• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSX

When even two of the biggest Xbox cheerleaders agree that the Xbox Series X/S launch is bad, you know you dun fucked up.

The passed 6-7 years where they have been MS? instead of getting busy buying Studios they should have laser focused on games, it's coming from someone who love games I am not against Xbox just frustrated. Sony already planning on Ghost Of Tsushima 2. they can't do this to their fan it's horrible.

Rudius

I just added the words "It's all toxic fanboys?", but from what I can tell via google searches, it seems to be a meme that someone just made up, and not a reference to a movie (which is what I thought).
I expected that meme to be from Ad Astra. After watching it, nope :lollipop_pensive:

Last edited:
Original music? Not a fan of the orchestral Japanese soundtracks, reminds me of cheesy RPG’s. Licensed quality music like in Death Stranding. Now that was a perfect selection.
Well, if Ludvig is composing the soundtrack I think we can expect a lot of synths. There were some orchestal pieces on DS but a most of the original music was made with synths so I think this project will be like that.
Orchestal stuff:

Most of the other original tracks:

I think people are questioning the "up to" part.

I mean it could just being on the safe side in case there are any small dips. Or maybe the framerate fluctuates a ton which is they are saying this.

I guess we have to wait and see what happens.
Or that the game has a locked 30 and locked 60. Having an option with less frames warrant the use of "up to". I wouldn't dwell on that, really... Nothing a patch can't solve and SP seems very committed to GoT post launch.

Shmunter

Well, if Ludvig is composing the soundtrack I think we can expect a lot of synths. There were some orchestal pieces on DS but a most of the original music was made with synths so I think this project will be like that.
Orchestal stuff:

Most of the other original tracks:

Ahh, that’s more confidence inspiring then. 👍🏻

He's not wrong. This launch lineup is awful across the board. Keep deluding yourself if you wish.

I don't think the PS5s launch and launch window look that bad to me. I'm definitely interested in Miles Morales, Demon Souls and Ratchet and Clank. That certainly looks better to me than the PS4s launch which was just basically Second Son, Knack and Shadow Fall.

Last edited:
OPM December/2020.

Yakuza 7 4k 60fps on PS5. No Ray Tracing.

This game on SeriesX has 3 modes: 4k 30fps, 1440p target 60fps and 1080p 60fps. No Ray Tracing too.
fN2ZVfn.jpg

Last edited:

Wooxsvan

Ok, that’s better. I was replying to a different tweet that did not state that. Up-to however is still not the most comforting, but I guess it’s still a PS4 game.
ya I have some concerns about the BC clock. Im wondering if its only going to hit 2gz and not the full 2.23 (compatibility concerns?) This would still be enough to get most uncapped games to 60 in most cases but could have some dips. If its similar to the way XSX works then its also using GCN. So it would be a 9.2tf GCN spec for BC titles in Game Boost. Only reason I would speculate this is based on the BC tests done in 2019. I hope they were able to get the full clock but no way to know for now.
Oberon A0.
Gen2 : GFXCLK = 2.000GHz.
Gen1 : GFXCLK = 0.911Ghz.
Gen0 : GFXCLK = 0.800Ghz.

I don't think the PS5s launch and launch window look that bad to me. I'm definitely interested in Miles Morales, Demon Souls and Ratchet and Clank. That certainly looks better to me than the PS4s launch which was just basically Second Son, Knack and Shadow Fall.
Yup, PS5 has Sackboy, Spider-Man, Demons Souls and Destruction All Stars (does Astro Bot counts?) all that for launch day. And if we are talking about the first year there is still a lot. Ratchet and Clank, Gran Turismo, Returnal, Horizon and freaking God of War! to me that's really exciting (if there aren't any delays).
And if we talk about Xbox well, we just have Halo Infinite for some time during the first year of the console and we don't even know if they will be able to release it on 2021.

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
There is a unique taste that goes with well done. I eat so much meat, the best way isn't even steak though. Something we call "Madhbi" which is cooking meat on stones. No fancy-ass forks and knives, directly to the business like a real caveman.

Reminds me of the Arabic Mandi dishes which are quiet popular in my city and community, one really large plate of rice with lots of cooked and grilled meats and everyone eats from that one plate. Quite a unique experience.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
ya I have some concerns about the BC clock. Im wondering if its only going to hit 2gz and not the full 2.23 (compatibility concerns?) This would still be enough to get most uncapped games to 60 in most cases but could have some dips. If its similar to the way XSX works then its also using GCN. So it would be a 9.2tf GCN spec for BC titles in Game Boost. Only reason I would speculate this is based on the BC tests done in 2019. I hope they were able to get the full clock but no way to know for now.

Back off that 9.2TF BS and all that theatre play you're doing. There is no such thing as GCN mode in RDNA2, that's some crap an incompetent clown said.

Last edited:
OPM December/2020.

Yakuza 7 4k 60fps on PS5. No Ray Tracing.

This game on SeriesX has 3 modes: 4k 30fps, 1440p target 60fps and 1080p 60fps. No Ray Tracing too.
fN2ZVfn.jpg

Assuming its all true why would there be a 30FPS difference between the two platforms?

I can understand the GDK might be causing some issues but a 30FPS drop on the XSX?

Something doesn't seem right to me.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
OPM UK December/2020.
GL00TA3.jpg

It's more of like "licensed" than official magazine. But if that turns true, which should obviously be like nothing because the game looks like shit, then it's a nasty opening for XSX, especially if they didn't offer 1080p mode at all.

Assuming its all true why would there be a 30FPS difference between the two platforms?

I can understand the GDK might be causing some issues but a 30FPS drop on the XSX?

Something doesn't seem right to me.

Didn't you even see Scorn latest video stuttering and dropping frames? Something to do with the API or HW configuration.

Last edited:
Man see the leaks of the of RDNA 2 because I don't know the others but I tired to read the poor argument as is the leak of a iteration over and over again.
giphy.gif

Wooxsvan

Back off that 9.2TF BS and all that theatre play you're doing. There is no such thing as GCN mode in RDNA2, that's some crap an incompetent clown said.
XSX in BC mode is confirmed (by Microsoft to DF) to use no architectural improvements (RDNA 2) in their mode. Not saying PS5 is doing the same but it could be.

oxsvaLL.png

Bo_Hazem

Banned
You’re a savage in the best possible ways.

If you ever come here I'll force you to eat too much meat/seafood until you return back home as a rabid Vegan that sends death threats to youtubers posting about how to cook a steak. :lollipop_smirking:

XSX in BC mode is confirmed (by Microsoft to DF) to use no architectural improvements (RDNA 2) in their mode. Not saying PS5 is doing the same but it could be.

oxsvaLL.png

PS5 will run them natively at PS4/PS4 Pro clocks, or PS5 boost mode at 2.23GHz. All using RDNA2, some stuff won't be utilized indeed like intersection engines and so, same goes to XSX.

Last edited:
Is more like you use the same kind of instructions as the software use in the current gen but
from that to say 1:1 GCN teraflops is incorrect, should a lot more complicated than that.

12RDNA2 TF should be greater than 12 GCN TFs. No idea what they are doing to come up with those numbers.

I can understand BC games not having VRS but it should be able to take advantage of the Performance/Wattage advantage that RDNA2 provides. Unless I'm understanding something wrong that is.

There is a unique taste that goes with well done. I eat so much meat, the best way isn't even steak though. Something we call "Madhbi" which is cooking meat on stones. No fancy-ass forks and knives, directly to the business like a real caveman.

So you were getting high on the mineral deposits from those stones cause the last few weeks you were firmly in camp Xbox. The likes you got on your PlayStation dissing posts from filth like Catlady still haunt me to this day.

I'm assuming you're reverted back to 21st century cooking methods because you're firmly back in the Playstation camp as far as I see.
GOOD !!

You are forgiven.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
So you were getting high on the mineral deposits from those stones cause the last few weeks you were firmly in camp Xbox. The likes you got on your PlayStation dissing posts from filth like Catlady still haunt me to this day.

I'm assuming you're reverted back to 21st century cooking methods because you're firmly back in the Playstation camp as far as I see.
GOOD !!

You are forgiven.

I was so close to be a mole in the XboxEra Discord illuminati group.:lollipop_confounded:

How long will this change take? Currently I am only able to send death threats to youtubers about how to order take out.

It's either you flip into a Vegan or settle down and live here. So results vary. :lollipop_anguish:

Last edited:

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
It's either you flip into a Vegan or settle down and live here. So results vary. :lollipop_anguish:

Hmmm.. I’d probably accidentally insult someone and have something chopped off of my body. I don’t know if I’m ready for that. I think for now it may be best if I live vicariously through you. Besides, I’ve seen your posts... I can’t afford to live like a king sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom