• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NEXT LEVEL lames™] ResetEra sold to M.O.B.A. Network for USD$4.55 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

nush

Hilarious that they think nothing will change. Who is going to lead the charge to notify MOBA of all the crazy shit that goes on there in threads that advertisers would cringe at?
indiana-jones-raiders-of-the-lost-ark.gif

macho-man-randy-savage.gif

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I've been following your reactions to my posts on the daily so I could see how much progress you were making. Congratulations for making it to the finish line!

jb268vM.gif
Same. I can see you getting closer to my most recent posts.
But maybe the thread over there is winding down ? Let’s see. Who knows.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Im glad i dont have an account their anymore. I
Dont think i would be able to hold my tongue and not go off on those self important punk ass bitches, constantly high of the smell of their own farts. Fuck the lot of them. That place brings out the worst in me. I just get so angry. Its not even the politics, Its the smugness, the “brave” hot takes, the dog piling, the passive aggressive remarks around every topic towards users who have a different opinion or are genuinley somewhat uneducated on a subject. Fucking miserable vultures.

Raven117

Dont think i would be able to hold my tongue and not go off on those self important punk ass bitches, constantly high of the smell of their own farts. Fuck the lot of them. That place brings out the worst in me. I just get so angry. Its not even the politics, Its the smugness, the “brave” hot takes, the dog piling, the passive aggressive remarks around every topic towards users who have a different opinion or are genuinley somewhat uneducated on a subject. Fucking miserable vultures.
Same. There is something rage inducing about the way they view every issue

ManaByte

Hilarious that they think nothing will change. Who is going to lead the charge to notify MOBA of all the crazy shit that goes on there in threads that advertisers would cringe at?

I remember when profanity in thread titles was banned here, due to advertisers not liking that (and that's completely understandable).

You think advertisers are going to like threads where they're dancing on Colin Powell's grave?

Filben

I've been following your reactions to my posts on the daily so I could see how much progress you were making. Congratulations for making it to the finish line!

jb268vM.gif
That loop...

giphy.gif

I’ve been banned multiple times for “tone policing”….like WTF.
I was instantly banned (as a "warning") for ableist language when I said the silent protagonist in Monster Hunter looks and stands in cutscenes like a retard.

Last edited:

Honey Bunny

Seriously, if I were to appropriate their favourite word, 'toxic', I would definitely apply it to them. And the self righteous moralizing is more cringey than the immature gamer stuff you get on regular forums imo.

Massive congrats to Cerium for his payday running a woke business with free labour btw, it's inspiring.

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one doing that. Most of my notifications each morning were NeoIkaruGAF NeoIkaruGAF reacting to my posts. It’s nice they’ve reached the end, but I’ll miss their alerts each day.

Same. I can see you getting closer to my most recent posts.
But maybe the thread over there is winding down ? Let’s see. Who knows.
Haha, yeah, I think I left more likes in this thread alone than all of my likes combined in the previous... two years, I think?

You guys have notifications active for when someone likes your posts? I just get them when somebody quotes me directly, I couldn’t stand that much dopamine every day, lol.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
What in the fuck is an abliest?

In that example, it's assuming the user was talking shit about people who are unable to stand normally. Like maybe the guy in Monster Hunter was born with a defect in his left leg or some shit and can't stand normally, and this user pointing it out what discriminating against the physically impaired. Classic Era gambit of "Putting people on a lower social standing because of physical qualities they can't help is something that Nazis did! Reeeee!"

Haha, yeah, I think I left more likes in this thread alone than all of my likes combined in the previous... two years, I think?

You guys have notifications active for when someone likes your posts? I just get them when somebody quotes me directly, I couldn’t stand that much dopamine every day, lol.
If I weren't getting notifications for every like for my posts, how would I know when I could feel good about myself?

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler

I, too, was tracking your progress. I feel like you just conducted a behavioral experiment on forum users or some shit.

Aroll

This is resetera:

Woke crowd destroys man’s sign, he still has the stick from the sign, then they all start shouting that he has a weapon.

This may be the truest post I have ever seen. Dude is there voicing his alternative viewpoint peacefully. Not causing harm to anyone and simply saying he thinks people are overreacting to jokes. The response from those that are unwilling to accept anything other than Dave is a POS: "let's get angry and violent, destroy peaceful guys sign, and then after doing that, scream he has a weapon with the stick you created for him, hoping to see him get shot. Then when peaceful guy goes hey I'll drop this I don't care, girl his screaming repent.

Literally this is what Resetera is in a nutshell. "we're inclusive and open" - *voice an opinion peacefully with no ill intent that goes against popular thought on said forum*

"Yeah, you're bigoted misogynistic piece of filth stain racist asshole and are going to be banned for being a that"

Dissenting opinion? Maybe Scott the Woz isn't a bad guy and just made an innocent mistake.

Yeah, I got banned for that.

Just let it all sink in.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
This may be the truest post I have ever seen. Dude is there voicing his alternative viewpoint peacefully. Not causing harm to anyone and simply saying he thinks people are overreacting to jokes. The response from those that are unwilling to accept anything other than Dave is a POS: "let's get angry and violent, destroy peaceful guys sign, and then after doing that, scream he has a weapon with the stick you created for him, hoping to see him get shot. Then when peaceful guy goes hey I'll drop this I don't care, girl his screaming repent.

Literally this is what Resetera is in a nutshell. "we're inclusive and open" - *voice an opinion peacefully with no ill intent that goes against popular thought on said forum*

"Yeah, you're bigoted misogynistic piece of filth stain racist asshole and are going to be banned for being a that"

Dissenting opinion? Maybe Scott the Woz isn't a bad guy and just bade an innocents mistake.

Just let it all sink in.

It's totally a minute and a half demonstration of their entire process, distilled into a bite size educational clip.

From what I've seen, the answer to "What does Era think about Asians?" Is usually

A. what's an Asian? Do you mean Chinese/Japanese white people? WHERE MY BLACKS REEEE

B. Fuck Asians. Sakurai is an Asian. WHERE MY BLACKS REEEE

C. Asians are fucking great. China is a microcosm of everything I love about fascism. WHERE MY COMMUNISTS/BLACKS REEE

true....at one point I bumped into a thread there where they're mad why light skin products are so popular in Asia, why Asians are so obsessed with lighter look...and they blamed it on white people.....dumb shit heads don't know that Asians have been obsessed with lighter skin far longer before Hollywood reached their shores

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Best and most reasoned explanation of what this Reshitera insanity is really about:

"Always and everywhere tilting at power differentials with arguments a 5 year old would make. And if you don't agree you don't have the right to an opinion"

It's 8 mins long but worth listening to.

Regarding that clip, the "people who think like that" McWhorter cites aren't doing so by accident, or social evolution.

It's Wokism. This way of thinking is a core tenet of CRT and other intersectional dogma. Its what they call "doing the work".

ManaByte

true....at one point I bumped into a thread there where they're mad why light skin products are so popular in Asia, why Asians are so obsessed with lighter look...and they blamed it on white people.....dumb shit heads don't know that Asians have been obsessed with lighter skin far longer before Hollywood reached their shores
MOBA should sell birth control ads on that place.

Dissenting opinion? Maybe Scott the Woz isn't a bad guy and just made an innocent mistake.

Just let it all sink in.
Posting on Era is like navigating the post-war jungles of Vietnam. The slightest step off the marked path gets you fragged unless you're really careful and know what you're doing - and often even then.

Filben

What in the fuck is an abliest?
Didn't know that one before some dude on Twitter was complaining about an villain description in Assassin's Creed Valhalla that describes a person with burn scars as "disfigured". Apparently his girlfriend had burn scars and gave the game a weird look on that note, so this dude felt the urge to complain about that particular description on Twitter. Guess how Ubisoft responded. in short: this discription is no longer in-game.

Twitter and social media was a mistake.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Didn't know that one before some dude on Twitter was complaining about an villain description in Assassin's Creed Valhalla that describes a person with burn scars as "disfigured". Apparently his girlfriend had burn scars and gave the game a weird look on that note, so this dude felt the urge to complain about that particular description on Twitter. Guess how Ubisoft responded. in short: this discription is longer in-game.

Twitter and social media was a mistake.

Man if someone were to make a carbon copy of Twitter that banned that sort of bullshit it'd be a utopia...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom