• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chili

Just watched last night's game. Crazy. When they mentioned that these are the same refs that 'officiated' the Skins-Rams game last week I knew something ugly was going to happen.

This picture reminds the Officiating last night

BGSr8.jpg

Truly WWE Soap Opera worthy

Tune in Thursday to see if either Ray Lewis does a drive by of 3 GSW victims on CLE side

The CenturyLink Screwjob

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Where is that happening? That was a terrible call as I said all night.

If saying the Packerd played like shit and they shouldn't have put themselves in that position is defending the replacement officials then in a few weeks when the old refs make a bad call and decide a game and i say the same thing you'll accuse me if loving them!

Sure, the old refs make bad calls but I think the primary difference is if they do make a bad call, there's not another group of experienced refs that should be calling the game instead. The worst part about this call in particular is that they didn't go through the proper procedures before going to review the catch. Its becoming a distraction, and constantly bitched about, even before this. I'm tired of it like you guys are tired of Katrina, Jimmy Graham Basketball

Wrayfield

They had there go to retired ref, he said that it took him 5 years to get an understanding of the NFL rules and be comfortable enough to really know the scope of it

The Scabs < 6 months and most are rejects of rejects of rejected leagues/football area

I don't think the understanding is the problem, the applying is. The game is too fast for them at this level, you have to develop a sort-of instinct to see the right things and make quick decisions. The rules as such you can learn if you're not too lazy.

What bugs me the most is that the NFL couldn't find 15 or so good guys, guys who know what the fuck they're doing, know the technology, know the rulebook, and help the scabs out when things are reviewed. I know they're supposed to only review the call on the field, but that alone would at least minimise the damage a bit. It's just such a lack of preparation by such a big business like the NFL.

I really don't blame the scabs, I don't even care about it as much now, it's just such a blatant lack or preparation that makes me wonder what they were thinking...

bionic77

If Packers had just listened to Chris Berman and knocked the ball down this never would have happened.

I find the whole thing to be hilarious. Especially the reactions. I bet ESPN paid the refs to do something stupid so they had something to be outraged about for the rest of the week. The only question is what they paid them. Was it a free breakfast at Denny's or perhaps a gift card to the local strip club?

Slo

If Packers had just listened to Chris Berman and knocked the ball down this never would have happened.

I find the whole thing to be hilarious. Especially the reactions. I bet ESPN paid the refs to do something stupid so they had something to be outraged about for the rest of the week. The only question is what they paid them. Was it a free breakfast at Denny's or perhaps a gift card to the local strip club?

YOU PLAY. TO WIN. THE GAME.

If the Packers lost 14 12 in any other way I'd be fine. Packers are finally playing defense. Lot of fun to watch. Shame the refs had to yet again fuck up and interfere with probably one of the more interesting games of the season so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HommPBJWtFs

I just got home from working all night and saw all the shit that went down in the GB/SEA game.....

I'm glad I am not a Packers fan right now. If that happened to the Cardinals I would be raged and probably punch someone in the face or break something I own.

I think its time for the NFL to pony up and give the real refs what they are asking for. I knew sooner or later a game would be blown due to a bad last minute call. Sorry Pack fans......

dubc35

Sad state of affairs.

Who I root for in the NFL in order:

1. Bears
2. Seahawks
32. Packers

That said, the Packers got screwed last night.

Big-E

If this lockout isn't settled this week then Goodelll and the idiots who put him in charge deserve the league to fucking fail. Two prime time games in a row prove to the world what a sham this league has become and the league must apologize for this horseshit. All I ever hear about is how much money the NFL makes and all that and how great of a business man Goodell is but this isn't good business. The world is laughing at the NFL and it is all because Goodell wants to keep NFL the lowest paid out of all the major North American sports. Ya they only have 17 weeks and playoffs but they deserve to make enough to live off of reffing as it is clear that not everyone can do what they do.

Spinluck

Oh please shut the fuck up. Not saying we will win it but you are just butthurt

What? So it isn't up in the air? You are such a sensitive fan. I am not butthurt, I have my expectation for the Colts pretty low, just to be fair to Luck and the new cast.

don't know why yall keep giving this dude ammo....ignore him

Ammo? What the hell was wrong with what I said?

For 2nd place.

Lol, good one.

No shit, it's week 3.

NOOOO STFU, you are butthurt!!

Stop biting.

My thoughts exactly, like wow, was I that insulting? Damn.

Spinluck

If this lockout isn't settled this week then Goodelll and the idiots who put him in charge deserve the league to fucking fail. Two prime time games in a row prove to the world what a sham this league has become and the league must apologize for this horseshit. All I ever hear about is how much money the NFL makes and all that and how great of a business man Goodell is but this isn't good business. The world is laughing at the NFL and it is all because Goodell wants to keep NFL the lowest paid out of all the major North American sports. Ya they only have 17 weeks and playoffs but they deserve to make enough to live off of reffing as it is clear that not everyone can do what they do.

Goodell is a troll, I am so sad that he got that extension till 2019. :-( Fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom