• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 5 |OT| Bucket's Creamy Goo

MechDX

Where is my avatar Mech?

Dont really have one. Use this:

texanskoolaid.jpg

Smokey

You obviously weren't here in 2010.

What? That was a historicly bad defense. Did you want us to smile or some shit? Not sure what you're getting at here.

Texans gaf as a group is conservative compared to some of yall. We have been saying the entire week how this game was going to be close. Everyone else was talking blowout...Myself said that I hope for 11-5 and that would be a good season. Rest of yall said naw naw 13-14 wins!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Think he's pressing because of the 10,000 yard mark? Or just sucking it up? I don't think I've ever seen him drop a pass like the one that hit him square in the numbers.

He could be pressing, but knowing AJ and records not really meaning much to him I think he just shit the bed tonight.

"Texans gaf as a group is conservative compared to some of yall. We have been saying the entire week how this game was going to be close. Everyone else was talking blowout.."

Maybe people ignore our posts lol I don't know, all of us Texans GAFer's knew this game was not gonna be like predicted.

Disagree about the first part, but suggs return might make a much bigger impact than I think it will. Agree completely about the steelers. Texans-49ers game right now and end of the season would be very interesting.
suggs just seems so good but maybe that defense is on its last legs.

Hunter S.

That's the thing, every team bar Atlanta has had that one poor showing. That happens, this just happened to be Houston's...

Are you kidding me, they were losing to the Redskins most of the game until RG3 WAS INJURED. Not to mention Peyton gifted Atlanta 3 interceptions in a row followed by a fumble and still they barely won. Houston by far is the best looking team in the league.

MechDX

Smokey, Matrix, jmdajr, and Captive have been pretty conservative from what I've seen. MechDX is pretty confident, which is fine.

Ive been calling this a trap game all week and didnt have a whole lot of confidence. I have more confidence against the Packers next week. First SNF game on NBC and its at Reliant.

Wait until the first loss. It begins then. :(

I'm just amazed we didn't lose this game. We've been a good team the past couple of years, but only became serious playoff contenders with Phillips. Kubiak and schaub have this patented ability to throw away a game in the 4th quarter. I seriously thought we were going to lose it. Cushing being injured is incredibly devastating if it's lasting.

Wasn't aware that we were talking about 2010.

I was here in 2010, it was just towards the end of the season and didn't post in the same frequency.
We're talking about what we've seen, no? Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't exist.

What? That was a historicly bad defense. Did you want us to smile or some shit? Not sure what you're getting at here.

Don't make me dredge this back up.

Godslay

Banned
Ive been calling this a trap game all week and didnt have a whole lot of confidence. I have more confidence against the Packers next week. First SNF game on NBC and its at Reliant.

I know. Just in general you've been pretty confident in winning. Nothing wrong with that.

Narag

I'm just amazed we didn't lose this game. We've been a good team the past couple of years, but only became serious playoff contenders with Phillips. Kubiak and schaub have this patented ability to throw away a game in the 4th quarter. I seriously thought we were going to lose it. Cushing being injured is incredibly devastating if it's lasting.

Yeah seriously, Wade Phillips turned that defense, and consequently, that franchise around.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Are you kidding me, they were losing to the Redskins most of the game until RG3 WAS INJURED. Not to mention Peyton gifted Atlanta 3 interceptions in a row followed by a fumble and still they barely won. Houston by far is the best looking team in the league.

Falcons have their problems, but I have a hard time saying the Texans are better after seeing them tonight and looking at the wins they have gotten so far compared to the Falcons.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yea, the keyword that both you and DUFFMCWALIN used was some.

You joined GAF this year, going by your profile. You know nothing about the Texans fans here other than taking shots at us and bad jokes.

Smokey

Nope. Not with Cushing more than likely being gone. Goes back to the 9ers.

We're talking about what we've seen, no? Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't exist.

Don't make me dredge this back up.

Not sure what you want to dredge up? Nobody was talking about playoffs or superbowl that year so I dunno what you're getting at besides maybe us complaining which was perfectly fine for that crap of a season.

LJ11

Tebow wouldn't have thrown the interception in the end zone that was a 6 to 10 point swing to end the first half.

Tebow wouldn't have missed Cro wide open for 6.

May be right about the second but not sure about the first. Unless Tebow's slow release puts Watt to sleep, good chance it gets batted. Guy made a hell of a play. May have saved 14 points tonight.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
May be right about the second but not sure about the first. Unless Tebow's slow release puts Watt to sleep, chances are it gets batted. Guy made a hell of a play. May have saved 14 points.

Watt was unreal tonight. Pretty much the sole reason why the Texans won this game. Forget DPOY, he's the MVP right now.

Suggs isn't coming back till the beginning of November, no way they try him before the bye. And it will take him a few weeks to get back to where he was. Besides, it's not like they haven't choked with Suggs in the lineup, so I don't get where his return assures anything. Besides, their bigger problem, as always, is on the offensive side of the ball where they continue to be Jeckyl and Hyde. FGs aren't going to get it done.

Not sure what you want to dredge up? Nobody was talking about playoffs or superbowl that year so I dunno what you're getting at besides maybe us complaining which was perfectly fine for that crap of a season.

k

Suggs isn't coming back till the beginning of November, no way they try him before the bye. And it will take him a few weeks to get back to where he was. Besides, it's not like they haven't choked with Suggs in the lineup, so I don't get where his return assures anything. Besides, their bigger problem, as always, is on the offensive side of the ball where they continue to be Jeckyl and Hyde. FGs aren't going to get it done.

Suggs is a great player, but he's one guy.

Just like Matthews isn't saving the Packers or Harrison can't save the Steelers, one guy ain't changing shit. Baltimore is getting old and slow on key positions on defense - in fact in Lewis' case they've BEEN that way. Don't know why they got rid of Redding either - he may be in his 30's but they have bad depth at Tackle. They knew they had an age problem.

Hunter S.

Falcons have their problems, but I have a hard time saying the Texans are better after seeing them tonight and looking at the wins they have gotten so far compared to the Falcons.

I would agree with if the NFC had truly turned out to be much better than the AFC as everyone thought so. In actuality, this has not been proven to be true at all. I give Houston the advantage mostly because in every game, but this one and vs Denver they really dominated even if it was against below average teams.

Vyer

Shitty game, but obviously I'll take the win. Especially against a team they've had so much trouble with.

Cromartie played a hell of a game on Andre. Watt was pretty strong as always. Nice to see Foster finally break off some big runs, those have been lacking.

Damn shame about Cushing. They missed him badly in the 2nd half. Hopefully not season ending.

I expect a better showing at home next week.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Nope. Not with Cushing more than likely being gone. Goes back to the 9ers.

He's going to talk about how I thought the defense wasn't that bad at the start of the season. Turns out I was wrong.
Doesn't matter now, seems like multiple teams this year and last are trying to top that level of sucktitude. Packers defense last year for instance was worse, but they won a shit load of games because fraudgers was playing madden in real life. Saints and bills d's this year are giving them a run for their money.

Matrix

You were saying Texans injury tonight so looks like you what you wanted!

Those were some bizzaro posts coming from a Texans fan.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Hopefully Daryl sharpton coming back in a few weeks can help them out if Cushing is gone any amount of time. Bradie James is a weakness. Tim dobbins is serviceable+ but he can't replace Cushing.

Top Bottom