• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-gen Racing Graphics Face-off | (Next-gen means current-gen)

c0de

Sorry about the terrible crop, I meant, they are both very similar low poly models:

BWnM1Z6.png

Edit: I forgot to expand the images when cropping XD

But the tires in GTS are definitely better shaded though, perhaps that's why it's harder to spot the edges.

Perfectly round.

I want to see more pcars2 versus gts

I don't think the others are as close. When I see those max details pcars2 shots I think that is competitive with gts

The rain in pcars2 doesn't look super amazing but not even sure if gts has rain yet

Tripolygon

Banned
Sorry about the terrible crop, I meant, they are both very similar low poly models:

BWnM1Z6.pg

But the tires in GTS are definitely better shaded though, perhaps that's why it's harder to spot the edges.
Your crop is fine. A good shader can hide a lot of things including edges which is less noticable than the PCars screenshot. Even the barrier in front of the tires shows that as well.

Gestault

The endurance race in the GTS demo had 30.

Are you sure it wasn't the 30 laps and 24 cars? I did it twice, and that was what I remembered. Having X/30 for laps on screen could have been confusing.

You know what, I think you're right. Anyone still have a screen-cap?

VMAN01

Although Forza 7 (XBX, PC) and PCars2 output higher resolutions and textures etc, I feel that GTS still looks the most natural due to its HDR implementation. The lighting is just beautiful in GTS.

Septic360

Banned
The endurance race in the GTS demo had 30.

GTS features more.

Surely this is a massive point in favour of GTS then? The fact that its drawing more shiz no? I'm confused about this obsession for tirewalls and the 3d-ness of far away buildings when we are ignoring some rather crucial factors here lmao

rashbeep

Banned
I want to see more pcars2 versus gts

I don't think the others are as close. When I see those max details pcars2 shots I think that is competitive with gts

The rain in pcars2 doesn't look super amazing but not even sure if gts has rain yet

No it's gt:s and forza when talking 60fps racers. Pcars2 takes nice screens, but is more inconsistent than the rest in race.

KageMaru

No it's gt:s and forza when talking 60fps racers. Pcars2 takes nice screens, but is more inconsistent than the rest in race.

I think PC2 is definitely competitive on the PC and possibly the Pro, but the framerate and resolution is sacrificed too much on the base consoles for them to be considered.

Facundo_Lopez

Neo Member
For what it’s worth, I think that forza 7 accomplishes outstanding results considering the limitations of the Xbox One.
But GTS, because of the PBR and HDR implementation, it’s on another level.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Did you check the Stillmatic's comparison, can you identify the alised zone in gameplay shot compared to the cleaner zone in replay shot, please ?

I can see aliasing there, but in some of your shots not much. Here for example DoF and/or MB is/are hiding/messing with the sharpness of almost everything but the car in the center:

Yes I learned my lesson & I never seen that the police station appear to be uneven with the ground

Dqz9t3N.jpg

I can take some shots with almost whatever FoV you want to be more or less happy when i got home. Just wait. ;)

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life

drotahorror

Can you adjust the camera at all in GTS? I usually play with the dash cam but it was awful in the demo. I didn't do much menu looking to change it though.

KRaZyAmmo

Can you adjust the camera at all in GTS? I usually play with the dash cam but it was awful in the demo. I didn't do much menu looking to change it though.
You can in fact adjust camera i GT:S. You can change the height and forward/backward placement of the driver in cockpit view. You also can adjust the sway and sensitivity of the camera in chase view.

It was in the advanced options when you pause the race.

Yes I learned my lesson & I never seen that the police station appear to be uneven with the ground

Dqz9t3N.jpg

You DO realise it's being viewed from a cambered, hilly road, right? Buildings don't lean with the road, so when the road goes down, it looks like the building is cutting into it.

dr guildo

I can see aliasing there, but in some of your shots not much. Here for example DoF and/or MB is/are hiding/messing with the sharpness of almost everything but the car in the center:

I can take some shots with almost whatever FoV you want to be more or less happy when i got home. Just wait. ;)

Why can't you take the stillmatic case to make your point ?
Are you cherry picking ?

onQ123

You DO realise it's being viewed from a cambered, hilly road, right? Buildings don't lean with the road, so when the road goes down, it looks like the building is cutting into it.

And you do understand that this is from a view looking up the hill that's on the road & that it look this way because it's on a different hill? Y'all still looking for a fight even though I showed what I was talking about pages ago.

pottuvoi

Banned

BWnM1Z6.png

Not really surprise as developers try to hit polygon size of ~10pixel as shading efficiency drops with too small polygons.

KageMaru

Awesome shots. I really should get PC2 when 8 get the funds. What specs are you running this on?

And you do understand that this is from a view looking up the hill that's on the road & that it look this way because it's on a different hill? Y'all still looking for a fight even though I showed what I was talking about pages ago.

We realized all this from the beginning. In fact I think I eluded to exactly this in my first response to you. This is why your original post is as stupid as it is. No one is looking for a fight, you have a handful of people telling you that you're original posts weren't making sense because they weren't making sense.

It really isn't hard to understand.

onQ123

Awesome shots. I really should get PC2 when 8 get the funds. What specs are you running this on?

We realized all this from the beginning. In fact I think I eluded to exactly this in my first response to you. This is why your original post is as stupid as it is. No one is looking for a fight, you have a handful of people telling you that you're original posts weren't making sense because they weren't making sense.

It really isn't hard to understand.

You're basically just running your mouth to be running your mouth. I seen the police station appear to be uneven with the ground around it & ask was it sinking into the ground & people jumped in saying that it was the FoV & so on & someone also posted a image from F1 that showed that it actually does go lower & I looked at the real life photos & it was confirmed that the police station is on a different hill from the road that the car was on. The rest was pointless post trying to argue with me as if I said something that I never said.

Fredrik

Forza Motorsport 7, PC
https://youtu.be/TkCWoGaLhK0?t=10s

Project Cars 2, PC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi0ZzFRs_F8

Both are really well done in the cockpit view, the immersion is fantastic, from what I've seen PC2 does more with subtle camera movements and interior/exterior vibrations but Forza is really great too. The GTS demo leave a lot to be desired but earlier videos showed no camera shake at all and the demo at least had the basics like movements when crashing and driving over bigger bumps etc, so we'll just have to see how the full version is, hopefully the extreme attention to detail shows itself here too.

pixelbox

You're basically just running your mouth to be running your mouth. I seen the police station appear to be uneven with the ground around it & ask was it sinking into the ground & people jumped in saying that it was the FoV & so on & someone also posted a image from F1 that showed that it actually does go lower & I looked at the real life photos & it was confirmed that the police station is on a different hill from the road that the car was on. The rest was pointless post trying to argue with me as if I said something that I never said.
Always getting into trouble

Top Bottom