• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NextGen Wheels peripherals PS4 and Xbox One Thread: NeoGaf Wheel Club Updates in OP

Varth

I can't seem to find the blueprints now. I got them years ago over at GTPlanet, in the subforum on cockpits. It was a homemade rig some guy made, and he threw up the blueprints there. I adapted it slightly, he had a curve at the bottom front, but I just made it angular. I think he also had it so you could adjust the distance of the seat from the wheel, but my seat was on sliders anyway, so I didn't need to do that.

At any rate, that subforum would be a good place for your friend to look for ideas and blueprints. My cockpit gets the job done, but it's far from the most elaborate I've seen.

Yea, I think I remember getting some of those myself back in the day.

Thanks, and hats off for the result.

My wife asked me for an XMas List, I started thinking about something I really want but normally would not purchase myself, and I thought about a racing wheel for Forza 5 and the One. I then remembered this thread existed.

Are there ever going to be any less expensive wheels released?

Price for the Thrustmaster is dropping like crazy.

Originally £350, it can picked up for £235.

Price for the Thrustmaster is dropping like crazy.

Originally £350, it can picked up for £235.

Nice work! Have you received it yet? Say a few words about it when you do.

I think that's where the Xbox branding may actually help. It's stocked because it's the official wheel. However they won't sell well, and get dumped off for cheap. That's obviously good news if you're a Forza player, but it's already making big waves on the PC side where the TX's ffb system is a lot more advanced than the venerable G27/GT2.

Kyleoty

Neo Member
Hello GAF. I am working on something at a Racing Gaming Club im in. Is their any way any of you with Racing Wheel and Peddles can take a measurement for me?

Please respond with the Name of the Wheel and the measurement illustrated in the Picture below.

Thank you so much in advance. The Club Thanks You.
peddles.jpg

Megasoum

Banned
Hello GAF. I am working on something at a Racing Gaming Club im in. Is their any way any of you with Racing Wheel and Peddles can take a measurement for me?

Please respond with the Name of the Wheel and the measurement illustrated in the Picture below.

Thank you so much in advance. The Club Thanks You.
peddles.jpg

You should ask in there too since pretty much everybody in that thread has a wheel setup.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=92630914#post92630914

Got my T500RS all set up this weekend just in time to play GT6. Guys I'm in love. This thing is awesome.

t7jvgtT.jpg

It really makes my old Microsoft wireless racing wheel for the 360 feel like a toy in comparison.

I'm glad I'll be able to use it for Drive Club but I don't understand why the PS button won't work and why the select button can't be used for the share button. I wish Sony and Evolution could come up with a better solution.

Got my T500RS all set up this weekend just in time to play GT6. Guys I'm in love. This thing is awesome.

t7jvgtT.jpg

It really makes my old Microsoft wireless racing wheel for the 360 feel like a toy in comparison.

I'm glad I'll be able to use it for Drive Club but I don't understand why the PS button won't work and why the select button can't be used for the share button. I wish Sony and Evolution could come up with a better solution.

Woah, nice setup you have there. I need to get my office/ man cave sorted. Clamping it to my desk and playing on a 24" monitor isn't gonna cut it.

Megasoum

Banned

t7jvgtT.jpg

Technically the "Select" button on PS4 is the touchpad, the share button is a new one.

Nice work! Have you received it yet? Say a few words about it when you do.

I think that's where the Xbox branding may actually help. It's stocked because it's the official wheel. However they won't sell well, and get dumped off for cheap. That's obviously good news if you're a Forza player, but it's already making big waves on the PC side where the TX's ffb system is a lot more advanced than the venerable G27/GT2.

Cheers I'll hopefully have it tomorrow.

Xbox One is all wrapped up ready for son's Xmas now so I'll be testing it against the CSRE on PC. From what I hear the Thrustmaster holds it's own rather well which is cool given it's under half the price of the Fanatec and included a pedal set.

Maybe it's just all down to plastic vs metal, limited runs vs mass production.

There's still no release date for the compatible pedals and shifter :/

amar212

I'm still none the wiser as to whether my Fanatec rig will work with PS4. Anyone know?

If Logitech drivers (SDK) will be allowed on PS4, it will work.

If not, we are in the problem together.

And we will not know before Driveclub comes out and it also could not mean anything if PD decides to allow it for GT games in the future.

And we will not know before Driveclub comes out and it also could not mean anything if PD decides to allow it for GT games in the future.

Man, that tweet really got my hopes up and I wish we'd get some news before Christmas.

I'll just say that if I were Logitech, I'd be taking the opportunity to buck Fanatec from off my (piggy)back. I think the best way to ensure Fanatec is on the PS4 is for them to take care of it themselves.

FrankWza

I'll just say that if I were Logitech, I'd be taking the opportunity to buck Fanatec from off my (piggy)back. I think the best way to ensure Fanatec is on the PS4 is for them to take care of it themselves.

hahahaha....fanatec come off as shady so often on the internet. from this to bad CS to delayed shipping issues.

Chabbles

I hope sony push for compatibility for Driveclub, with all the wheels that were compatible with GT5/6. I really wanna get more use out of my Driving force GT.

hahahaha....fanatec come off as shady so often on the internet. from this to bad CS to delayed shipping issues.

I wouldn't call them shady at all, but they do suffer from being a very small company. CS, QC, shipping, all the usual trappings. They need to do a better job at all the stuff obviously.

And how would that benefit us Logitech users?

Benefit to users? None. The benefit is Logitech's. Fanatec is a competing brand after all.

Megasoum

Banned
I wouldn't call them shady at all, but they do suffer from being a very small company. CS, QC, shipping, all the usual trappings. They need to do a better job at all the stuff obviously.

Benefit to users? None. The benefit is Logitech's. Fanatec is a competing brand after all.

I'm not sure how Logitech could support the G25/27 and block the Fanatec wheels at the same time. I mean, I'm not sure how this is technically possible.

I'm not sure how Logitech could support the G25/27 and block the Fanatec wheels at the same time. I mean, I'm not sure how this is technically possible.

It would have to be with "PS4 compatible" firmwares, but yeah, aside from that, I don't think it would be. If they need to do firmwares anyway, then perhaps they'll make the necessary changes.

I'm not saying they will do that, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. I'm just saying I'm not going to count Logi support as a gimmie for Fanatec until I see. Like I said, if I were Logitech, I'd want to shuck them off if possible. They've got the partnerships, they're doing the leg work. It's their gig.

amar212

Don't like the rim of the TX one bit, ordered a replacement GTE rim.

Drugstore, would you please make an overview of the wheel for this thread?

I would love to know how does it actually perform compared to experience you had with the PWTS (you had PWTS, right?) and maybe some other wheels you've used?

Also, have you tried it on PC? Or on PS2/PS3?

Thank you in advance!

Drugstore, would you please make an overview of the wheel for this thread?

I would love to know how does it actually perform compared to experience you had with the PWTS (you had PWTS, right?) and maybe some other wheels you've used?

Also, have you tried it on PC? Or on PS2/PS3?

Thank you in advance!

Only tried it on PC for now amar and I haven't gotten round to unboxing the pedals at all, still using the the CSPs.

Ok first impressions weren't great, it doesn't look and feel like a £350 wheel and pedal set, the base falls more in line with a Logitech G Series imo, everything is plastic, buttons are small, cheap and sometimes sticky.

The rim itself is on the small side at 11", very light with a grippy rubber texture, it doesn't slide through the hands like a leather wrapped rim or feel substantial enough for my liking, toy-like but strong with no flex. Thrustmaster could have done better here.

Force feedback is surprisingly snappy, really fast to respond, this may change once I install a heavier rim. The forces really are rather good but thanks to cheap plastic case there's a hollow sawing sound as the wheel turns, less friction than the Fanatec GT2 but slightly noisier.

That said I didn't pay £350, for around £250 the wheel is a good deal. The experience falls somewhere between a G25 and GT2, in some ways it's a better wheel but doesn't match the Fantecs on build quality or the G series for value.

edit: I've ordered the GTE rim from Amazon, £62 seemed like a good deal.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CSH1MQE/

Not worth bumping the thread for but after a day with the GTE rim I can't say I'm missing the CSRE much any more. For £350 something like this should have been on from the start.

Yeah the wheel isn't without it's niggles, mainly build quality, sawing noise and that funny hum but the damn thing is fast and smooth, the extra weight takes nothing noticeable away from the speed.

Sorry I am going to bump this as I've had an email reply from Thrustmaster technical support saying the buzz I mentioned is normal with brushless motors.

Good in a way as the wheel is not malfunctioning but it's hard to ignore while racing.

Here's something my Fanatec couldn't do!
http://youtu.be/lZXcvTLcSJs

robatw

any infos on the new madcatz xbox one wheel?

and by the way the cronus max adapter developer is working on fanatic and g27 support. it means that you will be able to use these wheels on next gen consoles. question is: will it use force feedback. i asked the developer in the forum, we will see..

Mascot

any infos on the new madcatz xbox one wheel?

and by the way the cronus max adapter developer is working on fanatic and g27 support. it means that you will be able to use these wheels on next gen consoles. question is: will it use force feedback. i asked the developer in the forum, we will see..
Christ, I hope so.
Please keep us informed.

Any word on a CSP to TX adapter yet?

Tried the Thrustmaster pedals yesterday after 3 solid years with the CSP and they are horrible.

I haven't heard anything more about one. Just John Bodin's vague comment about an unknown party considering making one. Whether that's Basher, Bodnar, or whomever else. These things take time, and you know, the Holidays and all.

That said, no one ever made one for the T500+PS3 where there's a lot more demand and a lot longer period of time has passed. Changing the load cell value output to look like a potentiometer, which is what the TM bases expect, I'd guess is either not easy, not cheap, or not very mass produceable. It's confusing to me though because Bodin's T500 load cell is PS3 compatible, so I'm not sure what the story is...

Anyone have any recommendations for wheel stands compatible with the T500RS? I don't know where to begin with that, I'm new to owning racing sim quality wheels. Only preference is one that doesn't have a single pole in the middle for the wheel itself.

Thanks for any suggestions you guys can point me to!

amar212

Anyone have any recommendations for wheel stands compatible with the T500RS? I don't know where to begin with that, I'm new to owning racing sim quality wheels. Only preference is one that doesn't have a single pole in the middle for the wheel itself.

Thanks for any suggestions you guys can point me to!

Fanatec CSL, best thing ever

Fanatec CSL, best thing ever
Man, that looks realll nice. I guess I should've clarified though, I just need the stand, not a seat/stand combo. I have very little free room so another whole seat and rig isn't feasible. :/ I've already got a desk chair and recliner in the room.

Sorry, but thanks for the suggestion!

I've only got the wheelstand pro v2 and I know you said no centre post but I had the same concerns and unless I need to get up in a hurry I'd never known it was there.

May depend on your seating position of course but I have no issues with a 3 pedal set.

Megasoum

Banned

FrankWza

If one wanted to buy a new wheel that works on PS3 and PS4, is the Thrustmaster T500RS the only option at present?

it works for ps3 but on ps4 just driveclub has support officially announced. it looks like it will work for ps4 but theres no guarantee since the support needs to be put in game by developers. for example, you cannot use it with need for speed rivals ps4.

newsguy

Do we know what kind of support the Thrustmaster TX One has for platforms other than XB1? It looks a whole lot like a modified T-500 so in theory I guess it should work on PC and potentially even on PS3/4 maybe?

It works on PC. Great review. Very informative.

Shaneus

I can't believe we haven't heard anything on Driveclub wheel support for this fucking long. Shit's goddamned ridiculous. Amar last updated the OP in November!

Top Bottom