• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 2 |OT| The Dawn of a New Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Euron

Nice job LionsGAF. If only we were able to give you guys a competitive game the whole way. I really want to see you guys make a run this year and hopefully Davis will be back soon.

well yea Eli was a major contributor to those 2 super bowl rings. It's not like he was trent dilfer.

He gets as much credit as the defense.

but lets be real. other than those 2 seasons and those 2 rings, he's fairly inconsistent and overall very medicore if not terrible. His best stat is probably how many games he has played consecutively. lol. But yea, he is obviously going to be in the HOF, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's first ballot.

Since the SB year, 2011, Eli hasn't had an offensive line, the GM has fail year after year to fix it, Coughlin was basically fired when he wasn't the problem, Giants have a tradition of not firing GMs, but have no problems firing 2 time SB winning HC, hired a fucking hack HC, and the GM put the same horrible offensive line from last year back on the field, saying they have to play better, mother fucker they suck they can get any better...

PS:2011 SB year Giants was dead last in rushing that season, but they could pass block, Eli put the team on his back that year and carried them to the playoffs at 9-7, defense was porous for most of the season, until the playoffs.

effzee

Great now a desperate Giants team is going to feast on the Eagles.

Eagles will most likely be without their starting CB, FS, and will face a healthy OBJ.

I see the Giants exploding for 30+

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I still can't tell if this team is good or just faced two horrible teams.

effzee

I know there will be a lot of takes on the Giants, but credit where credit is due, the Lions looked really good in all phases of the game. Very impressed with their D line.

Euron

Eagles will most likely be without their starting CB, FS, and will face a healthy OBJ.

Eli won't have more than 2 seconds to throw thanks to the D-line. And the Giants never win in Philly.

Duxxy3

Head coach's gotta throw someone under the bus...

Just doesn't seem like organizations have any sort of patience.

They're always blowing things up and moving on. Highly touted assistants get a chance for a little bit, and if they can't figure everything out within a short period of time... they're gone.

lol this is very kind of you but c'mon dawg you know how these matchups go

That first game against Wentz last season was like the last time I remember the Giants looking at ALL competent against the Eagles and while that was mostly the defense Carson was still pretty much learning how the team worked and he was ready that second matchup

Doorman

lol well this wins the award for most random and bizarre thing to happen coming from this game. I'm not sure if I should take it as a good or a bad sign.

I still can't tell if this team is good or just faced two horrible teams.

I know the feeling, and I know when it comes to the Lions I definitely lean on the pessimistic side around here...but somehow this game leaves me notably more encouraged than I felt after the Arizona win. Even if the Giants are slowly descending into dumpster-fire territory, this was a game where we went on the road, on a prime-time night game, against a team that definitely needed this win to avoid said dumpster-fire status, and led the game from beginning to end. That's...really not something to normally expect from the Lions. They exposed and exploited a few weaknesses and made some genuine plays amongst some of the penalties and fuckery. The running game still isn't where it needs to be, but it's showing a bit of promise at least, and should only get better as most of the line works together longer and hopefully gels (and getting Decker back will be helpful). Defensively there are still some question marks from a talent standpoint, but you know what...they're making it work somehow.

I'm not gonna go so far as to predict a win against Atlanta, seeing as their offense seems to be firing on all cylinders already, but I feel now like there's an actual shot at them finishing above .500, which I wasn't exactly calling for at the start of the year, so that's something.

jfkgoblue

lol well this wins the award for most random and bizarre thing to happen coming from this game. I'm not sure if I should take it as a good or a bad sign.

I know the feeling, and I know when it comes to the Lions I definitely lean on the pessimistic side around here...but somehow this game leaves me notably more encouraged than I felt after the Arizona win. Even if the Giants are slowly descending into dumpster-fire territory, this was a game where we went on the road, on a prime-time night game, against a team that definitely needed this win to avoid said dumpster-fire status, and led the game from beginning to end. That's...really not something to normally expect from the Lions. They exposed and exploited a few weaknesses and made some genuine plays amongst some of the penalties and fuckery. The running game still isn't where it needs to be, but it's showing a bit of promise at least, and should only get better as most of the line works together longer and hopefully gels (and getting Decker back will be helpful). Defensively there are still some question marks from a talent standpoint, but you know what...they're making it work somehow.

I'm not gonna go so far as to predict a win against Atlanta, seeing as their offense seems to be firing on all cylinders already, but I feel now like there's an actual shot at them finishing above .500, which I wasn't exactly calling for at the start of the year, so that's something.
We had nearly 140 yards rushing, which is absolutely solid.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Lost to the Lions? Best the Giants can hope for is a Browns perfect record.

I'm pretty sure I'd start every Steeler o-lineman over those stiffs NY have at tackle.

effzee

I know this much if Dougie P doesn't get it that they have to run then I see the Giants d line destroying Wentz. He holds it forever and the supposed great Eagles line is very leaky.

Lions were able to run and while eagles don't have near the same talent at RB, they need to establish a back.

FTF

lol yeah ok. This Giants team that's averaging 6.5 ppg, will not have a completely healthy obj, coming off a short week and playing on the road...they'll be lucky to score 20 and will mostly likely be 0-3.

Under HC McAdoo Giants have failed to score 30 points in game, 19 straight games( including 1 playoff game) when he was the OC Giants were 4th in scoring(26/game) with Flowers on the line..

Striker

Under HC McAdoo Giants have failed to score 30 points in game, 19 straight games( including 1 playoff game) when he was the OC Giants were 4th in scoring(26/game) with Flowers on the line..
Ben was critical of Eli in his press conference again and would deflect criticism on the line, notably Flowers. I know Eli can handle that, he's an adult, but coach was doing this in January too. Shit is tiresome.

DKDnUzsUEAAvzKc.jpg:large

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Just to clarify it looks like Scarramucci followed Justin Rogers (Detroit News), Kyle Mienke (MLive), Mike Rothstein (ESPN Lions), Dave Dirkett (Detroit Free Press) and maybe some other Lions beat writers?

It's odd to say the least.

effzee

lol yeah ok. This Giants team that's averaging 6.5 ppg, will not have a completely healthy obj, coming off a short week and playing on the road...they'll be lucky to score 20 and will mostly likely be 0-3.

But they aren't going to stay this bad, Wentz is still only in year 2, and Giants are going to be super motivated and desperate.

jfkgoblue

How likely is Falcons-Lions to get flexed to CBS 4:30 game? Or can Fox protect it? The new flex rules are confusing as fuck.

EDIT: looks like it can't be flexed? flex doesn't start till week 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom