Sony HQ if your texts are a bit flaky.

Last edited:

devilNprada

I believe you man. I am in the 9 tf camp myself, because nobody that I know is going to pay $800 for a console. I'll just end up playing with myself.

Mr Moose

I believe you man. I am in the 9 tf camp myself, because nobody that I know is going to pay $800 for a console. I'll just end up playing with myself.
I play with myself multiple times a day :messenger_grinning_sweat:
The joys of being single

I disagree, I think series S is a good idea.
If it's 4TF like the rumours, it will hold back the Series X, you want that? It's like being held back by the One X. Great console but not next gen.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member

This is reads like a parody.

Mr Moose

When you get permabanned at the other place not for politics but for being such a fanboy when it is already full of them...especially in their next gen thread....then you don't much credibility.

I would say the same for Osiris, Heisenberg et al if they were permabanned for the same reasons
Wait who got banned? :messenger_hushed:

Wait who got banned? :messenger_hushed:

Take a wild guess. Someone who's middle aged and this emotionally invested:

And you Sony guys are wound up elitists that think every generation will yield you the best hardware on the market including the PC. Arrogant and very unknowledgable about how these gaming companies even develop games and have no idea about how hardware plays into the development of a game. I at least have that going for me.

tryDEATH

Klee and Osiris has seen next gen first hand.

I 100% guarantee you they haven't seen the final form of either console and even less so know the specifications of either console. It is nothing more than a game of Chinese whispers all they are doing is guestimating and keeping people on the edge with info they supposedly have but aren't able to reveal due to one thing or the other untill more info comes out and they allege they had that info but couldn't reveal it.

It is also in the best interest of forums to protect these "insiders" as it gives them an edge on their competitors.

Last edited:

Mrdeveus

Not sure if you know or not but Osirisblack said the games for Xbox this next gen are killer any info on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom