• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 2 |OT| The Dawn of a New Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beach

How likely is Falcons-Lions to get flexed to CBS 4:30 game? Or can Fox protect it? The new flex rules are confusing as fuck.
Well Falcons-Lions is an NFC only therefore Fox only game so 0%.

And I think you're thinking of NBC that flexes games for Sunday night football

jfkgoblue

Well Falcons-Lions is an NFC only therefore Fox only game so 0%.

And I think you're thinking of NBC that flexes games for Sunday night football

No, I'm talking about the newish cross-flex rules that allows the NFL to move games that are important from the Single game network to the DH network to maximize NFL ratings. Last year we had one of the Bears game moved to CBS to accommodate this.

Looks like there is no week limit on cross-flexed games, so the NFL may be able to move it. Fox already has Sea/Ten, and CBS has the DH with absolutely no good games next week, but like I said, I have no idea if they could actually do it. Reading up on it, the NFL may be able to pull the trigger on it by moving Atl-Det to CBS 4:30 and Cin-GB to Fox 1:00.

Chris, has there been any word on Timmons?

All I know is he went to LAX to catch flight to Philly and he told his GF he needed to see her and their kid, only thing I've heard is that it's a very personal issue.

Dolphins filed missing person report and he was found at airport.

He says he's ready to come back to team and play this weekend but no word from Gase.

gutshot

Is anyone else going to make the week 3 thread or should I do it again? And are we moving to Community now or staying in OT?

effzee

Member the people who picked the Giants to win the NFC East?

Can we take a minute to laught about them?

Again they are 0-2 and the rest of the division is 1-1. It's not inconceivable that they can make up a game esp with 5 division games left.

People are overreacting. They still have the best Def, WR, and QB in the division.

Rvaan

Banned
Again they are 0-2 and the rest of the division is 1-1. It's not inconceivable that they can make up a game esp with 5 division games left.

People are overreacting. They still have the best Def, WR, and QB in the division.
That QB and WR have amounted to less than ppg over the last half season. Def is great but unless they start scoring points for the O they had better start getting use to seeing their great performances wasted.

Good morning

Member the people who picked the Giants to win the NFC East?

Can we take a minute to laught about them?
I would like to say I made that prediction while assuming Zeke was still suspended for 6 games otherwise I would have picked Cowboys. I feel like I only get laughed at

Those don't mean a thing though when Eli can't throw to Odell with that horrid oline which looks even worse than last year at least to me. Eli is a dead man walking. The D can't breathe and are gonna be sent out there to die constantly.

Right now, I would say the East is looking like.
1) Eagles (look to be the most well rounded)
2) Cowboys (that defense.. oof)
3) Racists
4) Giants

Rvaan

Banned
Is Jay Gruden the best coach in the NFC East? McAdoo is bad, Garrett is a Jerry Jones sock puppet, and Penderson is diet Andy Reid with 50% less run game. Gurden might win by default.

Duxxy3

Wow, so McAdoodoo threw Eli under the bus? A coach shifting blame to his players, that's the sign of a great coach right there.

DMVfan123

Banned
Is Jay Gruden the best coach in the NFC East? McAdoo is bad, Garrett is a Jerry Jones sock puppet, and Penderson is diet Andy Reid with 50% less run game. Gurden might win by default.

Funny, I just heard the Sports Junkies discussing this on local radio
Being the best coach in the NFC East is no high bar to clear, to put it lightly

Rvaan

Banned
Funny, I just heard the Sports Junkies discussing this on local radio
Being the best coach in the NFC East is no high bar to clear, to put it lightly

Yeah it's not something you should be touting about. I only thought about this cause both Garrett and McAdoo decided to make the tactical move of throwing their QB under the team bus this week. That's the move of a bad coach.

Why so many overreactions and writing things in stone about who sucks and who doesn't? It's week 2, relax people. Who we think is the best team today will probably get their ass handed to them at some point this year.

Having said that, the Giants look like crap so far...lol

BigAT

I think the most infuriating part of last night might have been toward the end of the first half. Lions were stopped and on 4th down and the Giants could have gotten the ball back with over a minute left on the clock and two timeouts. Instead, McAdoo let the clock run then effectively took a knee when the Giants got the ball back and went into halftime down 10, with all 3 timeouts remaining.

If your confidence in your team's offense is that low as an offensive head coach, especially when you're the one calling plays, you might as well just quit right there on the field and let a real head coach step in.

I'm used to McAdoo's generally awful play calling at this point, but that amount of cowardice was a real white flag that he has no business running the offense.

Sephzilla

It's so incredibly frustrating to be a Packer fan because the team is showing such clear signs of mis-management, but everyone keeps giving McCarthy and Thompson a free pass because they won a Super Bowl 7 years ago. Atlanta is basically what Green Bay should be, a team with a powerhouse offense and a defense that's good enough to take the pressure off the offense. Instead Green Bay keeps having the same Achilles heel every year, their defense sucks and it means Rodgers needs to score a touchdown almost every drive.

I still maintain that McCarthy is an over rated head coach and he's riding off that Super Bowl to an extent. If you subtract the Super Bowl XLV season from the equation he actually has a losing record in the playoffs (6-8, he's 10-8 w/ that playoff run) and he's 1-3 in NFC Championship Games which includes one of the all-time great playoff choke jobs and an absolute ass kicking from the Falcons. He's Andy Reid-tier when it comes to clock management, plays to not-lose in big games, becomes extremely soft with a big lead, and makes really boneheaded decisions from time to time (like never even attempting an onside kick against Atlanta in the final 6 minutes of the game).

Ted Thompson simply needs to go at this point. The draft-and-develop mindset he has isn't really working that well anymore. Why he passed on TJ Watt still baffles me. And he still generally ignores the free agency market (Adrian Peterson would look pretty decent right now)

jfkgoblue

It's so incredibly frustrating to be a Packer fan because the team is showing such clear signs of mis-management, but everyone keeps giving McCarthy and Thompson a free pass because they won a Super Bowl 7 years ago. Atlanta is basically what Green Bay should be, a team with a powerhouse offense and a defense that's good enough to take the pressure off the offense. Instead Green Bay keeps having the same Achilles heel every year, their defense sucks and it means Rodgers needs to score a touchdown almost every drive.

I still maintain that McCarthy is an over rated head coach and he's riding off that Super Bowl to an extent. If you subtract the Super Bowl XLV season from the equation he actually has a losing record in the playoffs (6-8, he's 10-8 w/ that playoff run) and he's 1-3 in NFC Championship Games which includes one of the all-time great playoff choke jobs and an absolute ass kicking from the Falcons. He's Andy Reid-tier when it comes to clock management, plays to not-lose in big games, becomes extremely soft with a big lead, and makes really boneheaded decisions from time to time (like never even attempting an onside kick against Atlanta in the final 6 minutes of the game).

Ted Thompson simply needs to go at this point. The draft-and-develop mindset he has isn't really working that well anymore. Why he passed on TJ Watt still baffles me. And he still generally ignores the free agency market (Adrian Peterson would look pretty decent right now)
Yeah I feel so sorry for Packers fans /s

Oh and is everyone ready for 28-3 vs comeback? We can call it the Meme Bowl!

DKDnUzsUEAAvzKc.jpg:large

2011 Eli should be down there instead

First one that needs to be gone is, and always has been, Dom Capers

effzee

Good morning

I would like to say I made that prediction while assuming Zeke was still suspended for 6 games otherwise I would have picked Cowboys. I feel like I only get laughed at

Those don't mean a thing though when Eli can't throw to Odell with that horrid oline which looks even worse than last year at least to me. Eli is a dead man walking. The D can't breathe and are gonna be sent out there to die constantly.

Right now, I would say the East is looking like.
1) Eagles (look to be the most well rounded)
2) Cowboys (that defense.. oof)
3) Racists
4) Giants

Again its been only 2 weeks and the Giants lost to two good teams. Its not like they are the Bengals or Jets. And the rest of the division is only 1 game ahead. Plenty time to correct their issues.

The line was an issue all last season and they still won. They need to scheme for better protection, which they can do with keeping a TE in to block and the back chipping.

I bet this adjustment takes place this coming weekend. Now if they lose to Philly and then have to go to TB at 0-3, I'd say they are close to done.

Right now as an Eagles fan I am worried the Giants are going to go all out and destroy the Eagles. Early prediction is Giants 34, Eagles 13

I think the most infuriating part of last night might have been toward the end of the first half. Lions were stopped and on 4th down and the Giants could have gotten the ball back with over a minute left on the clock and two timeouts. Instead, McAdoo let the clock run then effectively took a knee when the Giants got the ball back and went into halftime down 10, with all 3 timeouts remaining.

If your confidence in your team's offense is that low as an offensive head coach, especially when you're the one calling plays, you might as well just quit right there on the field and let a real head coach step in.

I'm used to McAdoo's generally awful play calling at this point, but that amount of cowardice was a real white flag that he has no business running the offense.

3rd & 13

Draw play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom