• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 2 |OT| The Dawn of a New Era

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning

One to kill Dan Gilbert and Make LeBron the owner
One to fix IT's hips
One to make LeBron stay in Cleveland

We don't need dragon balls for the Browns. We're already doing it. We're #RespectingtheProcess

Should have made IT taller , hips can be fixed by surgery
I approve those other two, Dan Gilbert will sell the time when those ad revenue from jerseys go low af

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Everyone I know who's been to MBS now for any kind of event NFL, CFB, MLS ect... have all said the same things.

Stadium is rediculously nice. Food top tier. Getting out of the stadium sucks.

Then the big one is who the fuck designed the Holo Board? People say it's cool in theory, and the screens are insane to look at. Yet the opening for the new dome is only a small hole over the middle of the field, and the screens are crazy high up. Like you have to lean back and look up. They aren't easily viewable at all. Plus I've heard multiple said the board op sucks as half the time it doesn't display the relevant info they want.

I get they didn't want to pull a Dallas where kickers are hitting the view board over the field, but they went the opposite way where you can't see shit now unless you lay back.

MechDX

Texans @ Patriots had me all excited during the off season.

Now I think I will just make alternative plans for next Sunday. The Pats have no damn pass rush to speak of but the Texans o line will make them the second coming of the 85 Bears. While OB wont change up shit on offense and keep running Lamar Miller up the middle for 2 yard gains.

yay.

Rvaan

Banned
Texans @ Patriots had me all excited during the off season.

Now I think I will just make alternative plans for next Sunday. The Pats have no damn pass rush to speak of but the Texans o line will make them the second coming of the 85 Bears. While OB wont change up shit on offense and keep running Lamar Miller up the middle for 2 yard gains.

yay.
I'll be watching this game with a bottle of vodka next to me.

I really have no idea. Zimmer said it's non-surgical , and he has never missed a game b/c of the knee since coming back. So why now? All there is are internet doctors opining
I think the most telling thing is it just happened. Bradford was fine during the opening day game and shortly after, then all of a sudden his knee is so swollen he can't play. As someone who's had his fair share of knee injuries I can tell you that once they get damaged enough to swell from trauma it takes less trauma to make them swell again. Bradford better get used to the word cortisone.

Jarnet87

It pleases me to see Sean Payton failing with hall of famer Drew Brees at the helm, I can only imagine how terrible of a coach he will look once Brees retires.

Rvaan

Banned
It pleases me to see Sean Payton failing with hall of famer Drew Brees at the helm, I can only imagine how terrible of a coach he will look once Brees retires.
Lol. You think he stays if Brees leaves? He'll leave and go end being the HC for the Colts.

Bengals/Packers next Sunday

Whatever's going to happen with Dalton and/or Marvin, I can see it happening as early as that night if they can't score a TD against fucking Dom Capers Defense

DKArJ1UXoAEKNle.jpg:large

gutshot

Eagles game thoughts:

- I was fine with the loss going in, but being tied with 6 mins remaining and then giving up 14 quick points stings a bit. Yeah, the Eagles almost had a miraculous comeback even then, but they were very much in the game up until those last 6 mins and could have pulled off the upset.

- Wentz looked like Wentz. Which means a lot of great plays, but some pretty bad ones as well. I find the Wentz hate perplexing. If you listened to the haters, you would think Wentz was one of the bottom 5 QBs in the league. The reality is he is near the middle (#13 in ANY/A, #14 in Rating, #15 in QBR), but for a second-year QB who has all the tools and will continue to develop, that is pretty good.

- The defense played great up until those last 6 mins. Considering they were dealing with a depleted secondary, and having to defend some short fields, I can't fault them too much. Rookie CB Rasul Douglas looked great and I'm thinking he might end up starting sooner than later. The front seven continues to dominate. Eli is in for a world of hurt next week.

Overall, this loss isn't the end of the world. They went on the road, against a tough AFC West opponent, and were in it until the end. That's better than what the Cowboys managed. If they can beat the Giants next week, they will be in good shape in the division.

Pepiope

Eagles game thoughts:

- I was fine with the loss going in, but being tied with 6 mins remaining and then giving up 14 quick points stings a bit. Yeah, the Eagles almost had a miraculous comeback even then, but they were very much in the game up until those last 6 mins and could have pulled off the upset.

- Wentz looked like Wentz. Which means a lot of great plays, but some pretty bad ones as well. I find the Wentz hate perplexing. If you listened to the haters, you would think Wentz was one of the bottom 5 QBs in the league. The reality is he is near the middle (#13 in ANY/A, #14 in Rating, #15 in QBR), but for a second-year QB who has all the tools and will continue to develop, that is pretty good.

- The defense played great up until those last 6 mins. Considering they were dealing with a depleted secondary, and having to defend some short fields, I can't fault them too much. Rookie CB Rasul Douglas looked great and I'm thinking he might end up starting sooner than later. The front seven continues to dominate. Eli is in for a world of hurt next week.

Overall, this loss isn't the end of the world. They went on the road, against a tough AFC West opponent, and were in it until the end. That's better than what the Cowboys managed. If they can beat the Giants next week, they will be in good shape in the division.
The thing with Wentz is they aren't protecting him at all. You are seeing Carson Wentz on full display, the bad and the good. He has no help on the ground and he's expected to play Superman each week. I was hoping this season would be different but it's looking like more of the same.

He's being treated like Andrew luck and I don't like it.

effzee

On the Eagles....where to begin where to begin.

First of all the positives. They were very competitive against a really good team in their home opener in one of the toughest places to play. Esp the D. The final score is not indicative of just how well the D played. In the first half, they really beat up Alex Smith and forced KC to go to a really quick release short passing game to avoid the DLINE from destroying Alex.

The offense at times looked like how I think it can be. Wentz was Wentz. Some good stuff and some stuff he still needs to work on. I love that they take shots deep but yesterday he was too locked in on Alshon to the point he missed some wide open WRs.

Similarly, he has the ability and had the opportunity to run for some crucial first down but just opted not to. He really needs to either throw within his first 2-3 reads or then take off. He took some really bad sacks yesterday because he held on forever.

Not that the line was great. Our LG was a turnstile.

BUT the # issue for me is and was for FUCKING 14 years with Reid is just a complete lack of desire to run the ball. Holy shit I was so livid in the 2nd half when it was like Reid was coaching both teams. We went through this for 14 years and its back all over again. It was never more than a 3pt or 4 pt game until the 4th quarter. Yet in the 2nd half the Eagles completely gave up on even trying to run. Your 2nd year QB who is still learning, shouldn't be throwing 45 times against a great D.

WTF PEDERSON? This is what Howie and Lurie wanted back? Reid was stubborn with his play calling, Chip was stuck to his system, and now we are back to Reid again. Where is the situational football? The in-game management to counter what KC is doing?

This was such a winnable game. Missing opportunities, settling for 3s, not running the ball at all to remove the pressure from a young QB, and then terrible mistakes by the young QB.

I feel like this is the twilight zone. Pederson is literally Reid and has no vision of his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom