• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NEXT LEVEL lames™] ResetEra sold to M.O.B.A. Network for USD$4.55 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

nush

bdiX8Hw.png

Please get Fuck Boy.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
B-Dubs: "Never think again. OK for the rest of you zero paid lackeys, go join in the thread and do something to change the tune of the thread. Any ideas?"

Hecht: "Got a good one. I'll give out tags"

B-Dubs: "Jesus Fucking Christ. No wonder we pay you zero"
Looks like Hecht's tea bagging tag party was the best idea they had all day.

5WPTScx.jpg

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Do you have the background on this, or can you point me to a link?
This is what I could find. It was talked about here several years ago. The problematic student that started the harassment was Cerium, you can see his name on the parent advocates website.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
As mentioned in the replies on Era (I think the ones mentioning it were posted here?), I largely don't post there because even the slightest misstep is grounds for a ban. I played it safe. I went to read news that I may have missed on Reddit from subreddits like r/GamingLeaksandRumours or other sections dedicated to specific games or franchises. I also don't really post on Reddit either but it's mainly because I don't care to.

I wasn't trying to be critical. More of my own personal experience with Era. I only posted on the gaming section and most of the craziness was easy to avoid early on but once all the drama seeped over to that side, I just left. Real life is harsh enough, I don't need my escapism in gaming to be a drag. I hope you post here more.

SZips

I wasn't trying to be critical. More of my own personal experience with Era. I only posted on the gaming section and most of the craziness was easy to avoid early on but once all the drama seeped over to that side, I just left. Real life is harsh enough, I don't need my escapism in gaming to be a drag. I hope you post here more.
Totally understand where you're coming from. I also mainly frequented the gaming side of things. I think I had about 3x the number of posts in gaming compared to etc. Etc is just its own ball of issues, many of which overlap with the ones I have with gaming. You nailed it though by saying drama seemed to seep over from one section to the other.

Amen to real life being harsh enough, lol. Medications. Aches. Pains. Relationships. Jobs. Social media in general. It's always something. It's nice to have a couple of hours most nights to just play some games with friends and forget about all the other BS for a little while.

is that the actual Sushi X from EGM?
I thought SushiX was just a different person each time and not actually just one person?

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
It's nice to have a couple of hours most nights to just play some games with friends and forget about all the other BS for a little while.

It's sad that such an obvious thing needs to be pointed out. There was an Era poster who would copy/paste someone's rape trauma in every THQ Nordic thread for reasons. I'll turn on the news if I want to be depressed.

Saber

Gold Member
oh look even tay got a tag
8rmLfpm.jpg

He is a rat who would stay inside a their rathole, waiting for an opportunity to mix in the crowd and strike.

People mobbing mods? " Yeah, you guys deserve every hate!"
Speaking ill of Gaf? "Yeah, they're all scum"
Person X who people social justice accuse of something suddenly dies? "Yeah, this guy deserves"

His tag should be stinking cheese bastard.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Man they really hate white people over there.

The twist is that they hate everyone, from all races, that aren’t like them and don’t subscribe to their hypocrisy.

They aren’t honest with themselves, so how can they be honest with the community? Morrigan was allowed to call other members ‘cunts’ and ‘manbabies’ because from her own mouth she stated she is a ‘woman’. Using that same logic(?), she feels justified to call white folks ‘crackers’ because she’s white … it’s just illogical and hypocrisy. Racism should be condemned regardless of whether it’s directed at Caucasian, Asian, Black etc, etc. We’re all suppose to be equal after all.

Then we see an admin asking for donations because her Lord and Saviour doesn’t respect or value her enough, to pay her … and no one sees an issue with that. They gleefully dance around, as the site burns down around them, and high-fiving each other for her ‘sass’.

They militantly and constantly cite white privilege as a pretence to ban all and sundry, but folks from all races often find themselves swept up in their egregious arbitrary rulings.

Have a look at all the sub-communities that have taken flight.

The mods and admins are grossly unprofessional and are actively antagonistic towards any member of the community not on their side; their MO is to steer discussions so that they’re aligned to their unrealistic and warped world view. They’ve are the very things they’ve espoused to detest, and they wonder and moan at why there’s unrest, and why parts of community revile them.They’ve lost their minds.

The sad thing is how some members over in Era, unconditionally support them despite all that has come to light. It shouldn’t take monochromatic freeloaders like us to see Era for the hypocritical joke that it is, but these guys will go down with the ship despite the mods having utter contempt for them. At least they’re getting some tags I guess.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The twist is that they hate everyone, from all races, that aren’t like them and don’t subscribe to their hypocrisy.

They aren’t honest with themselves, so how can they be honest with the community? Morrigan was allowed to call other members ‘cunts’ and ‘manbabies’ because from her own mouth she stated she is a ‘woman’. Using that same logic(?), she feels justified to call white folks ‘crackers’ because she’s white … it’s just illogical and hypocrisy. Racism should be condemned regardless of whether it’s directed at Caucasian, Asian, Black etc, etc. We’re all suppose to be equal after all.

Then we see an admin asking for donations because her Lord and Saviour doesn’t respect or value her enough, to pay her … and no one sees an issue with that. They gleefully dance around, as the site burns down around them, and high-fiving each other for her ‘sass’.

They militantly and constantly cite white privilege as a pretence to ban all and sundry, but folks from all races often find themselves swept up in their egregious arbitrary rulings.

The mods and admins are grossly unprofessional and are actively antagonistic towards any member of the community not on their side; their MO is to steer discussions so that they’re aligned to their unrealistic and warped world view. They’ve are the very things they’ve espoused to detest, and they wonder and moan at why there’s unrest, and why parts of community revile them.They’ve lost their minds.

The sad thing is how some members over in Era, unconditionally support them despite all that has come to light. It shouldn’t take monochromatic freeloaders like us to see Era for the hypocritical joke that it is, but these guys will go down with the ship despite the mods having utter contempt for them.
The mods were immediately two faced from the beginning.

One hand: Anti-corporate, people should be paid, business owners dont be cheap
Other hand: I work for free and love it for sake of community

To be fair, if someone likes their job and the business is $40 away from going belly up, then ok, you be a mod on the side for fun and know nobody is making money off it. Purely a leisurely thing to do to chat games with people and moderate users.

Reality: Ownership was hoarded by one guy, and is revealed to be annually profitable and sold for $4.5M!

You'd think these guys would all be complaining now as a united front they just got had by a two faced profiteering CEO (the type of people they all hate). Yet, they all seem to be a-ok Cerium ran away with the loot. Talk about brainwashed. And it's not like Cerium was even an outspoken guy influencing everyone like a preacher on the 700 Club. It looks like Cerium sat back for 4 years, no mods had balls to call him out on anything and the 50 mods over the years brainwashed themselves.

Even funnier, they are now all owned by a publicly traded company involved with GAAS/MOBA games and their new leader has experience with gambling sites. These guys are working for a total money grabbing corporation. Again, seems to be no problem.

Here's a pic of Cerium every day sitting back looking at website revenue trackers.

marketing_agency_charlotte-2.jpg

Last edited:

nush

The sad thing is how some members over in Era, unconditionally support them despite all that has come to light. It shouldn’t take monochromatic freeloaders like us to see Era for the hypocritical joke that it is, but these guys will go down with the ship despite the mods having utter contempt for them. At least they’re getting some tags I guess.

I believe one of the rules of journalism is "Not to make yourself part of the story" and I think at some level forum moderators should "Not become part of the discussion" that's where on Resetera things have gone very, very wrong.

For an example mods here just pop up occasionally with relevant points or clarification and then they are out of the discussion only there to keep things civil while the users have their discussions. For the policy changes this forum took at the start of this year, of course there were a few people unhappy about it, some upset. Did anyone else notice how Evilore took all that on the chin himself and not hide behind his team? Mods were not there because the boss was taking care of business for the changes he decided were for the best of the forum.

Compare that to the absolute shit storm going on at Resetera today, no Cerium, B-Dubs barely there and unhinged mods getting emotional.

I'll add also to the unprofessional point as well, it's clear they have never had a customer facing role or even been good at it. Anybody that's worked retail or at a call center can see how badly they are dealing with their customers. I mean sure if we have held those roles we have the fantasy of telling Karen to fuck the fuck off, but we'd soon be in the managers office and unemployed pretty quickly. Mods know they won't be fired or reprimanded in any way so they act like power tripping racist little babies.

Burn baby burn, somehow they'll think it's all the users fault when they have no forum left.

Papacheeks

Banned
Man Nepenth is the whitest black cunt I have heard off. Fucking furry suburbanite that is a mod to a far left forum.

Man you see this reply?

Seik literally got fucked, they didn’t answer him, he got pissed rightfully. They didn’t give a satisfying answer and try to change the subject with tag bs.
After he was threatening to delete his OP’s he put work into they start literally talking shit that he was never part of the community?

Then Nepenthe says this shit:
YxHl4zi.png

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Given the entire site is on edge trying to save content as people leave, if you really want to leave while deleting your content, you should first delete whatever you want. And then later.... maybe a couple months, request an account deletion. There's no way they are going to verify closures and content that far apart.

Looks like Nep and gang are trying to purposely keep content if you leave not liking them.

As a continuation of the other guy who wanted to delete stuff on the way out, here's "I pay 20% interest car loans" Neppy talking to another user.

Give Nep credit. He's so vested into Reee modding, the guy is a one-man mod team the past 48 hours. He's probably posted more than all other mods/admins and Bdubs combined. That's great loyalty despite making $0. What a trooper.

EenVPAo.jpg

XIoBPXu.jpg

Last edited:

ManaByte

Given the entire site is on edge trying to save content as people leave, if you really want to leave while deleting your content, you should first delete whatever you want. And then later.... maybe a couple months, request an account deletion. There's no way they are going to verify closures and content that far apart.

Looks like Nep and gang are trying to purposely keep content if you leave not liking them.

As a continuation of the other guy who wanted to delete stuff on the way out, here's "I pay 20% interest car loans" Neppy talking to another user.

Give Nep credit. He's so vested into Reee modding, the guy is a one-man mod team the past 48 hours. He's probably posted more than all other mods/admins and Bdubs combined. That's great loyalty despite making $0. What a trooper.

EenVPAo.jpg

XIoBPXu.jpg
Angry David Ortiz GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom