• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next years COD can't possibly be another Futuristic shooter, Right...

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They would have made the decision a few months before Advance Warfare shipped so I don't see how it could be anything else.

Caffeine

its gonna be like what resistance 1 did, but an alternate history/timeline game that takes place during western time with machines and shit. like cowboys and aliens. futuristic in the past.

this is a theory

EYEL1NER

Hopefully they give the future warfare a break after Advanced Warfare 2 (which is sure to be a thing). I barely played any Advanced Warfare outside of maybe two hours of the story and haven't touched my copy of BlOps 3 (part of that can be attributed to my wait for BlOps 2 to be made BC on Xbone so I can finish the story).
I would really like them to look at WW2 again. Like people pointed out, the sales of BF1 might be what it takes for them to do it.

I do still want a follow-up to Ghosts though, after they ended that one the way they did.

KrebStar

It's not going to be a return to WW2, and it's not going to be Advanced Warfare 2.

It's both.

The title Infinite Warfare is an obvious nod to the ending, in which you get sent back in time and thus your endless war continues. However, you get to keep your futuristic guns and movement options, so those Nazi bastards won't know what hit 'em.

Toa TAK

Banned
I find it funny that with all the shit they try to hype and push in the future setting the only decent part of BO3's campaign was
latest

Map based on it was also high tier.
And what was the ultimate unlock from the campaign?

Its like they know its more exciting than the rest of their game.

You gotta get the helmet, too!

N.Domixis

Banned
Skip so far in to the future humans were thrown back to the Stone Age with all previous technological advancements lost. We then go through an era similar to the 1900s where countries on Eruopa fight over the discovery of ancient submarine rovers that once explored the moon. To harness their fusion engines and reverse engineer them to become a super power on their world.

Tosyn_88

Isn't it strange how Sledgehammer are the only ones who actually made a unique game in a futuristic setting. I also like a lot of their design choices for what a future looks like. Its not too out there and a lot of it looks close to believable. By contrast Treyarch and Infinity Ward seem to be going for a Titanfall type future with wall running and all that which isn't believable at all

Orayn

I don't play CoD anymore (aside from renting, beating, and not enjoying Black Ops 3), but the aesthetics of every single one since Black Ops 2 has completely blended together into a near-future tacticool soup for me.

At this point I'm really hoping they turn back the clock and go for a non-plane version of Ace Combat with technology from earlier in the 20th century.

RedRum

Banned
I wouldn't mind something totally off the rails. Imagine COD with some kind of time travel. The game locations could be awesome.

Call of Duty: Temporal Warfare

Enjoyed the campaigns in Black Ops 1 and 2 (didn't mind the future stuff in 2 because it wasn't overdone, and was balanced out by the Cold War missions). 3 was bleh. The futuristic aspect was part of the problem for me (along with the lack of any interesting characters/story beats). This shit looks like more of the same, just with a little more pew-pew.

Top Bottom