• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread: "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
LJ11 said:
So far we've got Sanu, Barron, Hightower, Upshaw, Poe, all to the Pats. Who else am I missing?
All for Bill to take a tight end and another corner come draft day. :jnc

Thoughts on Nick Perry? Another guy that's killing it at the combine and he seems to be right in line what Reese looks for in an DE. Physical freak, crazy measurables, etc.

squicken

Pretty much what I was thinking.

According to Lance Z he has a severe learning disability. I'd never heard that, but always figured he was pretty slow. How he was able to stay mostly eligible at 4 year university is somewhat curious

But really, he couldn't even function in a college defense. All the time there were questions on fan forums and Q&As with local media on why he wasn't playing more. He just doesn't understand the very basics of football.

You did a few weeks ago.

We joke, but 4 of those could actually be possibilities.

2aedf76a05a537d03740e98944055e8a66e73430.gif

Which 4 are you referring to ?

LJ11

[/img]

Which 4 are you referring to ?

Sanu and Hightower will go in the 2nd

Barron and Poe 1st

So it's a possibility! In all honesty, I don't know why they would take Hightower, OLB maybe. Hightower's the better athlete, but watching the two play in the same conference, Spikes was better, isn't even close.

Edit: Poe ran faster than Burfict. LOL

squicken

I'm stunned at how badly Kendall Wright did. He always looked so fast, but the Big12 is almost Big1G like in how slow the conference has become. Maybe it was all relative

edit: Jenkins I would never draft. 4 kids under the age of 3 with 3 different mothers? And he's going to get more self control with $10 million guaranteed? Will the NFLPA allow a roster bonus for a player if he gets a vasectomy?

LJ11

I'm stunned at how badly Kendall Wright did. He always looked so fast, but the Big12 is almost Big1G like in how slow the conference has become. Maybe it was all relative

Joe Adams ran slow too if you look at official times, some guys had Wright in the 4.45 range. Adams was fast on gameday and he was in the SEC. 38 inch vertical for Wright.

Hightower pulled a 4.6 40, dude doesn't play anywhere near that speed, but he builds speed as he goes. You can see it on blitzes.

jakncoke

Banned

edit: Jenkins I would never draft. 4 kids under the age of 3 with 3 different mothers? And he's going to get more self control with $10 million guaranteed? Will the NFLPA allow a roster bonus for a player if he gets a vasectomy?

:me

Iedit: Jenkins I would never draft. 4 kids under the age of 3 with 3 different mothers? And he's going to get more self control with $10 million guaranteed? Will the NFLPA allow a roster bonus for a player if he gets a vasectomy?

My god...I knew the dude had an army of kids already, but I didn't know 3 of them don't share the same mom.

Talking about dumb dudes Vontaze Burfict, will he get drafted?

Also :

Jason La Canfora said:
Browns announce long-term deal for D'Qwell Jackson. He's coming off a monster season. Sides had been talking for a while

squicken

Joe Adams ran slow too if you look at official times, some guys had Wright in the 4.45 range. Adams was fast on gameday and he was in the SEC. 38 inch vertical for Wright.

I thought he also had a tough time catching the ball as well? Either way, good reminder on keeping perspective. From Wes Bunting as well

@WesBunting said:
So Luke Kuechly is faster than Kendall Wright?

Why Combine times drive me nuts...

squicken

As good as some of these WRs look, I still don't see why a team with a little cap room wouldn't sign Wallace to an offer sheet if he's a RFA. If the Steelers match, then you still have your draft pick.

eznark

Banned
No name will ever be better than God Shammgod

In high school, he was known as Shammgod Wells. However, upon attending Providence College, he was forced to either legally change his name to Shammgod Wells, or to use his legal name of God Shammgod. Because he did not have the $600 required to legally change his name, he was known as God Shammgod from that point onward.

:jnc

squicken

I'm still amazed at some of the names people give their children. WTH at "Vontaze".

I know you are German and don't mean any ill, but first names can get people worked up in the US. NFL GAF won't bother you about it, but other places in the OT and you never who will get offended over what

edit: lol

:jaknclip

Milchjon

I know you are German and don't mean any ill, but first names can get people worked up in the US. NFL GAF won't bother you about it, but other places in the OT and you never who will get offended over what

Well in that case I'm sorry, wasn't my intention.

bluemax

Banned
That's one of the better ghetto names i've heard.

Jermichael? D'Brickashaw? Knowshawn?

There was a division 3 player named X'Zavier Bloodsaw a few years ago.

Also Jermichael always reminds me of this guy I knew in middle school. His sister was named Chermichael. Their parents were named Cheryl and Michael.

jakncoke

Banned
I wish Netflix could fix their shit and make sure when I watch something it says I have watched it with a full grey bar. It's a pretty big OCD problem for me, my gf is always complaining towards me about this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom