• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 2 |OT| The Dawn of a New Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky Chief

Man, offenses around the league still look so sloppy. It just really feels like the level of play is a lot lower this season. Lots of really bad football. And the Cowboys suck.

Man, offenses around the league still look so sloppy. It just really feels like the level of play is a lot lower this season. Lots of really bad football. And the Cowboys suck.

I read somewhere that how the College game is played now (more read option, less pro style) is having a direct impact on the quality of NFL play, mainly focused on offensive line.

What a terrible final drive by the Packers. Were they looking at the clock at all?
They ran sprint outs like 3 or 4 times trying to give Rodgers time to take shots downfield, there was nothing there -- probably because they couldn't give him any space to step up into a throw.

Atl just beat them.

Drove to Indianapolis to watch the Colts home opener, surprisingly was a great game but goddammit Jacoby Brissett threw his first INT at the worst time possible.

Colts won't go 0-16 but I won't be surprised if Cleveland is favored next week.

Striker

I read somewhere that how the College game is played now (more read option, less pro style) is having a direct impact on the quality of NFL play, mainly focused on offensive line.
Teams seem to be passing more in college so players coming out feel much more prepared.

As for OL's, training camp shortening has done a number on it. NFLPA is safe to blame for that.

Jarate

Banned

The College game has completely shit on the quality of players. You got kids wasting 3-4 years of development because college coaches don't value player development and make them run their weird gimmicky offenses.

The NFL needs to make a development league super bad. Teach these kids at 18 what it means to be a player. Fuck the NCAA

cdyhybrid

So Paul Richardson dislocated his finger on the first drive (bone outside the skin dislocated), got it sewn up and fixed in the locker room, and came back to catch the winning TD.

Geez.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Teams seem to be passing more in college so players coming out feel much more prepared.

As for OL's, training camp shortening has done a number on it. NFLPA is safe to blame for that.

And then, everyone is afraid to play their starters in the preseason so all the offenses are out of sync. I'm looking at you, Roethlisberger!

Well i am glad i didnt stay up for the Cowboys shit show that turned out even worse than i expected.

If we cant turn it around after this showing its gonna be a loooong season that is 8-8 at very best. But we arent New England that comes back swinging after getting our asses handed.

Drove to Indianapolis to watch the Colts home opener, surprisingly was a great game but goddammit Jacoby Brissett threw his first INT at the worst time possible.

Colts won't go 0-16 but I won't be surprised if Cleveland is favored next week.
They won't go 0-16. Colts still own the Titans

Joe Schad‏Verified account @schadjoe

Melvin Gordon said the StubHub Center in Carson, Calif., was 50 percent Miami Dolphins fans

Joe Schad‏Verified account @schadjoe

Philip Rivers: "There certainly were a lot of Dolphins fans. I think we're fairly used to that."

This Chargers situation is insane

That stadium was 70k seats. They couldn't fill a 27k seat stadium where half the fans were Dolphins fans, that's ridiculous. We are talking about there being 13k Chargers fans for their home opener, that is a gigantic red flag

Well that's not a surprise, LA doesn't want the chargers. This is raider country followed by the Rams and then college football. The chargers have no business being here. But their home games feeling like away/neutral site games were a problem in SD too,

Vectorman

Banned
Well that's not a surprise, LA doesn't want the chargers. This is raider country followed by the Rams and then college football. The chargers have no business being here. But their home games feeling like away/neutral site games were a problem in SD too,

That was because the owner Spanos continued to sabotage his own team by doing bad personnel changes as well as continually threaten to leave for LA multiple times. Not to mention the final lackhearted effort to stay by basically telling the city to give up prime real estate and get nothing in return. The man just never felt like he actually liked the San Diego community and the team was just a business venture instead of somethinghe could have passionately thrown himself into. Also the team itself continued to wallow in mediocrity.

That was because the owner Spanos continued to sabotage his own team by doing bad personnel changes as well as continually threaten to leave for LA multiple times. Not to mention the final lackhearted effort to stay by basically telling the city to give up prime real estate and get nothing in return. The man just never felt like he actually liked the San Diego community and the team was a just a business venture. Also the team itself continued to wallow in mediocrity.

Yeah I know the reasons, I'm just saying it's not something new to LA.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
What exactly is a Charger fan? They're a team without a fanbase at this point. At least the Rams got a few nostalgic fans hanging around but the Chargers don't even have that.

Put the Chargers in a close knit midwest city that doesn't have anything else.

They'll have nothing else so they'll have to show up to games.

squicken

What does all this mean? It means what Zimmer is saying actually can make sense.

He is saying Bradford is fine in the big picture.His ACL is OK, there is no meniscus tear and no issue with scarring that needs surgery.

He cannot be sure when Bradford will play again, because he can't predict when the swelling will go down.The likelihood is the swelling is due to wear and tear of cartilage, as is common after the trauma of two ACL surgeries.

It is likely Bradford will receive a cortisone or other injection to calm down the knee.

He will be ready to go as soon as the swelling is controlled
------
https://twitter.com/inbeastitrust/status/909574131951243265

“The idea was to make Prescott beat us because we knew he couldn’t.”

—Denver defensive end Derek Wolfe to Mike Klis of KUSA-TV, after Dallas quarterback Dak Prescott struggled in a 42-17 Broncos’ win Sunday.

Nothing sweeter than than a Monday morning with wailing UT and Cowboys fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom