• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-gen Racing Graphics Face-off | (Next-gen means current-gen)

So outsourcing has nothing to do with it, but outsourcing has everything to do with it lol
Why do you think models are outsourced: for quick and cheap CAD models.

You could outsource and have a perfect 1:1 copy of the car if you are willing to pay for it. The fact that it's outsourced has nothing to do with the final quality, the budget itself has.

Outsource usually do allow you to have the same asset for less, yes. You would spent a fuckton of money to have a biannual franchise like forza with the same amount of content at the same quality were it developed all internally.

Edit:

Your second paragraph also makes little sense. The industry standard to around 6 months to model one car per person. Forza has many cars as they've been modelling ever since 2011, and outsourcing their modelling to have total employee count of 400.
That would be correct if the models were the same in F7 as they were in Forza 5. I have no idea if that's really the case, but I would be shocked if they are using the exact same model without any refinement.

If they are touching the models in every new release then what I said is perfectly valid.

onQ123

One might say Space_nut...outsourced his post.

thats-good.gif

c0de

lol I'm on my phone I can't quote easily

But that's something I noticed but I see you all are diverging from find ;)

To be honest, the extra paragraph in your original post made me think that you didn't put quotes into it for whatever reason but then again not doing so is definitely your fault and thus you get the expected reactions.
I would still edit the post if I was you.
Btw, you don't have to quote "correctly", just put quotes around the statement and say where it comes from.

cyen

You could made at least a reference.

Anyway, after all the droling with the Replay GIFs before the demo there is almost no game play pictures, that says it all.

Game has Nice visuals but nothing mindblowing outside scapes and Garage high poly models.

onQ123

Dude you almost copied the post word for word

Karamazov on Beyond3D said:

I think I notice there is only one cubemap for all cars in gts, player's car, all AI cars show the same cubemap as the player's car, when you go under signs or a tunnel, cars outside show the same reflections :/

I want to see the dynamic reflections Xbox One X is adding to FM7

Space_nut

You was in a rush but you had time enough to add "I think I notice" to someone else's words to make it look like your own's?

Yup it took seconds instead of figuring out how to link and quote box. Where are the buttons to do so on phone

On pc it's easy I just click on buttons but phone there's nothing m

Either way those YouTube vids show some serious 2d stuff

I can see shadows are prebaked as tree are sprites and when tree turns shadow remains same it seems

Looks like the same 2D Trees/Leaves/(and some grass) tricks from DC. Bit more 2D though. Those reflections are really rough.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Just a very, very vague kinda looks like the environment low-res reflection. At 1080p quality it's very bad.

PD has certainly emphasized certain areas over others, that's for sure. Some of the window reflections aren't great, especially if you're looking toward your rear.

cyen

PD has certainly emphasized certain areas over others, that's for sure. Some of the window reflections aren't great, especially if you're looking toward your rear.

Some nasty stuff but expected since the OG PS4 is almost 4 years old. Compromises must be made, however the reflections could be a little better.

theWB27

Yeah I agree with this. The car just doesn't feel like it's moving as fast as the gauges say.

I don't understand why they lack so much in that department. I honestly couldn't tell if I was going 50 or 140... Terrible got gauging corners. I'm sure I could get used to it, but I'd rather not.

Looks like the same 2D Trees/Leaves/(and some grass) tricks from DC. Bit more 2D though. Those reflections are really rough.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Just a very, very vague kinda looks like the environment low-res reflection. At 1080p quality it's very bad.

People called me ridiculous when I commented on the trees in GTSport. It's not the end of the world or anything, but it really stands out. Same with the awful Maple Valley trees from Forza 7. Thankfully both games have the odd tree here or there that's pretty well done lol

LostDonkey

The reflections were one of the first things that stood out to me in GT. They are very low res, low update and blocky. Hope they are/have improved for final release.

Instantly noticeable during hood cam. They are very well done in other racing games so I would expect GT to be at least on par. I was shocked honestly.

Yup it took seconds instead of figuring out how to link and quote box. Where are the buttons to do so on phone

On pc it's easy I just click on buttons but phone there's nothing m

Either way those YouTube vids show some serious 2d stuff

I can see shadows are prebaked as tree are sprites and when tree turns shadow remains same it seems

Not sure, but it’s not like there aren’t quote symbols on phone keyboards. Can always use those next time rather than attempt to pass off someone else’s statement as your own.

People called me ridiculous when I commented on the trees in GTSport. It's not the end of the world or anything, but it really stands out. Same with the awful Maple Valley trees from Forza 7. Thankfully both games have the odd tree here or there that's pretty well done lol

Definitely does. Very noticeable.

Where are the ppl that were saying in-game graphics do/will look the same as they did in photo mode and replays? That wasn't the case at all after playing the demo.

Top Bottom