• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't we all just get along like they do

15876093_245910682487655_7323457132794216448_n.jpg

MechDX

Tom Pelissero ✔ @TomPelissero
Wes Welker is here in Mobile with the #Texans staff. Has been considering coaching opportunities. Played under Bill O'Brien with #Patriots.
11:24 AM - 25 Jan 2017 · Mobile, AL

#PatsSouth is real....

Now about that QB

No advice but that's awesome your wife wrote a book.

Treat her with a Switch and let's celebrate by vandalizing a Trump/Pats fans property!

Thanks man. I would be worried about doing anything illegal towards a pats fan now that they control the white house. Trump and Brady are so fucking close that Brady will be ordering drone strikes soon.

Eagles fans I thought this was interesting:

Eastern Washington WR Cooper Kupp wore one of Carson Wentz's AO1 shirts out of the Senior Bowl weigh-in. He and Wentz have same agent.

— Dave Zangaro (@DZangaroCSN) January 24, 2017

WRs are trying to get the Eagles to draft them.

Line_HTX

NRG Park ‏@NRGParkFan 20m20 minutes ago

Hey @AtlantaFalcons, look who we found hanging out on #NRGStadium! @m_ryan02 #SB51

C3CX3Z6UoAAojXH.jpg

Matt Ryan's licking a panel.

MechDX

2017 FA Preview – Strongest and Weakest Position Groups – Defense

The cornerback group is one of the stronger groups in this year’s Free Agency class. There’s a number of guys who are either Pro Bowlers or very close to that level, along with several reliable #2 options.

After a career year, A.J Bouye of the Texans is the top free agent corner. Bouye was an UDFA in 2013, contributed some in the 2014 season, before turning in a Pro Bowl season as one of the top shutdown corners in the league this season. Bouye is physical, quick and plays the press well. According to Pro Football Focus, he allowed just 41.5% of passes to be completed in his last six games. He hasn’t had quite the storied breakout that Josh Norman did last year (which netted Norman a cool $15m APY contract), but Bouye will at the very least be looking for north of Byron Maxwell’s $10.5m APY. The Texans have some cap space for next year, and as their defense is their identity, they should really prioritise retaining Bouye.

:( My Bouye!

MechDX

Not sure how I would feel about them giving him over $10m a year. Better make sure he is a scheme fit with Schwartz first.

If I was an interested team I would be worried that how much the Texans pass rush helped him.

Basically im saying he is terrible and no one should be interested

Not sure how I would feel about them giving him over $10m a year. Better make sure he is a scheme fit with Schwartz first.

One of the biggest problems with our CBs last season was awful press-man coverage. They really could not disrupt a WRs timing ever. I know Schwarz was mysteriously calling for them to be 10 yards off the line in terrible situations instead of using press, but when he did call press coverage the CBs could not jam their guy at all. AJ Bouye can actually do these things. Dunno if you can fix Schwarz tendency to not call press. I sort of wonder if it was because he knew his CBs couldn't jam a guy.

One of the biggest problems with our CBs last season was awful press-man coverage. They really could not disrupt a WRs timing ever. I know Schwarz was mysteriously calling for them to be 10 yards off the line in terrible situations instead of using press, but when he did call press coverage the CBs could not jam their guy at all. AJ Bouye can actually do these things. Dunno if you can fix Schwarz tendency to not call press. I sort of wonder if it was because he knew his CBs couldn't jam a guy.

The Eagles desperately need guys that can play up. I just worry that this guy is going to be Nmamdi 2.0 if they give him a huge contract. I like hindl's idea of getting a guy that was good in Schwartz's system before. Eagles need a way to find good cheap guys, but I am not sure how they can do that.

MechDX

Ian RapoportVerified account
‏@RapSheet

#Jets have done extensive homework on former #Texans OC George Godsey, a strong candidate to fill their opening. Got strong recommendations

This is still amazing! He did such a wonderful job with osweiler Im sure he can perform miracles with Hack

Ian RapoportVerified account
‏@RapSheet
Ian Rapoport Retweeted mark goodman
Godsey found Hack, actually.Ian Rapoport added,
mark goodman @mrgpsu

OMG that is why the are hiring him!

That poor lady. :(

I know :(

This is still amazing! He did such a wonderful job with osweiler Im sure he can perform miracles with Hack

OMG that is why the are hiring him!

Same reason someone like Vance got hired even though Miami had a terrible defense, people in the league know the guy and know a lot about them and look beyond performance of their unit...I mean we all saw Brock play...I don't care who the coach is you're not getting anywhere with him in there.

I know :(

Same reason someone like Vance got hired even though Miami had a terrible defense, people in the league know the guy and know a lot about them and look beyond performance of their unit...I mean we all saw Brock play...I don't care who the coach is you're not getting anywhere with him in there.

Exactly. His release is so slow, his accuracy is terrible, he holds the ball to long, and he forces throws into coverage. No one could build a functional offense around him. Scapegoating the OC for Brock sucking is just silly.

MechDX

Exactly. His release is so slow, his accuracy is terrible, he holds the ball to long, and he forces throws into coverage. No one could be a functional offense around him. Scapegoating the OC for Brock sucking is just silly.

Playcalling wasnt that great last year eaither even though Hoyer had a good regular season. There was big difference between 2014 with BOB calling plays and 2015, Godseys first year as OC, as well

Im not arguing the Osweiler point you made but there are other things to look at as well.

Tom Penny

Playcalling wasnt that great last year eaither even though Hoyer had a good regular season. There was big difference between 2014 with BOB calling plays and 2015, Godseys first year as OC, as well

Im not arguing the Osweiler point you made but there are other things to look at as well.
If Brock increases his TDs and accuracy and reduces his turnovers he will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom