• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 5 |OT| Bucket's Creamy Goo

bionic77

Locker might be out for the season, apparently.

And Harrison and Polamalu are back, according to Tomlin.
If we get the real Harrison and Troy back then the Steelers are back baby!

Even if they are gimped both are still huge upgrades over Worilds and Mundy. Especially Mundy, God that guy is trash!

If Harrison can get some pressure then the offenses have to choose who to double between James and Woodley, leaving the other to beast on the one on one matchups. If this all fails and our defense implodes, well there is always the draft!

They need to bring in some guys. I think Chad Hall is still out of work they should bring him in. The Jets should be trying out every FA WR there is. Sanchez had his "best" season throwing to Braylon, they need to find someone that he trusts.

Edwards was one of my favorite Jets players when he was here and I was pretty mad that they let him go. But he has Dustin Keller, although he isn't a WR, he's the player he trusts the most throwing the football to. It's just that he has a hammy injury.

But you're right, the Jets need to find FA WRs because the remaining receivers they have that are healthy are garbage.

squicken

Xs and Os type question. When AZ does those A-gap blitzes, how do teams beat that? It seems like if a man comes free there's really nothing a QB can do since it's right up the middle. My guess would be swing pass to back or WR screens, but they seem to take that away and challenge you to pick it up and beat them deep

I'm more worried with Hasslebeck starting than Locker.

9AyXx.jpg

jmdajr

The Bills got called bitches by Brady lol.They got their soul stolen after that.

Man, Buffalo fans must feel like I did going to see the Texans face Manning's Colts. Even in games where it looked like we had a chance, we would still fail epically.

Best Bills fans can hope for is Brady neck surgery.

effzee

Plaxico and Chad Johnson still available, Rex.

I don't even think its a crazy idea.

1. Jets don't care about cancers in the locker room. They already have Tebow, Cro, and Holmes.

2. Plaxico was decent for them last year. What did he have 6-7 TDs? They could use him.

3. Chad was already looking to prove himself after last season and now has so much to prove if he ever wants to play in this league again.

Do it Woody!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Xs and Os type question. When AZ does those A-gap blitzes, how do teams beat that? It seems like if a man comes free there's really nothing a QB can do since it's right up the middle. My guess would be swing pass to back or WR screens, but they seem to take that away and challenge you to pick it up and beat them deep

Your best bet is to pick it up.

Schematically, it would make sense to run the TE into the area vacated by the linebackers. Unfortunately, those same linebackers will be in the QB's face if they aren't at least slowed down.

1. Jets don't care about cancers in the locker room. They already have Tebow, Cro, and Holmes.

2. Plaxico was decent for them last year. What did he have 6-7 TDs? They could use him.

3. Chad was already looking to prove himself after last season and now has so much to prove if he ever wants to play in this league again.

Do it Woody!

Tebow is a locker room cancer? Only a heathen Eagle fan would think that.

Fox318

Ocho is done.
TO is done and the locker room already hates him for the shit he said about Revis,

Plax is the only big name option that makes sense.

Do it Woody!

I wouldnt take plaxico back. He was useless unless he was ten yards away from the endzone. I would take Johnson over him at a cheap price. But also I forgot that the Jets re-signed Patrick Turner last week so I wanna see him in action.

Two players = Best team ever.

Obvs the best team to Rex Ryan doesn't mean the best actual NFL team.

I would think a quick inside slant but the problem with that was, at least in the Eagles game, they would bring 2 possible blitzers over the center and they would switch which one tey would actually blitz. I really dont see how teams beat that consistently. The Eagles tried to slide the guards down but that let the Cards get edge pressure all game. If you have a back that is quick enough you could try to run inside draws, if the back breaks the line he is going to have huge gains, but if the blitzer gets him it is going to be nothing but losses.

You're talking about Rex Ryan, the coach who inherited a Super Bowl caliber team, right?

How were the Jets a SB caliber team with no QB at all. I thought they did great Rex's first few years for how limited they were on offense but once guys started getting old and Sanchez didnt develop they were sunk.

Sanjuro

How were the Jets a SB caliber team with no QB at all. I thought they did great Rex's first few years for how limited they were on offense but once guys started getting old and Sanchez didnt develop they were sunk.

Would have had a better chance if they kept Brent!

You're talking about Rex Ryan, the coach who inherited a Super Bowl caliber team, right?

Well when Rex Ryan inherited the team, they were very mediocre. Then he brought them to two straight AFC championship games, one in which he beat the Pats after losing 45-3.

But bad drafting and acquisitions have hurt the team over the past few years and its showing now.

Sanjuro

Well when Rex Ryan inherited the team, they were very mediocre. Then he brought them to two straight AFC championship games, one in which he beat the Pats after losing 45-3.

But bad drafting and acquisitions have hurt the team over the past few years and its showing now.

I forgot. Getting to the AFC Championship game is the equivalent of a Super Bowl victory in JetsLand. My bad.

Sanjuro

Of course they would have. The defense and running game were great the first few years. If Farve could have just limited the slanging I think they could have won a SB.

That's what I mean, he got a nice cushy gig with the team being a few pieces away. In return for his failure, he is hailed the "Best coach in franchise history".

Rorschach

I'm sure Hito can provide me with one. You might not appreciate that one either!

I realize you dudes love horse meat, but why do you guys go underage with it? Is there no taboo around under-age sex in the furry community? Well, I guess since none of the animals can consent anyway, it's kind of moot?

eznark

Banned
^:jnc

Do it Woody!

On what planet is Tebow a clubhouse cancer?

I forgot. Getting to the AFC Championship game is the equivalent of a Super Bowl victory in JetsLand. My bad.

Not sure what you're doing but it was a big improvement over what happened in the Mangini/Edwards era considering the last time the Jets made it that far was when Testaverde was QB. Obviously its not a super bowl win but in terms of team progress it was pretty good.

Sanjuro

Not sure what you're doing but it was a big improvement over what happened in the Mangini/Edwards era considering the last time the Jets made it that far was when Testaverde was QB. Obviously its not a super bowl win but in terms of team progress it was pretty good.

Except he didn't make any adjustments to further their success.

I love when Patriots fans act like they've always been amazing, ya know?

Top Bottom