• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emitan

i really hope valve bans everyone who plays on ctf_2fort. Knowing that people are playing that map RIGHT NOW AT THIS VERY MOMENT ruins any fun I have on cp_gravelpit

Billychu said:
l
Would you say Halo 3 is much more weighted and tighter than Quake? Because I think you don't know what those words mean.
Halo 3 does have more weight than Quake. The controls aren't as good, especially due to the framerate mostly, but to say Quake has more weight than Halo isn't accurate to me. Its like saying Super Meat Boy has more weight than Super Mario Bros...or Half Life has more weight than Metroid Prime. Has nothing to due with the quality though, as its a personal preference.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Billychu said:
i really hope valve bans everyone who plays on ctf_2fort. Knowing that people are playing that map RIGHT NOW AT THIS VERY MOMENT ruins any fun I have on cp_gravelpit
Ok.

Codeblue

Orayn said:
If his little poem/creed is included, even as a taunt, I am maining Dunban forever and there is not a force in the world that will be able to stop me.

You know we'll get Shulk if anything though, which sucks.

likeGdid

SalsaShark said:
what the fuck am i reading
Whining about how other people play games. (Smash thread exclusive)

There should honestly be no reasonable excuse not to have every character they cut. Also no excuse for not having every stage there was

Fantastical

Death Prophet
The Dojo was more fun than Brawl.

That's not to say that Brawl was bad, but damn the Dojo was amazing. I hope it returns, although maybe that's why Brawl wasn't as fun. Because we saw everything about it...

Seik

Banned
Electivirus said:
Hey man, speak for yourself. Put in ~600 hours on Brawl so far, and I've enjoyed (almost) every minute of it.

Totally agree with you there!

Shit...! ¤_¤ 600 hours!? I thought I was hardcore with my 245 hours, but you take the cake! XD

Orayn said:
If his little poem/creed is included, even as a taunt, I am maining Dunban forever and there is not a force in the world that will be able to stop me.

:D

Emitan

Seik said:
Totally agree with you there!

Shit...! ¤_¤ 600 hours!? I thought I was hardcore with my 245 hours, but you take the cake! XD
You don't want to know how much time I've put into Melee.

Hylian7 said:
If there's a Square Enix character to be in, it should be Neku Sakuraba.
lol

It's going to be a DQ character.

Dug

Banned
Cosmo Clock 21 said:
As much as I loathe the hardcore Smash community, Brawl was far too random and slow for even normal people to enjoy.
My friends and I have had a hell of a lot of fun playing Brawl, don't know what you are talking about.

Anth0ny

Brawl has no hitstun. You can't have negative hitstun. And Sakurai said it won't be exactly like Brawl (or Melee).

My math tells me HITSTUN WILL RETURN IN SMASH 4

Dug said:
My friends and I have had a hell of a lot of fun playing Brawl, don't know what you are talking about.

My friends and I hated Brawl after a month. We played Melee for 7 years. And Smash 64 until Melee was released.

Orayn

Codeblue said:
You know we'll get Shulk if anything though, which sucks.
I'd still perma-main Shulk, especially if one of his specials made him yell "THIS IS THE MONADO'S POWER!"

Richie

Hopefully the next game has enough new content to blow our minds with the Dojo and STILL leave a lot of good stuff in secret by the time we have the finished product in our hands.

Woah that sentence needs a comma.

SnakeSlashRO said:
LMAO capcoms fighters haven't even given us proper DLC... more then 2 characters per game... I guess kinda 4 for super SF...

I know nintendo and capcom do things differently, but I highly doubt nintendo will ever do DLC for smash bros...
shit if its a launch game with Wii-U I bet there will be character dlc.. will keep the game alive and well throughout the consoles life span. it could be free dlc im not saying pay for the characters, but just able to download more..

Hylian7

Billychu said:
You don't want to know how much time I've put into Melee.

lol

It's going to be a DQ character.
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance and that TWEWY sequel Nomura was talking about says hi.

Emitan

Hylian7 said:
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance and that TWEWY sequel Nomura was talking about says hi.
B E L I E V E
Wi0TE.png

The Lamp

You really want to torture your heart so? It's not going to be out for another 4-5 years probably, we know nothing, and Sakurai will disappoint in at least one major way in every category fans care about (mechanics, character roster, online, 3DS->WiiU functionality, etc.).

PounchEnvy said:
The one thing they should have kept random was the Pokeballs. Making legendary Pokemon rarer to come out was bs.
Assist trophies really forced the designers to weaken Pokeballs to differentiate the two. With Assist trophies you'd get a moderately powerful effect most of the time, whereas with Pokeballs they'd either be borderline useless or completely overpowering.

Snakeyes

PounchEnvy said:
I don't think I can stay up and do that again. I'm trying to responsible in college?

Busy screwing your girl?

Last just long enough to take a break at 3 AM.

collegestudentmeme.jpg

likeGdid

SalsaShark said:
disc space?
Hmm I always thought the actual game assets took up very little space on disc. thinking of melee, but i'm not sure about brawl (I think it was dual-layered?)

Either way, no mewtwo or roy was some form of travesty

Emitan

likeGdid said:
Hmm I always thought the actual game assets took up very little space on disc. thinking of melee, but i'm not sure about brawl (I think it was dual-layered?)

Either way, no mewtwo or roy was some form of travesty
Brawl had a million FMVs for no reason. Cut those out and the game isn't nearly as large.

Anth0ny

Billychu said:
Brawl had a million FMVs for no reason. Cut those out and the game isn't nearly as large.

Yes. That brings me to my next point.

BRAWL SINGLE PLAYER SUCKED. I sincerely hope they don't waste their time trying to "top" that with Smash 4. We don't want FMVs and a long, boring single player, especially if it means we have to wait longer for the actual game.

Melee adventure mode ftw.

Poyunch

Anth0ny said:

BRAWL SINGLE PLAYER SUCKED. I sincerely hope they don't waste their time trying to "top" that with Smash 4. We don't want FMVs and a long, boring single player, especially if it means we have to wait longer for the actual game.

I dunno. The cutscenes were pretty awesome.

Azure J

Snakeyes said:
Back then they didn't want me, now I'm hot they all on me.

This is actually one of the few times where I chuckled at a Mike Jones the rapper reference mixup. :lol

For all those who might not know, Mike Jones is the primary protagonist of the StarTropics series on the NES.

Hylian7

Anth0ny said:

I actually though SSE was pretty good, it just felt like it was missing something. Part of it's problem was that it was using generic areas (with the exception of the Halberd) rather than ones based more on characters' homeworlds. For SSB4, I hope they have a world map like SSE, but it be composed of versions of characters' homeworlds. For instance, if Neku Sakuraba was in, there would be a Shibuya district of Saffron city.

watershed

Banned
I've honestly played less than 2 hours of brawl in my life, its the only smash bros game I don't own. I can't say its the game's fault though I wasn't happy with some of the changes they made. I hope the next smash is awesome, or the next two if they make a 3ds one and a wii u one.

Mike Jones and the Masked Man or I'm making my own damned Smash game.

Seriously though, Brawl was alright, but it could've been much better. Unlockable costumes (Dr. Mario, Ordon Link, PJs Ness, c'mon) and stickers being usable in multiplayer Brawls come to mind.

For the next game, more options would be nice. Rather than choosing the general frequency of all item appearances, I'd love to be able to have Pokeballs drop rarely and tons of Home Run Bats whenever the desire arises.

I'd also like less focus on single player (SSE was a waste of time, so much content at their disposal but all that came of it were a bunch of generic areas and a shit antagonist), worthwhile unlockables, and hopefully the third parties stay low. Wouldn't mind an appearance by Mega Man, of course, but there doesn't need to be a flood of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom