• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

I've spent more time on the 360 than I have with any other console ever. The DS and PSP both went out the door when I picked up an iPod Touch, and now the iPad. I just couldn't see myself carrying a phone, and iOS device AND a portable game console. Only so much room in my pockets.

Therefore, no interest in the 3DS or the Vita. Maybe I'm missing out, but oh well. There's only so many hours in the day.

cajunator

Banned
I'll be picking up Xenoblade Chronicles when it comes out soon, but I really don't know how to play it. It was more to support the game and the company. however its so fucking pretty I'm going to give it a shot.

I also picked up a 3DS for Kid Icarus and Mario recently, and I'm enjoying KI a lot, even as a leftie.

I want a Vita for LBP and Gravity Daze/whatever but I ain't throwing $300 around any time soon.

The only way I'm playing Xenoblade soon is if I can get Dolphin running on this comp. I haven't turned on my Wii since Mario Kart and when I went to look for it in its box in the closet it wasn't there. For all I know, the cats dragged it under the porch and are shitting in it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I've spent more time on the 360 than I have with any other console ever. The DS and PSP both went out the door when I picked up an iPod Touch, and now the iPad. I just couldn't see myself carrying a phone, and iOS device AND a portable game console. Only so much room in my pockets.

Therefore, no interest in the 3DS or the Vita. Maybe I'm missing out, but oh well. There's only so many hours in the day.

You ain't missing much. Not yet anyway.

Love my Vita as a piece of tech. It's really something else, one of the better pieces of tech I've bought. I've enjoyed a lot of the games but it's hit a pretty big lull which is normal for most systems. Really wish Gravity Daze was out already.

Bought a 3DS the other day. Incredibly disappointed with the system itself. I know Nintendo is always approximately 5 years behind with tech but the thing is really weak in every possible way. It feels uncomfortable to hold like a cheap toy does, the battery life is somehow worse than on my Vita, the slider pad sucks, the screens are awful, the 3D image breaks if you move the screen half an inch and the UI is so unbelievably shitty along with the most archaic online system I've ever seen. I should have waited for the revision.

KI is really fun though. Good stuff. Looking forward to playing through Mario 3D and Tales of the Abyss at some point too.

snesfreak

Banned
Bought a 3DS the other day. Incredibly disappointed with the system itself. I know Nintendo is always approximately 5 years behind with tech but the thing is really weak in every possible way. It feels uncomfortable to hold like a cheap toy does, the battery life is somehow worse than on my Vita, the slider pad sucks, the screens are awful, the 3D image breaks if you move the screen half an inch and the UI is so unbelievably shitty along with the most archaic online system I've ever seen. I should have waited for the revision.
Holy hyperbole Batman!

bionic77

I can't believe people actually play the lottery.

I need to start selling you fools land on the moon, ownership of a bridge or a hot Wisconsin wife.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I can't believe people actually play the lottery.

I need to start selling you fools land on the moon, ownership of a bridge or a hot Wisconsin wife.

I think the hilarious part is that people are more interested in playing when its 600 million. As if 60 million wasn't good enough to buy a lotto ticket for.

But yeah I don't get why people play Lotto either. Go put the money in a piggy bank, buy yourself some beer, donate it to charity or whatever.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I think the hilarious part is that people are more interested in playing when its 600 million. As if 60 million wasn't good enough to buy a lotto ticket for.

But yeah I don't get why people play Lotto either. Go put the money in a piggy bank, buy yourself some beer, donate it to charity or whatever.

There's nothing wrong with buying one ticket.

Everything more than one is a tax on people who were awful at math.

Heh PC, I upgraded mine and spend most of my time on it browsing GAF or playing old games :jnc

Yeah, more or less the same here. Got a new laptop last year and wound up playing shit like the old Flatout games and was just amazed that I could get Revolt running on it. That and of course got most of my emulators up and running. I have Steam and bought stuff mega cheap, but I never have any desire to play the stuff for longer than a few gaming sessions. Not sure if it's that the new games don't interest me or just tired of the PC interface. 1998 to 2004, that was my PC gaming golden days. I also no longer have the patience for updating drivers and/or tweaking Windows to get maximum performance. Or cruising message boards for hours just to find out why a certain game shits the bed on a certain level.

This gen I spent the most time on the PS3 mainly for the Sony stuff, Uncharted, God of War, Wipeout, GT5, Twisted Metal....an amazing third party game like Red Dead was a nice bonus. And I've never been a portable gamer, got hardly any use out of my PSP.

Drakeon

There's nothing wrong with buying one ticket.

Everything more than one is a tax on people who were awful at math.

Agreed. 1 ticket doesn't hurt, but the people buying $40, 80 or even 100's of dollars (or thousands) are just throwing money down the toilet.

eznark

Banned
:jnc at complaining about the 3DS UI and not the Vita UI. They are functionally identical, except that you can at least adjust the 3DS to have more icons on the screen.

The lottery is a tax on stupid people. Generally I am vehemently anti-tax, but I make an exception in this case.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
:jnc at complaining about the 3DS UI and not the Vita UI. They are functionally identical, except that you can at least adjust the 3DS to have more icons on the screen.

The lottery is a tax on stupid people. Generally I am vehemently anti-tax, but I make an exception in this case.

Dunno find the Vita UI to be much more accessible. 10 icons a page and you can sort it however you want and flip through the pages and flip through different windows with a quick swipe. But yeah they're kind of the same thing.

The worst experience with the 3DS I've had so far was trying to find where the hell the Kid Icarus videos were for a good 20 minutes. Evidently Nintendo's video store only keeps 4 videos up at a time. I could watch Part 2 to one of the KI shorts but couldn't find Part 1 because I bought my 3DS too late. And evidently the videos on your card automatically delete too. So mind boggling.

eznark

Banned
I should frame and hang my lottery ticket on the wall, it's worth the same as Packer stock.

Well, if you frame your lottery ticket and display it on your wall, you are getting the same utility as I get from Packer stock, yes. Fine art. I wouldn't expect a fifth generation coal miner to understand.

LJ11

Holy hyperbole Batman!

Seems about right to me, worst Nintendo product since the Virtual Boy.

I'd try to buy a piece of the Bills if I ever won some ridiculous pool ie a billion. Don't play the lotto but I'll make an exception if it gets that high.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
If no one wins, I can't believe it the next jackpot will be a little over a billion dollars...

As it is, I feel bad for whoever wins (okay not a whole lot) in that I wonder if some crazy lunatic is going to go after them!

DMczaf

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/30/team-by-team-cap-room-as-of-march-30/

Team-by-team cap room, as of March 30

Bengals: $20.5 million.

Jaguars: $20.2 million.

Seahawks: $18.9 million.

Browns: $18.5 million.

Titans: $18.4 million.

Buccaneers: $18.3 million.

Chiefs: $17.0 million.

Eagles: $16.2 million.

Vikings: $14.5 million.

Broncos: $13.8 million.

Colts: $10.6 million.

Patriots: $9.9 million.

Bills: $9.7 million.

Jets: $7.6 million.

Redskins: $7.6 million.

Dolphins: $6.4 million.

Steelers: $5.8 million.

Chargers: $5.6 million.

49ers: $5.3 million.

Lions: $4.5 million.

Rams: $4.3 million.

Texans: $3.5 million.

Bears: $3.5 million.

Packers: $3.4 million.

Giants: $3.4 million.

Raiders: $3.4 million

Cardinals: $2.1 million.

Cowboys: $2.1 million.

Falcons: $1.8 million.

Ravens: $1.7 million.

Saints: $1.4 million.

Panthers: $623,000.

Still enough for next year's FA crop!

LJ11

DS Phat and the DSi were significantly worse. 3DS is fantastic in comparison.

Yeah, the fat was a terrible load, too big but I think it was a well conceived product for the most part. Size was the issue.

I don't even know what the DSi really did other than add an unnecessary camera, oh and the higher price.

Here's my beef with the 3DS, no second analog stick, shittier battery life than just about any other handheld, and a 3D feature that isn't really necessary. They have two different attachments for the thing. WTF is the stand for, so you won't fuck up the 3D while playing?

When it's redesigned, it'll be a better system. Not arguing against it's library, just the system itself. It felt rushed to me, 3D is throwaway.

Wow, thats about 3 months worth of gaming talk on GAF, for me anyway.

eznark

Banned
I've never had a problem with the battery life. No idea why. Could see that sucking though. Maybe the Zelda version got a super battery.

This game has a very strong start for a jrpg.

Narag

They have two different attachments for the thing. WTF is the stand for, so you won't fuck up the 3D while playing?

I think it was because Kid Icarus had some whacked out control schemes that they felt it was necessary. I do appreciate the stability it brings and I don't get the god awful hand cramping I did without it but it does strike me as Virtual Boy 2.0 a little too much when used that way.

Drakeon

I think it was because Kid Icarus had some whacked out control schemes that they felt it was necessary. I do appreciate the stability it brings and I don't get the god awful hand cramping I did without it but it does strike me as Virtual Boy 2.0 a little too much when used that way.

I've heard it's really bad on your wrist/hand without the stand, thus why its packed in. Granted I have no experience with it myself, just mainly going off what Brad from Giantbomb said.

So does anyone think RG3 will be a bust? Washington is a pretty bad team but I think he can be a good QB. Cam Newton level? Nah...

snes: ok that Community ep was amazing. "Come on Subway, there's no way you're 5'10!" ahaha

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
So does anyone think RG3 will be a bust? Washington is a pretty bad team but I think he can be a good QB. Cam Newton level? Nah...

snes: ok that Community ep was amazing. "Come on Subway, there's no way you're 5'10!" ahaha

Yeah he might be. Washington is just bad in general though.

squicken

He is a very good fit for the Denver offense. He gets to move and throw deep, which are his two biggest strengths. Griffin hurt his knee in college and isn't built to take big hits. If he busts, imo, it will be b/c of injury.

Afrikan

With all this talk about RG3, I can't wait to see Kaepernick compete for the 9ers starting role. Sure Alex most likely will win it by playing conservative. But hopefully Kaep stands out in OTAs, camp, and the preseason.

With all this talk about RG3, I can't wait to see Kaepernick compete for the 9ers starting role. Sure Alex most likely will win it by playing conservative. But hopefully Kaep stands out in OTAs, camp, and the preseason.

kap has a loooooooooooooooooong way to go. he couldn't even complete a simple fucking handoff against the bucs (ran into the runningback twice when he was turning around to give the ball to him). also throws the ball at 1 speed (100 mph). his drop backs are pretty bad because he doesn't get enough depth. take a look at some of his 3 step drops.... they are so short that even though he's a tall guy the ball gets easily knocked down because he's so close to the line of scrimmage.

i know he was a rookie so i'm willing to cut him some slack but i think he's still at least a year away from starting and it has nothing to do with alex's conservative manner

snesfreak

Banned
FMT is back!

It seems I'm a bit behind on GAF today.
image.php

Vesmir

Banned
You know what? Ive been a lurker for forever but NOT ANYMORE
yahoo.com
Atlanta, Seattle top list of America’s most miserable sports cities
The “top” five:

1. Atlanta – championship round record: 1-5
2. Seattle – championship round record: 1-3
3. Phoenix – championship round record: 1-3
4. Buffalo – championship round record: 2-6
5. San Diego – championship round record: 1-7
• See more cities

We're not #1!!!!! EAT IT FALCONS FAN
LA needs a team :(
and NO THANKS to 49rs and raiders, i dont want to get disappointed and or shanked
maybe with MVFLYNN we will get somewhere like
2nd
place!
out

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
You know what? Ive been a lurker for forever but NOT ANYMORE
yahoo.com
Atlanta, Seattle top list of America’s most miserable sports cities
The “top” five:

1. Atlanta – championship round record: 1-5
2. Seattle – championship round record: 1-3
3. Phoenix – championship round record: 1-3
4. Buffalo – championship round record: 2-6
5. San Diego – championship round record: 1-7
• See more cities

We're not #1!!!!! EAT IT FALCONS FAN
LA needs a team :(
and NO THANKS to 49rs and raiders, i dont want to get disappointed and or shanked
maybe with MVFLYNN we will get somewhere like
2nd
place!
out

San Diego has the worst record but is definitely the nicest place to live on that list. Welcome to nfl-gaf.

That's the new, inclusive, non-insular chuck

Another Seahawks fan? You should look up Jakncoke, she's also a big Seahawks fan.

Also, welcome to our happy little, totally non-insular community.

I've never had a problem with the battery life. No idea why. Could see that sucking though. Maybe the Zelda version got a super battery.

This game has a very strong start for a jrpg.

I'm curious to hear your opinion of Xenoblade. I don't have the patience for just any RPG now and I can't take Nintendo zealots' opinions of games seriously anymore.

Top Bottom