• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Price Increase - All Your Apple Subs

GHG

Looking at the individual prices it seems like they are really trying to railroad everyone towards Apple one.

LordOfChaos

TV+ is not worth 10USD a month by itself, and I don't know anyone who just gets Arcade on its own. I guess this is meant to ram everyone towards an Apple One sub.

You can catch up on everything good on TV+ by getting it for like two months of the year. Half is still slog content, but it's been fine enough since I get TV+ free with a "student" music sub for now.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Cancel GIF by MOODMAN

Im out

Kamina

Golden Boy
Apple keeps on telling me that i am entitled to 3 months Apple TV+ with my new iPhone, and i keep ignoring it.

Rockondevil

Going from $43 to $50 for my Apple One Sub. Might just get rid of the TV, Arcade, News and Fitness as I don't use them enough, they were just a nice to have.
If I keep just iCloud and Music it'll be like $35-40 (depending if they raise iCloud).

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Gee, what is NOT going up in price?
I read something that said that businesses have been used to super cheap credit for years, but now credit costs and those costs will be passed along. How that works with Apple, I'm not sure, but I guess somewhere their bottom line is affected - whether it's what they're paying other businesses for services etc or something else. Either way, strap in, as you allude, more price rises are probably on the way.

On topic, I've been waiting to resume Apple TV, will catch up on everything once Severance is back. If they release it an episode at a time, I'll wait until they're all available.

Last edited:

simpatico

I read something that said that businesses have been used to super cheap credit for years, but now credit costs and those costs will be passed along. How that works with Apple, I'm not sure, but I guess somewhere their bottom line is affected - whether it's what they're paying other businesses for services etc or something else. Either way, strap in, as you allude, more price rises are probably on the way.

On topic, I've been waiting to resume Apple TV, will catch up on everything once Severance is back. If they release it an episode at a time, I'll wait until they're all available.
Many businesses still don't know what to do. They were shaped in the free money era. I don't even think we're close to seeing the worst of it. Could be a good thing, they weren't living in reality in the old system. Just need an adjustment period and a lot of dead wood has to burn off.

There was a rumor a while ago that many Apple TV+ shows have been filmed with Vision Pro in mind. I think they’ll also have compatible Arcade games.

Steep increases across the board for services I don’t think are currently that popular. Apple TV+ was a bargain for a short while at the 4.99 and even 6.99 level. All they need to do now is to introduce the inevitable ad supported tier to eliminate any illusion that they’re any different from the other dozen+ low quality streamers.

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Apple TV+ got a 40% price hike .... ouch! I'm currently paying about 6 euro per month (annual subscription). From May 2025 onward that's going to be 10 euro each month and that's too much for a streaming service I watch only once a week at most. There's just not enough interesting content for me. It makes more sense to subscribe a couple of months each year and watch everything interesting than to pay 100 euro for a whole year in advance and feel like your not getting your money's worth.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
There was a rumor a while ago that many Apple TV+ shows have been filmed with Vision Pro in mind
Surely not? TV shows are the definition of mass market product, a $3500 vr helmet that isn't able to be purchased freely seems less mass market.

I guess if the vision pro stuff was easy to do as an extra it'd not be the worst idea, but for it to be any good, surely it'd be both expensive and difficult?

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
My rule of thumb for subscription services is to sub up when there is content on there I want to watch, unsub once I've binged what I wanted to watch. I intended to re-sub for Monarch in like 3 weeks, so this 5 month free offer is clutch. Most services like Apple+ and Disney+ just don't consistently release enough content that warrants a sustained subscription. The only service I never unsub from is Netflix because it's a K-drama haven, but even they don't justify the price hike imo.

Surely not? TV shows are the definition of mass market product, a $3500 vr helmet that isn't able to be purchased freely seems less mass market.

I guess if the vision pro stuff was easy to do as an extra it'd not be the worst idea, but for it to be any good, surely it'd be both expensive and difficult?

Rumors started way back when they bought NextVR. I doubt it’s every show or even most shows, but pretty sure at minimum that Monsterverse was filmed using the new format.

Top Bottom