• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 4 |OT| Hell is Empty and All The Devils Are Here

bionic77

Yeah but Brandon Marhsall always goes to his knees on TDs and never gets flagged for it...
To be fair. A lot of assholes and shitheads were really upset to see Tammy and the Pats get exposed like that.

Let them have their bullshit flags. It's all they have left. :(

Zeke

Jesus raider fans really have a hard on for gruden to come back. You guys need to let go of gruden and stop acting like a psycho ex girlfriend

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
If I'm Gruden, the only way I go to Oakland is if they offer a guaranteed $8M+ for 6+ years AND give full control. i.e. It's not happening.

spyder_ur

Sorry was on phone, couldn't elaborate further on what I would do... not that it matters, just my opinion.

I think it's time to start a rebuild. The league is based around franchise QBs and you have to build a team around that. The pats lucked into one of the greats in the 6th round, but as most people know very rarely do you get guys like Peyton or Andrew luck, which are sure fire 1st round picks, and even then you have bad breaks (stafford almost busted out with his shoulder, and then of course you have you Sam Bradfords, and worst of all Ryan Leafs who went 2nd, but still same idea). Building a team first IMO is pretty crucial, otherwise you can stunt the growth of a QB or get them injured, this could help explain whatever the hell it was that happened to Sam Bradford. It's also the reason Russell Wilson was able to thrive the way he has, even though I think he has the skillset either way.

By Trading the only guys they have with any real perceived (note perceived, whether you believe it or not), value then we can bring in a stable of picks to start rebuilding the gaping holes on the roster, namely- the Linebacking, D line, and O-line, which IMO are an absolute train wreck, the only players of note worth keeping as starters amongst those groups are Chandler Jones and Hightower. Some of the other guys have upside or could work fine as filler or rotational guys, but for the most part that's all you're getting there.

Recent trades of note

Brandon Marshall from Denver- 2nd round pick, then from Miami- 2nd round pick
Percy Harvin- Similar to Gronk Unbelievable talent ALWAYS injured. 1st and a 7th
Randy Moss from the pats- 3rd
Roy E. Williams- 1st and a 3rd
Carson Palmer- 1st and 2nd
Trent Truck- 1st

The list really goes on. I'm not saying it's a slam dunk, but Gronk does have 3 TD in 4 games this year and is recovering from ACL surgery. Plenty of GMs are stupid enough to give up a high 2nd or just maybe a 1st for Gronk. Same goes for Tom. I'm not thinking about fixing the team now, I'm not sure that can be done in just 1 or 2 years, as I believe that window unfortunately has been shut. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Pretty drastic overreaction in my opinion. The team is 2-2. The only real huge issue that I see is the O-line - granted I don't really know if there's a solution past hoping they gel a bit more.

But all these death of the Patriots posts will look funny when it's January, they finish 11-5 and head to the AFC championship game.

I just really think they need to establish the run more - they've given up on it in 3 out of 4 games. Ridley is a good back and needs the ball more.

MRSA

Banned
Gruden ain't coming back brahs.

He's signed with ESPN through 2017, has one of the best football related jobs in teh business.

Back from a full, awesome week at the Outerbanks of North Carolina. Missed most of the Steeler/Bucs game (thank god) and listened to most of the Jags game on the radio on the way home today. Umm, this Steeler team this year is young, improving in some spots, but also maddening. Losing the Buc game was inexcusable, the offense should be scoring TDs at a much higher rate and the constant penalties need to be tightened up by Tomlin. Still can't get a real feel of this team this year, could be anywhere from 7-9 to 12-4.

Gronk doesn't look the same anymore. Those double coverage schemes he's getting don't help but still. That line is really bad as well, might be worse than the Dolphins line. I knew this day would come. Oh they'll still go 9-7 or 10-6 with some luck, but that pats team is mediocre, just like the rest of the AFC East. Come on in Gata, the water is perfect!

GRONK GRONK BIIIITCH

Yeah that's what I was saying a few posts up. The bills are Kyle Ortons team now and the Jets have Geno, despite that unbelievable D-line, that's sanchez bad. The Dolphins look like they could be solid if tannehill could ever get his head right, which I don't think he's a guy you can count on, but with how bad the pats are could do enough to win at 9-7. It reminds me of the year the seahawks got in at 7-9, I could see it playing out similar in the AFC east.

Those double teams look completely unnecessary right now, just absolutely blanketed, but it doesn't matter anyways who else do they need to cover really? That's why I think they should flip Gronk while he's still valuable.

You embarrass me

Edit: God fucking dammit, I made a huge mistake!

Top Bottom