• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 6 |OT| Fulfill Your Destiny

Browns have #1 on lock. Brutal team. No QB, no coach, front office overwhelmed. But next year will be better #TrustTheProcess
Cleveland to hire Sam Hinkie confirmed?

he'd probably draft better than most.

Jim Harbaugh escaping Michigan to come to The Cleve. You heard it here first.
No.. let him rot and make Meatchicken fans actually pine for Hoke the Joke as their emperor continues to reveal he has no clothes.

dolphins_falcons_football_71934229.jpg

Generate

Banned
I knew the Giants were going to win last night. Everybody was talking about a beatdown and new players etc but this is the NFL and the Giants still have pride and talent. Denver still has an unproven young QB so he is bound to have some off games and Giants defense came to play.

Tom Penny

Wat is this bullshit

"I think it may be time for a radical rule change, one that makes hits like Barr’s illegal. It may be time for the NFL to consider dramatically expand the roughing the passer rules, and treat quarterbacks like kickers and punters: Basically, you can’t hit them at all once they’ve thrown a pass"

The Rodgers injury is huge for the NFL as a whole. So many inconsistent and just flat out bad teams this year, the league needed the Packers to be good.

Who is actually good this season? Eagles, Chiefs, and Patriots, sort of? Oof.

squicken

It's crazy how impressive Watson looks in so few starts. The inside zone runs are working just like Chip Kelly foresaw they could from an NFL spread. Aside from a couple peak Schaub years they have never had a good offense. Seattle will be a tough test in 2 weeks

Sephzilla

My Facebook feed today is full of Kaepernick vs Romo debates. If the Packers had a better offensive line I would say they should try to talk Romo out of the booth. But with the current offensive line I think Kaepernick would be a better option simply because he's more mobile, and Romo signing with the Packers might be a death sentence behind that line.

The reality is McCarthy and Thompson are probably going to stick with Hundley because they have the stupid "stick with our guy" mindset even though Hundley was overthrowing screen passes by 10 yards and attempting passes when he had zero feet on the ground yesterday

MechDX

It's crazy how impressive Watson looks in so few starts. The inside zone runs are working just like Chip Kelly foresaw they could from an NFL spread. Aside from a couple peak Schaub years they have never had a good offense. Seattle will be a tough test in 2 weeks

Two most pressured QB's in the league. Watson and Wilson

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Romo ain’t coming out of that booth after being the best color guy since Madden. Kids are going to know him for his commentary long after everyone forgot he played for the Cowboys.

Kaepernick is the best choice honestly. He’s from Wisconsin, it’s a high profile landing spot to silence critics, and McCarthy could probably win games with him.

I feel like if the Packers don’t hire Kaep, the whole thing is going to look way worse than it is

Pepiope

Wat is this bullshit

"I think it may be time for a radical rule change, one that makes hits like Barr’s illegal. It may be time for the NFL to consider dramatically expand the roughing the passer rules, and treat quarterbacks like kickers and punters: Basically, you can’t hit them at all once they’ve thrown a pass"
I said that yesterday. Too many quarterbacks are going down, and ratings go down with it. At some point the NFL will make a change for "player safety".

Two hand touch the QB for a sack.

Tom Penny

I said that yesterday. Too many quarterbacks are going down, and ratings go down with it. At some point the NFL will make a change for "player safety".

Shit is hilarious to me because if you are a RB they don't give a flying fuck about your safety.

Pepiope

Shit is hilarious to me because if you are a RB they don't give a flying fuck about your safety.
Ya. Offenses will just continue to get better. Imagine a QB who sits in the pocket knowing that he doesn't have to worry about taking a shot from a defender.

It's coming.

squicken

Two most pressured QB's in the league. Watson and Wilson

I don’t love pressure stats because some QBs hold the ball too long and take hits they shouldn’t. I think it’s just one of those things you have to see. Like I know that Seattle has a crap line and Wilson is running for his life. Watson isn’t under near the duress

Sephzilla

As much as I'd like to see Romo come in and be some kind of Packers savior, he's the best color commentary guy in football right now

MechDX

Peter King MMQB

• Deshaun Watson is as unique a rookie as I remember in the NFL. Think of Watson since he's been drafted. He worker-beed his way through training camp, giving deference to nominal starter Tom Savage. He donated his first game check to three lunch ladies with the Texans who suffered losses in the big Houston flood. He struggled to beat the Bengals in his first start, dueled Tom Brady to a close loss in his second start, then threw 12 touchdown passes in his past three games. As you read this, Watson, who might have spent the year on the bench if Savage had torn up foes in September, leads the NFL in TD throws, with 15. And on Sunday, before the game against Cleveland, he wore a Warren Moon jersey in honor of the best quarterback in franchise history. ”So much he did for this organization—I just wanted to show my appreciation for everything he's done, and for paving the way for future quarterbacks," Watson told me after the game. That's what I mean: He says the right things, does the right things, and plays the right way. He said he isn't surprised at his early success, and he doesn't know why his adjustment has been so seamless. I'll give you one clue: There's one person on this planet who's twice thrown for 400 yards against a Nick Saban-coached defense—Watson, at Clemson. Football's football. ”The reason I'm not surprised is because of the preparation and the mindset I have," Watson said. Watching him now, he still might lock onto his first read too regularly, but he's so confident and plays so fast that you figure his progressions will come in time. In his last three games, he's playing to a 118.3 rating, ridiculous for a rookie. But postgame Sunday, what he was thinking about was the pick-six he threw to Cleveland cornerback Jason McCourty, even after his fourth straight strong performance. ”I'm really upset about that pick-six," he said. ”I was pissed off. I hate turning the ball over. That's going to stick with me." Music to his coaches' ears.

The bolded is what will take Watson places. Most young QB's responses would be "Well it was one bad play look at the rest of my stats!". Great QB's look at that one nagging mistake and it eats at them to not make it again.

I never doubted Watsons drive just his physical abilities but I NEVER expected him to do what he is doing.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

We lost RG3 and are losing Andrew Luck do to injuries. Entire QB careers (and therefore potential dollars) are going down the toilet.

The league will have to do something and it’s gonna suck.

Top Bottom