• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread: "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyer

5 teams remain for the mock draft:

Miami (6-10) -

Kansas City (7-9) -

Cincinnati - from Oakland (8-8) -

Tennessee (9-7) -

Houston* (10-6) -

Calling all Texans lifelo----fans, we need a rep for the draft!

shiiiiiii I don't think even after last year there's still not much of a bandwagon.

I'd do it, but I don't think I'd be able to commit. Plus, I'd suck at drafting anyway.

RBH down. NFC South fans are being targetted!

Correction: the fans of the other NFC South teams are being targeted.

As they should, as they're all heathens, delinquents, and malcontents.

My house, on the other hand, is in order. We Panthers fans are a disciplined group.

Plus, we've made significant monetary contributions to GAF, so the mods won't touch us

For those worried about scheduling:

If you fear you're going to miss your draft slot, PM me a list of 3 to 5 draft choices beforehand. I will select the first one still available.
Be reasonable: don't put Luck and RGIII on your mini draft board if you're drafting for New England.

Here's the updated list:

Indianapolis (2-14) - LukeSmith, Narag

St. Louis (2-14) - squicken

Minnesota (3-13) - Slo

Cleveland (4-12) - Wes, hiryu

Tampa Bay (4-12) - I H8 Memes

Washington (5-11) - mr2xxx, LiveWire

Jacksonville (5-11) - Tamanon

Miami (6-10) - Junie12

Carolina (6-10) - Bowser

Buffalo (6-10) - LJ11

Kansas City (7-9) -

Seattle (7-9) - Canuck76, Bluemax

Arizona (8-8) - Squall ASF

Dallas (8-8) - Sviatoslav

Philadelphia (8-8) - yankeehater, Brinbe, JABEE

New York Jets (8-8) - darkside31337

San Diego (8-8) - Nightz

Chicago (8-8) - yacobod, cuevas, PhD.

Tennessee (9-7) - The M.O.B, sf2fanatic

Cincinnati* (9-7) -

Cleveland - from Atlanta* (10-6) - Wes, hiryu

Detroit* (10-6) - Doorman, goldlion054, Plinko, beast786

Pittsburgh* (12-4) - DeaconKnowledge, chuckddd, AngmarsKing701

Denver* (8-8) - Godslay

Houston* (10-6) - Vyer

New England - from New Orleans* (13-3) - Dutch Patriot, Alligatorjandro, Case, ActStriker, Bread

Green Bay* (15-1) - eznark, Buckethead, mastershake, TheLegendary, brentech, Greg, wienke

Baltimore* (12-4) - BaltimoreLarry, Nakazato

San Francisco* (13-3) - methodman, FrenchMovieTheme, LevelNth

New England* (13-3) - Dutch Patriot, Alligatorjandro, Case, ActStriker, Bread

New York Giants* (9-7) - Futurevoid, Wellington, Striker, BigAT

The M.O.B

5 teams remain for the mock draft:

Miami (6-10) -

Kansas City (7-9) -

Tennessee (9-7) -

Houston* (10-6) -

Calling all Texans lifelo----fans, we need a rep for the draft!

Put me on them Titans.

Last Year I had Titans picking Nick Fairley with their first pick........never figured they would go up just to grab Locker.

lynchdives_large.gif

Seahawks sign Lynch 4yr 31million/18million guarunteed.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/04/no-...eal-with-seahawks/?module=HP11_headline_stack

Batman Begins is damn, damn good.

Ending
pre-Joker reveal
is kinda weak but oh well. Can't expect every minute to be a high-note.

That's Nolans problem, the 3rd act. The Prestige and Momento are his only films to get the 3rd act right. The rest of his movies just kind of fizzle towards the end.

When does this thing start? I'm trying to be careful posting so I will be available. Kosmo almost got me banned earlier today but I closed the reply at the last second.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Can't believe RBH got banned for making a fat joke about Adele. Half of NFLgaf would be banned if that policy was enforced with Fatman jokes :(

How exactly does the draft work here? Its not a live draft is it? I was assuming you had X amount of hours after the guy before you picks a guy to pick the next, but maybe that was a really bad assumption on my part.

There seems to be a bit of confusion about the mock, so let me clear some stuff up:

Your team choice should be considered a consensus pick - team members should collaborate to choose someone instead of one just blurting out their pick.

Four hours selection time per team. You don't make the time, you get skipped.

If you fear missing your time, pm me a list of your preferred choices from first to last. I will pick the first one available on your behalf.

No trades. We're not doing a full seven rounds so there is nothing tangible to trade. That said, try to predict who your team will draft, taking trading of picks into consideration.

Start date will be approximately Wednesday the 7th unless there are any objections.

LJ11

You used to get banned on the spot for making fat jokes, but it seemed like they eased up the last couple of years.

Edit: About the draft, I say we wait until after free agency starts, at least a couple of days, just to get a better understanding on needs. But whatever's cool with everyone else, doesn't really matter, we're bored and need something to do anyway.

Can I get volunteers for Miami and Kansas City? eznark already claimed the Bungles.

edit: I wanted to start early because shy of this Saints thing (which is already running its course) we're starving for news.

Fuck off guru. Go meditate somewhere else.

All Packer fans should be watching this classic game on NFLN.

h9EcF.gif

Hurry or you'll miss it!

I was at that game, so amazing. Kurt Warner... my god. There's no sight more pathetic than seeing countless depressed men wearing cheese on their head.

Hendricks got some tig ol' bitties. :D

GAF is kind of sexist towards men if Josh Freeman jokes can slide while Adele and Christina Hendricks are, ahem, sacred cows.

ANGRY EDIT: ^^^One of the worst fucking days of my life. We got robbed on that facemask no-call, and I got held up at gunpoint. UGGGGHHHHHH

LJ11

Can I get volunteers for Miami and Kansas City? eznark already claimed the Bungles.

edit: I wanted to start early because shy of this Saints thing (which is already running its course) we're starving for news.

Yeah, whatever works, no problem.

I'll do whatever teams remain if no one replies.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

I want to start the mock early, but the 7th is super early. Hell, Indy won't even have waived Manning by then. No sniff of free agency, no heavy rumors, etc. The gaf-mock will be
even more
fucked up
than usual

Of course, it also opens up the possibility of running it twice. Once more in a month, right before the draft.

If you fear you're going to miss your draft slot, PM me a list of 3 to 5 draft choices beforehand. I will select the first one still available.
Be reasonable: don't put Luck and RGIII on your mini draft board if you're drafting for New England.

Here's the updated list:

Minnesota (3-13) - Slo

Miami (6-10) - Junie12

Carolina (6-10) - Bowser

Buffalo (6-10) - LJ11

Kansas City (7-9) -

Seattle (7-9) - Canuck76

San Diego (8-8) - Nightz

Tennessee (9-7) - The M.O.B,sf2fanatic

Cincinnati* (9-7) -

Denver* (8-8) - Godslay

Houston* (10-6) - Vyer

New England - from New Orleans* (13-3) - Dutch Patriot, Alligatorjandro, Case, ActStriker, Bread

Green Bay* (15-1) - eznark, Buckethead, mastershake, TheLegendary, brentech, Greg, wienke

helping out as an assistant/scout

e: titans may be leaning towards a OT,C or some on DL. BUT I wanna say a OT

bluemax

Banned

Here's the updated list:

Minnesota (3-13) - Slo

Miami (6-10) - Junie12

Carolina (6-10) - Bowser

Buffalo (6-10) - LJ11

Kansas City (7-9) -

Seattle (7-9) - Canuck76

San Diego (8-8) - Nightz

Tennessee (9-7) - The M.O.B

Cincinnati* (9-7) -

Denver* (8-8) - Godslay

Houston* (10-6) - Vyer

I've said like 4 times I'm drafting for Seattle, why am I not on your list!

Also Seahawks locked up Beast Mode for 4 more years.

squicken

I would help Squicken with the Rams pick, but I'm not sure I'll be there for it. Work and school has been keeping me busy.

If you're around, feel free to chime in. If you don't think you will, just PM or post what you think we should do. Same goes for any of our other fans who don't think they'll be around.

Happy Birthday FMT. And as long as it's legal and/or no one or thing was harmed, I hope you got what you wanted

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Good for the Texans. Every single major RB contract sucks because they're typically way overvalued, have a short shelf life and are easily replaceable but Arian Foster is the one guy who could actually live up to a big contract.

Wonder if they left themselves some wiggle room to consider actually franchising Mario Williams too.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Good for the Texans. Every single major RB contract sucks because they're typically way overvalued, have a short shelf life and are easily replaceable but Arian Foster is the one guy who could actually live up to a big contract.

Wonder if they left themselves some wiggle room to consider actually franchising Mario Williams too.

I dont think the numbers have been revealed but I was always for signing Foster and letting Mario walk. Those that say that Ben Tate could easily replace his production haven't been watching the games and are looking at fantasy stats.

Aside from that, good for Foster, who seems like a really great guy based on his twitter feed.

Those that say that Ben Tate could easily replace his production haven't been watching the games and are looking at fantasy stats.

No, even looking at his fantasy stats I don't think his production is easily replaceable. Tate has some good running games, but Foster's work on passing downs was also a tremendous impact on the team.

#2 in receiving yards (60 yards behind lead)
#2 in targets
#2 in receptions (1 behind lead)
#2 in receiving TDs (1 behind lead)
#1 in YAC (2x as much as anyone else)

Considering their QB situation and Andre's health issues he's really about the best thing they could hope for on offense. Even if Tate is also on the field.

Sigh. And all we have is Redman

Wrayfield

Agree, one of few RBs where you can risk it. Dude's an absolute beast.

BigAT

The morning of 5-year deals.

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter
What was close last night was finished today: Bills and wide receiver Stevie Johnson reached agreement on a five-year deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom