• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2011 Preseason Thread |OT2| - Everyone's Undefeated! (except Rex Ryan's wife)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The Pre-Season topic is brought to you by:

The Texan Cycle:

4IBiS.jpg

The fact that no one (meaningful) is hurt (yet):

QVX4o.jpg

And three guys that have made deals with the devil:

Z1cdS.jpg

uVFkg.jpg

Let's GO!

Week 1 (Aug. 11-15)

Aug. 11 Seattle at San Diego, 8 p.m. (ESPN)
Aug. 13 Arizona at Oakland
Aug. 13 Baltimore at Philadelphia
Aug. 13 Buffalo at Chicago
Aug. 12 Cincinnati at Detroit
Aug. 12 Tampa Bay at Kansas City
Aug. 13 Denver at Dallas
Aug. 13 Green Bay at Cleveland
Aug. 13 Indianapolis at St. Louis
Aug. 13 Jacksonville at New England
Aug. 12 Miami at Atlanta
Aug. 13 Minnesota at Tennessee
Aug. 13 N.Y. Giants at Carolina
Aug. 12 Pittsburgh at Washington
Aug. 12 San Francisco at New Orleans
Aug. 15 N.Y. Jets at Houston, 8 p.m. (ESPN)

Week 2

Aug. 18 Philadelphia at Pittsburgh, 8 p.m. (FOX)
Aug. 19 Atlanta at Jacksonville, 8 p.m. (FOX)
Aug. 20 Arizona at Green Bay
Aug. 20 Buffalo at Denver
Aug. 20 Carolina at Miami
Aug. 20 Cincinnati at N.Y. Jets
Aug. 20 Detroit at Cleveland
Aug. 20 Kansas City at Baltimore
Aug. 20 Minnesota at Seattle
Aug. 20 New England at Tampa Bay
Aug. 20 New Orleans at Houston
Aug. 20 Oakland at San Francisco
Aug. 20 San Diego at Dallas
Aug. 20 Tennessee at St. Louis
Aug. 20 Washington at Indianapolis
Aug. 22 Chicago at N.Y. Giants, 8 p.m. (ESPN)

Week 3

Aug. 25 Washington at Baltimore, 8 p.m. (ESPN)
Aug. 26 Green Bay at Indianapolis, 8 p.m. (CBS)
Aug. 27 Atlanta at Pittsburgh
Aug. 27 Carolina at Cincinnati
Aug. 27 Chicago at Tennessee
Aug. 27 Cleveland at Philadelphia
Aug. 27 Dallas at Minnesota
Aug. 27 Houston at San Francisco
Aug. 27 Jacksonville at Buffalo
Aug. 27 Miami at Tampa Bay
Aug. 27 N.Y. Jets at N.Y. Giants
Aug. 27 San Diego at Arizona
Aug. 27 Seattle at Denver
Aug. 27 St. Louis at Kansas City
Aug. 27 New England at Detroit, 8 p.m. (CBS)
Aug. 28 New Orleans at Oakland, 8 p.m. (NBC)

Week 4

Sept. 1 Baltimore at Atlanta
Sept. 1 Cleveland at Chicago
Sept. 1 Dallas at Miami
Sept. 1 Denver at Arizona
Sept. 1 Detroit at Buffalo
Sept. 1 Houston at Minnesota
Sept. 1 Indianapolis at Cincinnati
Sept. 1 Kansas City at Green Bay
Sept. 1 N.Y. Giants at New England
Sept. 1 Oakland at Seattle
Sept. 1 Philadelphia at N.Y. Jets
Sept. 1 Pittsburgh at Carolina
Sept. 1 San Francisco at San Diego
Sept. 1 St. Louis at Jacksonville
Sept. 1 Tampa Bay at Washington
Sept. 1 Tennessee at New Orleans

Bah, can some benevolent mod edit the title to NFL 2011 Pre-Season Thread. :|

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Isn't the Hall of Fame game tonight?

And it'll be nice to see Tebow and Quinn solidify Orton's starting position.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wow, I get online today to catch up with Lions news and see that they're down to 3 healthy offensive tackles, all of which are backups.

FANTASTIC. Every damn year with this team.

Edit: First complaint about Lions injuries! Sure to be one of thousands.

dabig2

Looks like it's time to come back to football. I need some new games to erase the bullshit from last season. Fucking cheese-eaters.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
No, no, one Pathers fan seems to think they'll be OK with Cam Newton.

I'm a Broncos fan, I have one more year of this type of experience. I'll be here for y'all.

WHY AM I EXCITED FOR MEANINGLESS, PRE-SEASON FOOTBALL?

THE NEW MESSIAH OF THE NFL CAN'T WIN IT ALL IN THE PRE-SEASON!!!

BUT YET, I'M STILL EXCITED!!!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
PhoenixDark said:
LIONS PLAYOFFS

Forward down the field,
A charging team that will not yield.
And when the Blue and Silver wave,
Stand and cheer the brave.
Rah, Rah, Rah.
Go hard, win the game.
With honor you will keep your fame.
Down the field and gain,
A Lion victory!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aKNqt4u5EQ

I love the hope that appears at the beginning of the preseason. Then, by game 2, we're decimated by injuries and that hope is gone.

BigAT

Let me drop the first "fucking shit" of the season.

@NotoriousOHM Ohm Youngmisuk
Giants announce CB Prince Amukamara has a fracture of 5th metatarsal bone in left foot. surgery needed, sidelined for an undetermined period

FUCKING SHIT.

cartoon_soldier said:
How do the Panthers look this time around?

Still sucky I am guessing

They're going to surprise a lot of people. Their running game is still going to be solid (one of their premier running backs was injured most of last season), their defense is still very good, and Steve Smith isn't going to be their only go to receiver this season. It's also going to help them that ultra conservative play caller John Fox isn't going to be there. Their owner spent a ton of money in the offseason:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/nfl-wire/article512013.ece

ChiTownBuffalo

Listen Lions.

Beat the Bears. Crush Jay Cutler with your D-Line.

Miguel

Rorschach said:
WTF? One thread for the year? We'll fill this one by pre-season week 1.
Are you new here too? Apparently these fine gentlemen do a new thread for every week of the season!

Jackson50

Plinko said:
Wow, I get online today to catch up with Lions news and see that they're down to 3 healthy offensive tackles, all of which are backups.

FANTASTIC. Every damn year with this team.

Edit: First complaint about Lions injuries! Sure to be one of thousands.
Additionally, Fairley is injured. But at least he should return by the start of the regular season.

ChiTownBuffalo

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Also, Faulk and Sharpe are now in the HoF...simply the worst news I've ever heard.

Are you a Chef's fan?

TheFatOne

Ian R. Rapoport said:
If there is no light at the end of the tunnel, as offensive coordinator Bill O’Brien said, then the Patriots were back in darkness today. They had a full-pads workout on the Gillette Stadium practice fields.

How did it go?

– For the second straight practice, DT Albert Haynesworth was not present. He walked slowly off the field on Thursday, but its not clear what was wrong. Perhaps they are taking it easy on him, or perhaps he is fighting off an injury. We’ll keep our eye on it.

– With LT Matt Light and RB Kevin Faulk on the PUP list, they were out. Also missing was RB Shane Vereen, LB Brandon Spikes, and DL Mike Wright. In more positive news, DL Myron Pryor was on the field participating for the first time. He fit in behind Vince Wilfork and Kyle Love.

– New DE Mark Anderson does impress with his quickness. On one rep, he blew by OT Nate Solder with the first rounder barely touching him. Now, he doesn’t seem like the strongest guy, and he’s definately an edge rusher. But that quickness will really help.

– Speaking of Solder, he’s been at left tackle with Light out. And two things are clear: He absolutely must get stronger, as he sometimes gets manhandled by stronger DEs. But he also has great feet and is almost always in really good position for a guy’s second move. I can see why they drafted him, and why he’s got to sit.

– Tom Brady, after two good practices before today, had an off-again, on-again day. He had a few throws that made him whack himself in the helmet, but the timing was better. The execution wasn’t fantastic, but at least its more in sync. I wouldn’t worry about Brady.

– The focus is definitely on fundamentals. That was evident everytime Brady, Ryan Mallett, and Brian Hoyer dropped back to pass and an assistant watched their feet. It’s all about footwork and getting it right.

– TE Rob Gronkowski, stop me if you’ve heard this one, had a big day. With one spectacular catch and a bunch of nice blocks, he’s standing out. I’m a little surprised, though, that rookie Lee Smith has such soft hands. Wasn’t expecting that. WR Taylor Price had a nice grab on a ball thrown behind him, while Darnell Jenkins had a wide open drop over the middle. Late in practice, Aaron Hernandez put on a show, catching three balls with one hand in a row.

– Chad Ochocinco didn’t appear to have any drops and he connected with Brady a bunch. The best two on the goal line when he out-fought a defender and in move-the-field when Brady found him on a bomb. Ochocinco out-leaped Sergio Brown and Malcolm Williams to corral it. Brown, by the way, had the hit of the day when he crushed RB Stevan Ridley on the goal line.

– DL Darryl Richard spent a while down on his back while the trainers worked on his leg. It looked like cramps, and it caused him to be a spectator.

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/s...t-all-go-for-the-patriots-full-pads-practice/

Will be watching the Haynesworth injury situation closely. I'm not surprised Gronk is having a great camp. This could be a monster season for him. Also an interesting note on Solder. Barring injury Solder is most likely siting on the bench this season.

boson globe article said:
Moore (2-0-0) continues to be lights out coming off the edge. Can’t say the same for Cunningham, who continues to be average. He hasn’t developed any pass rush moves in the offseason. Ninkovich had his first average outing of camp.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2011/08/the_rundown_pra_7.html

This isn't the first time someone has said that Cunningham has been average/below average. Really disappointed with him so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom