• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Training Camp/Preseason |OT| - If you don't like it, you should have made it

Status
Not open for further replies.

JABEE

The headlines for people's eyes being destroyed by the eclipse make me laugh a bit. They treat the eclipse like some conflict they were wounded in.

"I ruined my eyes during the last solar eclipse. Beware"

or

"I thought the eclipse would be all fun and games, but I learned. You kids and your eclipse. Your stupid games. You never learn. Look into these holes where youth and fancy once guided me through a world of pretty girls and disco-delight. All that remains are husk-filled craters full of regret and shame. Woe is me. The sun conquers all."

DM is so old, he saw Haley's Comet twice.

Tl8eFoR.jpg

DM the next time around....

WYTS Titans http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2017-tennessee-titans-1798148950

Rock star Jon Bon Jovi, who attempted to buy the Buffalo Bills and remains very interested in owning an NFL team, continues to monitor the Tennessee Titans ownership situation closely, league sources said.

The last time I was excited about the Titans was when Kerry Collins led the team to a 13-0 record before dropping 2 of the last 3 and losing in the first playoff game. Looking it up just now, I was shocked that was all the way back in 2008. It’s been a goddamn decade.
Anyone remember the last time they beat the Jaguars multiple times in the regular season? That would be 2008.
I have no doubt that no matter how good this team actually ends up being, we’ll still go 2-4 in the worst division in football.
We are the only team in the history of the NFL whose defense allowed Johnny Football to throw two TDs in the same game.
Remember in Gremlins, how Phoebe Cates’s dad dressed up in a Santa costume one Christmas Eve, slid down the chimney, and broke his neck, where he remained unnoticed until his family smelled his festering corpse? Imagine how awful and traumatic that must have been for her. Well, that’s pretty much how I felt the night that the Jacksonville Jaguars and fucking Randy Bullock stole Christmas from me.
At the end of last year’s season, all we had to do to make the playoffs was beat the Jaguars. The fucking Jaguars. We lost and our star QB broke his leg. We let Jacksonville ruin our season and Christmas.
The Past:
- The most beloved play in franchise history was an illegal forward pass. And we all know it. Does that stop me from doubling down against rabid Bills fans (inexplicably, I live in Upstate New York) every Sunday at my shitty local wing/sports bar? Hell no it doesn’t. Because that is the apex of Titans history. It never got better. And that’s all we have.
- The most notorious play in franchise history is how close we came when we LOST (read: couldn’t force overtime in) the Super Bowl.
- The most beloved player in franchise history got himself whacked on the 4th of July in what most closely resembles a bad Lifetime movie murder-suicide with his 20-year-old mistress (years after being locked out of the team facility and cut while still effective and useful)

The Present:
- Our New England retread GM drafted a 5'9" return man to start at corner, opposite Logan “third best CB on the Patriots” Ryan, who he already gave $10M/year to. Don’t forget we also plucked Jonathan Cyprien! Who’s he, you might ask? Of course a run-stopping, can’t defend the pass, box-safety who the Jaguars didn’t want. This can only end well.
- Every single Titans fan is creaming themselves this year after finally drafting/signing pass-catchers for our franchise quarterback to throw to (Davis, Taylor, Decker). Davis and Taylor spent college dominating the MAC and CUSA. And Decker is a walking injury the Jets didn’t want anymore.
- Our 2016 draft sleeper Tajae Sharpe went roadhouse on a guy’s face for heckling him about him losing playing time. Sebastian Tretola, our backup guard, apparently stood watch while Sharpe rearranged the guy’s face. Same fat backup, two months later: shot in the ankle outside a bar in Fayetteville.
- Fireworks damaged our [namebrand] Stadium. If our seats literally lighting on fire isn’t an omen, I don’t know what is.

The Future:
- We get new uniforms in 2018, which will somehow be more-dated and 90s looking than what we already trot out in. And our flaming thumbtack of a logo will remain, because fuck nice things.
- Our ownership will continue to operate against one-owner controlled NFL guidelines until the worst-kept secret in the league is spilled and the team is put up for sale. In getting what we deserve, mullet-rocker Jon Bon Jovi will buy the team and a new circle of hell will be created.
- We will continue to lose to the Colts and Texans inexplicably every season, no matter the roster construction or talent level on either sideline. Fuck the AFC South.

Darkman M

So EA sends me a free copy of Madden 18 this morning through mutrewards to bad I preordered the goat edition through PSN last night. If you play Mut check your emails.

bionic77

I saw the original airing of Blossom
We all saw it DM.

Back then there wasn't shit to do.

Weirdly I don't remember anything about the show other then her best friend being hot (and i might be wrong on that).

If you really want to get into the old game I saw Return of the Jedi in the theaters when it released.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
If you really want to get into the old game I saw Return of the Jedi in the theaters when it released.

I remember seeing Superman 2 and Empire Strikes Back in a back-to-back special showing at a drive-thru theater! One of the few memories from way back then I can still recall.

bionic77

I remember seeing Superman 2 and Empire Strikes Back in a back-to-back special showing at a drive-thru theater! One of the few memories from way back then I can still recall.
Most of the kids in my school were way more excited about Superman movies in the 80s as compared to Star Wars (they were wrong about a lot of things). Those movies were pretty huge in their day.

Thinking back it was cool having everyone experience the same shit at the same time. Something like Thriller today would be awesome.

These days the only shared experience we have seems to be Trump.

Thanks again for that Brady!

We all saw it DM.

Back then there wasn't shit to do.

Weirdly I don't remember anything about the show other then her best friend being hot (and i might be wrong on that).

I saw Empire the day it came out. Man I still remember how crazy long that line was.

JABEE

I do my best to avoid talking about the Pats these days. You have to watch yourself. One ripe joke and the avalanche begins.

bionic77

I do my best to avoid talking about the Pats these days. You have to watch yourself. One ripe joke and the avalanche begins.
You only live once.

Gata already gave all of our ISPs to his President so you may as well have fun until the Pats goons come and take us all to jail.

JABEE

Bryce Treggs was fined 25k for a block made in the preseason.

How do these fines work if you don't make the team or only make the practice squad?

There are plenty of players out there with no guaranteed money.

Rvaan

Banned
Bryce Treggs was fined 25k for a block made in the preseason.

How do these fines work if you don't make the team or only make the practice squad?

There are plenty of players out there with no guaranteed money.

I think you work a deal out with the league.

MechDX

Michael Lombardi‏Verified account @mlombardiNFL 8m8 minutes ago
More
Now that two weeks of games have almost passed, expect trade discussions to heat up--will a QB be moved? Which one?

Michael Lombardi‏Verified account @mlombardiNFL 8m8 minutes ago
More
Reality might be setting in for some teams---and some teams will try and find answers to their problems via trade.

Lombardi but eh..

OpUKXJx.png

Got damn son!

Zeke

That will be the chargers story all season I bet.
there's always SA if the chargers need to move again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom