• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Playstation Event?

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Movie Hello GIF by 1091

PlayStation Q1 exclusives:

- TLoU 2 Remaster
- Helldivers
- FoamStars
- Pacific Drive
- Granblue Fantasy ReLink
- FFVII Rebirth
- Rise of the Ronin

As frustrating as it is for us PlayStation fans to have this never-ending silence the truth is they keep delivering the goods, PS5 selling like hotcakes, 3rd party releases selling best on PS5 so they really don't *need* to beat their chests, we all know who King Kong is.

As for what I hope/expect from next event (not all necessarily announced at once):

- Stellar Blade release date
- Death Stranding 2 news
- Little Devil Inside news
- surprise reboot of a classic franchise
- Bluepoint next remake
- new IP surprise

I expect an event towards the end of March but who knows.

Edit: forgot to mention FairGames and Concorde though I personally don't have any interest in multiplayer, GaaS garbage.

Last edited:

Cornbread78

Not excited for more 3rd party games and/or more remasters (unless they are Killzone/Resistence/White Knight Chronicles)

There is nothing in the pipeline this year after Steller Blade, Helldivers....

COVID must still be delaying all these games and creative new IPs or how to revive dead IPs. COVID can't keep getting away with this.....gif.

Quantum253

With FF7 Rebirth a month away, I doubt they would have a launch SoP ( and having the September SoP showing more).
I don't think there are any huge blockbusters Sony is dropping that would warrant a standalone SoP ( GoW, Spidy 2, etc). However, I do think rumors will start swirling in Feb about a March event introducing the Ps5 Pro and having the multiple mentioned upcoming titles, with maybe a reveal trailer for something that helps sell the Pro

Last edited:

Jesb

2025 looks like the coming out party for PS5. There’s some things to get excited about this year but next year we will be likely getting Wolverine, GTA6, RE9 all those games I probably want more than anything else this year. Not sure about what’s next for the next event, some news on stuff that hasn’t been announced yet would be good. Bluepoints next game/next remake would be nice.

ProtoByte

Ryan's influence definitely had a lot to do with the quietness. They should blowout with announcements this year as they won't have much of anything significant for 1st party this year.

Naughty Dog new IP (do not want to see more TLOU anytime soon)
Santa Monica new IP
Astrobot from Asobi
Bend new IP
Bluepoint next project
Ghost of Tsushima 2
Concord actual reveal

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I'm hoping soon, but they clearly don't need them anymore. They could be a solely third party box and decimate the competition.

They are in the very culture of the higher end console gaming and the choice for any console that isn't a Nintendo switch.

They have some exciting things on the horizon so I imagine they'll do a smaller showcase thing to talk about those. Hopefully that has at least one or two surprises.

Q1 2024 is very packed and they also have Death Stranding 2, Stellar Blade, Silent Hill 2 Remake, Concord and a few more games that could release in 2024.

The Shepard

I imagine they'll be a big blowout once the switch 2 is revealed and/or if the series x sales pick up, or if there own sales decline, atm there's no point.

- TLoU 2 Remaster
- Helldivers
- FoamStars
- Pacific Drive
- FFVII Rebirth
- Rise of the Ronin

As frustrating as it is for us PlayStation fans to have this never-ending silence the truth is they keep delivering the goods, PS5 selling like hotcakes, 3rd party releases selling best on PS5 so they really don't *need* to beat their chests, we all know who King Kong is.

As for what I hope/expect from next event (not all necessarily announced at once):

- Death Stranding 2 news
- Bluepoint next remake
- new IP surprise

Edit: forgot to mention FairGames and Concorde though I personally don't have any interest in multiplayer, GaaS garbage.

Truth. I rather receive the games than seeing and hearing the same crappy trailers about them for 5 years straight (looking at you ms), and then release a subpar game.

I wish they have a little more steady stream of games though. Since Covid no one knows how to create and release anything anymore, when compared to the before times.

Go_Ly_Dow

I think we'll get a State of Play by mid Feb. FF7 Rebirth is due some co-marketing and Stellar Blade doesn't have a release date yet. Neither Silent Hill 2 or MGS3.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Imagine if Sony doesn't have a First party none remake game for 2024?

I can't see it happening, they have to have something. But we have no idea of what......

Borowski_1

Not a single-player first party game announced for 2024

Must be a first

Have Naughty Dog, Bend, Sucker Punch, Blue Point and Abosi been asleep this whole time??

This is why i'll always miss E3

We knew when to expect things and that new games got announced

Now we have to cope with small mediocre events

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Who doesn’t like third party reveals?
This gen I care faaaar more about 3rd party games compare Sony‘s first party…..the days of me getting excited for First party exclusive is over.

in fact almost all the games I’m excited about this year all from 3rd party games.

Borowski_1

This gen I care faaaar more about 3rd party games compare Sony‘s first party…..the days of me getting excited for First party exclusive is over.

in fact almost all the games I’m excited about this year all from 3rd party games.
I still get excited about Insomniac, ND and Asobi

The rest....eh

Kokoloko85

- TLoU 2 Remaster
- Helldivers
- FoamStars
- Pacific Drive
- FFVII Rebirth
- Rise of the Ronin

- Death Stranding 2 news
- Bluepoint next remake
- new IP surprise

Its not like the PS3 and PS4 gen when it comes to news about there PS studio games.
There events have been lackluster. Bring back e3

Dazraell

I think they will have one very soon, but it will most probably be focused on Rebirth, Rise of the Ronin and Helldivers 2. Personally speaking, I don't expect any major announcements from Sony until these three games will be released

Luipadre

All of their recent SoPs where underwhelming af so at this point i dont really care. This gen is hella weak for playstation and i blame the shit GaaS push for it. Hopefully they can recover in the PS6 era, because shit will take years

Between announcing smoke 5-6 years of coming out like Xbox did in 2019-2020 and what Sony is doing now of total silence there is a middle ground, that this is already becoming an act of faith with PS, we know that many studios should be ready to present their games but nothing...silence and people get tired of waiting, they will know...

Ar¢tos

Whatever Bluepoint is doing, I just hope it's not another 3rd person slow walking action game. It would be a massive disappointment for their first original game in nearly 2 decades (since Blast Factor in 2006) to be another UC/TLOU/GoW clone.

And hopefully team Asobi is doing something for PSVR2, even if it is an edited remaster of Astro Bot Rescue Mission.

Last edited:

Elios83

I expect a deep dive for Rise of Ronin to increase hype and word of mouth on socials.
FF7 Rebirth should get a final launch trailer and maybe a demo.
Then we already know that things like Stellar Blade and Silent Hill 2 are around the corner.
So there will be promotional activities about all these titles (could dedicated deep dives, general SoPs, blog articles+trailers).

Then we should have a summer showcase focusing on second half 2024 and 2025 titles.
Finally on September I guess there will be a dedicated event for the PS5 Pro announcement with Mark Cerny.

Let's see if my guesses prove to be correct.

There will be no games. It's over.

Jokes, we will probably see something from Bluepoint, Kojima with Death Stranding 2, Stellar Blade, any news from Insomniac projects that leaked (Venom Game), and Sucker Punch next project.

Surely, surely a Ghost of Tsushima sequel is ready for a reveal?

It's been 3.5 years.
Uh they did the PS5 version and expansion in August 2021. It hasn't even been 3 years since then. Sucker Punch also isn't a big studio compared to some of Sony's others. Probably won't be seeing it until at least 2025.

Last edited:

Rockman33

Sony hasn’t really had a good showcase in over 2 years. For my taste the last good one was when they announced wolverine and that was way back in 2021.

Been wondering for a while if they have been quiet to have a massive blowout. Or they just really fucked up their pipeline by pushing gaas and now trying to course correct.

Objectively this gen for Sony has been far less sparse than PS4 with 1st parties. Hoping it picks up.

Top Bottom