• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 8 |OT| - Plays of the Week

Big-E

Missed the game today and I would have liked to watch Brock fail. Wonder if Vegas can give an over/under on how many more games he starts.

manfestival

yo you gotta fix the punt of the week! it had to have been from the bucs and 49ers game lol. fumble thanks to his own player knocking into him lol

squicken

Some factoids from Vikes-Eagles

-PHI has the only two KO returns in the NFL this year

-MIN did not attempt a single KO return on 6 KOs

-Wentz was 0-7 on passes traveling over 10 yards. First QB this year to not have a completed pass over 10 yards in a game

-Wentz average completion was 1.6 yards downfield

-81% of Wentz's yards were YAC. No other QB was over 55% YAC

-Vikes had 3 dropped passes coming into Eagles game, and dropped 4 passes on Sunday. 2 drops were on 3rd down

-Bradford was under duress on 36% of his dropbacks, and produced 3 TOs and 11 yards

-PHI had blitzed 13 times all year before Sunday, and blitzed 12 times vs MIN

-MIN had no QB sacks for the first time all year. Bradford tied his career high with 6 sacks

CvjOsFJWIAI6Zg_.jpg:large

Good morning.. Can this weekend be better than the last one.. pls?

Someone prove to me that the CSS issue isn't caused by Floy?
Prove that I did.

Friend

We both know F did this

He's colluding with Putin and Trump officially.
Prove that I am?

Now that racist floy has taken away my dark theme. This has gone too far!
They did?

Finally.. you can all view GAF the "white" way

RBH.jpeg

F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whoever did deserves my thanks

The F is too much. Going to have to dock him the full F as well.

l
And what? Leave me with a symbol. I'm not prince.

I like how no one even cares to pick the games anymore.

Just a big list of Shit vs. Shit

For instance in a rematch of the 2016 NFC FUCKING CHAMPIONSHIP GAME we have a 1-5 team and a 3-3-Euro team.

Everything is fucked

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

For instance in a rematch of the 2016 NFC FUCKING CHAMPIONSHIP GAME we have a 1-5 team and a 3-3-Euro team.

Everything is fucked

When I was on my self imposed ban I was doing my own picks up until Week 4. I went 11-5 my first week, about the same Week 2 and did pretty bad Week 3. I get lazy to do it sometimes but I'll actually sit down and do it this week.

I'm pretty damn confident the Lions will beat the Texans to go 5-3.

I think the season has been great so far, NFL fans/sports fans can get a bit hyperbolic at times (myself included).

Slo

-Wentz was 0-7 on passes traveling over 10 yards. First QB this year to not have a completed pass over 10 yards in a game

-Vikes had 3 dropped passes coming into Eagles game, and dropped 4 passes on Sunday. 2 drops were on 3rd down

-Bradford was under duress on 36% of his dropbacks, and produced 3 TOs and 11 yards

-MIN had no QB sacks for the first time all year. Bradford tied his career high with 6 sacks

Pretty good breakdown. They were getting the ball out of Wentz's and fast. Overall I thought our defense did a pretty good job, especially early.

Jarnet87

Bucs should be trying to trade for Torrey Smith if the asking price isn't crazy, like a 5th rounder. Never been a big fan but he's an upgrade over what they have and he can be the deep threat opposite of Evans.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Just know that as bad as the last two primetime games have been you've not seen anything until Jags Titans on TNF this week.

Prepare yourselves!

Farooq

Banned

#dinkanddunk
#airyards

Thanks for the graph. NE@BUF is going to be the best game on sunday. Also, every team is going to have holes right? I don't see how you can build a complete team without hitting on draft picks and having a great QB and on his rookie salary. Maybe if you neglect a positional group and just hope coaching/system and or talent from other positions make up for it.

Zeke

Can it be Sunday night already? I predict fuckery of the highest order. Dak, Wentz battle of the YAC. Watch it!
Edit: damn Philly media already being savage to their new savior.

Farooq

Banned
Can it be Sunday night already? I predict fuckery of the highest order. Dak, Wentz battle of the YAC. Watch it!
Edit: damn Philly media already being savage to their new savior.

Dak lives between 10-20. Even his deep shots in GB were coincidentally 20 yards.

Also posting a stat comparison for the new thread because why not.

Hnxy9Xc.png

60RWpnQ.png

#dinkanddunk
#airyards

I don't see how you can build a complete team without hitting on draft picks and having a great rookie QB and on his rookie salary.

I was thinking this watching brick last night. Aside from Drew Brees, who else was a FA QB that became a franchise guy playing right now? I don't believe in Carson Palmer. Maybe I'm missing someone obvious.

State of the league:

AFC South: Shit

AFC East: Cheating shit and 3 other shits

AFC West: 4 semi-shits

AFC North: 1 ultimate shit, 2 shits, and 1 injured shit

NFC South: Shit

NFC East: Young, unproven shit and racist shit

NFC West: Shit offense and 3 other shits

NFC North: Fat shit, injured shit, and mental midget shit

Farooq

Banned
I was thinking this watching brick last night. Aside from Drew Brees, who else was a FA QB that became a franchise guy playing right now? I don't believe in Carson Palmer. Maybe I'm missing someone obvious.

Yea, teams are probably going try to hold onto good/great QBs unless they have a younger replacement that they think can be just as good or better. Still, you are not going to get value in FA especially for a QB, unless it is situation where an injury is involved.

Edit: Regarding my last sentence, I forgot about Tyrod Taylor still.

That's why Philly is a shit hole
You don't talk bad about Wentz the god

That woman holding the 72 million sign is probably broke
Bork got a ring and got 72 million guaranteed
Bork the god

gutshot

Pederson and Co. have noticed a mechanical flaw in Wentz's delivery.

His dip in accuracy has been noticeable. Per Stats & Info, Wentz was 0-of-7 on passes that traveled more than 10 yards downfield against Minnesota, and his 16 completions had an average target distance of 1.6 yards downfield.

Head coach Doug Pederson has picked up on a mechanical issue. He noted Monday that Wentz's lower body and feet are not pointing in a direct line toward the intended receiver at times.

"Sometimes when your feet are not on the target line, you tend to throw high and you tend to throw inside of a receiver, which is what we saw a little bit yesterday," he said. "We just have to continue to drill it and drill it down to where you get in the game and it does become second nature."

http://www.espn.com/blog/philadelph...-carson-wentz-fighting-through-his-first-funk

Hopefully he can get that cleaned up before Sunday's game. We are gonna need the early season Wentz for that one.

Yea, teams are probably going try to hold onto good/great QBs unless they have a younger replacement that they think can be just as good or better. Still, you are not going to get value in FA especially for a QB, unless it is situation where an injury is involved.

Edit: Regarding my last sentence, I forgot about Tyrod Taylor still.

Oh yeah I haven't watched Tyrod play that much but he could count. That was a very low key signing. I was more thinking the guys like Palmer getting huge contracts. They just never seem to live up to how much money they make.

bionic77

Pederson and Co. have noticed a mechanical flaw in Wentz's delivery.

http://www.espn.com/blog/philadelph...-carson-wentz-fighting-through-his-first-funk

Hopefully he can get that cleaned up before Sunday's game. We are gonna need the early season Wentz for that one.
I thought the issue was more pressure and bad decisions.

The one INT he threw was into 5 Vikings. Unless that is the current dying Steelers defense you should not be throwing into 5 defenders.

I feel like he was getting away with a couple of bad decisions a game and now it is starting to catch up to him. That can easily be corrected though. Kid is still a rookie.

gutshot

I thought the issue was more pressure and bad decisions.

The one INT he threw was into 5 Vikings. Unless that is the current dying Steelers defense you should not be throwing into 5 defenders.

I feel like he was getting away with a couple of bad decisions a game and now it is starting to catch up to him. That can easily be corrected though. Kid is still a rookie.

It's a little of both. I think the pressure he was under in the Wash. game probably contributed to his rushed delivery, which lead to this flaw. There were definitely throws he missed high, despite not being under much pressure, like his first INT.

We will remain in first place in our division this week regardless of all other outcomes.

This is the week to BeCleve just for the lulz.

We are all Bills fans.

Hindl

Yo I'd take Torrey Smith. Wonder who they're thinking of giving up.

Hopefully just a mid round pick, or a defender that isn't working out.

Y'all ready for Dak v Wentz: Once in a Lifetime?

I wish this was on MNF for Gruden hot takes

Good facts. Easily Wentz' worst game, even after he settled down. I have a writeup of my thoughts on the Eagles-Vikings game later once I have more time

Line_HTX

Everything is fucked

There's no point in picking games anymore at this point.

Melvin Gordon has as many touchdowns as the entire Houston Texans offense. 10. He is under team control for the next three years and his cap number never exceeds $3m.

Brock Osweiler has accounted for 8 touchdowns. He is under team control for 4 seasons and his cap number is never less than $20m.

JAX @ TEN

WAS @ CIN (London)

ARI @ CAR
DET @ HOU
SEA @ NO
KC @ IND
NYJ @ CLE
NE @ BUF
OAK @ TB

SD @ DEN
GB @ ATL

PHI @ DAL