• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

6Wm75ze.jpg

‏@nyjets
WR Santonio Holmes has been released.
New York Jets
CB Antonio Cromartie has been released today
nyjetscap @nyjetscap
#Jets should now have around $40 million in cap room for those asking http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Jets&Year=2014 …
eajOtTR.gif

Next up?
Vi6PEFa.gif

Meanwhile

QCsportsreport
‏@QCsportsreport
Told that Steve had a goodbye dinner at Jerry's, will be cut 2morrow. Likely will go to Tampa, Baltimore, New England or Philly. @Panthers
1JNndJ8.gif

3aDCLiF.gif

ProFootballTalk
‏@ProFootballTalk
DE Michael Bennett strikes deal with Seahawks. Four years. Terms coming.
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
Report: Bears targeting Lamarr Houston after missing on Michael Bennett http://wp.me/p14QSB-9qL9
ProFootballTalkVerified account
‏@ProFootballTalk
Safety Louis Delmas agrees to terms with the Dolphins. Max deal of $3.5 million for one year.
John Middlekauff ‏@JohnMiddlekauff
Source also tell me OG Jon Asamoah will sign with the #Falcons for 4.5 million a year

Meanwhile in Jacksonville

dvDDbMJ.png

Time left till freeagency begins
t1394568000z1.png

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Continued from the last thread:

NOPE YOU'RE WRONG!

I remember Kastrioti with the Suh AV, and saying the Lions would come to Seattle and beat our ass (this was the year prior 11-5 Hawks). Nice to know we won the SB the following year and Lions still somehow not make the playoffs.

THE FEELS!

So who's your dude now if you had to choose? Matthew Or Suh?

I have no idea what game you're talking about. However I do remember in 2012 Richard Sherman talking shit, and getting burned by Titus Young for two TDs, including a last second game winning TD thrown by Stafford.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2012/10/28/3567740/detroit-lions-seattle-seahawks-post-game-thread

titustd_medium.gif

Thats when we had a decent #2 receiver. Wait till we get Mike Evans.

And both Suh and Stafford are my dudes. They're both on the Lions and are two of the best up and coming players at there respective positions. Two of which happen to be the most important in the game of football IMO.

tocry.png

rando14

Every time I see that old logo all I think about is this

[/QUOTE]

We were crying like that for nearly 40 years!! :(

[quote="Kastrioti, post: 103890150"]Continued from the last thread:

I have no idea what game you're talking about. However I do remember in 2012 Richard Sherman talking shit, and getting burned by Titus Young for two TDs, including a last second game winning TD thrown by Stafford.

[url]http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2012/10/28/3567740/detroit-lions-seattle-seahawks-post-game-thread[/url]

[IMG]http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1271485/titustd_medium.gif

And both Suh and Stafford are my dudes. They're both on the Lions and are two of the best up and coming players at there respective positions. Two of which happen to be the most important in the game of football IMO.

tocry.png

Damn it Browner!!

Continued from the last thread:

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2012/10/28/3567740/detroit-lions-seattle-seahawks-post-game-thread

titustd_medium.gif

tocry.png

i'm not a seahawk defender but that isn't richard sherman covering on the TD, it is brandon browner. brandon browner is a shitty CB unless it's a jump ball. not sure why teams just don't run slants on him everytime because he can't cover them

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
i'm not a seahawk defender but that isn't richard sherman covering on the TD, it is brandon browner. brandon browner is a shitty CB unless it's a jump ball. not sure why teams just don't run slants on him everytime because he can't cover them

I know its not Sherman, but Sherman got burned bad earlier in the game by Titus Young for a 50 yard bomb IIRC. Sherman was covering Megatron on that play and Earl Thomas was right by Young.

Seahawks are lucky to play in a division with below average QBs twice a year. The NFC North is where the elite QBs go to battle (Manziel to the Vikings).

Plus that is one of about 10 Matthew Stafford comeback wins in the last few minutes of a game.

I know its not Sherman, but Sherman got burned bad earlier in the game by Titus Young for a 50 yard bomb IIRC. Sherman was covering Megatron on that play and Earl Thomas was right by Young.

Plus that is one of about 10 Matthew Stafford comeback wins in the last few minutes of a game.

was that also the 1 win in his career against a team that finished over .500?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Id always take a Steve Smith but he would get more money and play time elsewhere. He wouldnt get ahead of DJax or Maclin.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I've never seen someone stan someone so much the way Kas stans Stafford.

If Stafford sucked I'd call for us to draft a QB. I stan for the Lions, but I've seen enough of Stafford to know he is elite. Just look at his 2011 season up until that Seahawks game.

After that Seahawks game, Titus Young lost his mind, Nate Burleson was consistently injured and we haven't had a decent #2 since then. That changes with Mike Evans (and one more speed back or WR in the draft) and the Joe Lombardi, Saints esque offense we will be running.

Quote this, we will be a playoff team and at least one playoff win if Stafford stays healthy.

Colasante

So going to the SB in 2011 is choking in the AFC championship? Strange way of looking at it.

Not that I want to feed the trolls, but to be fair, Brady did play horribly in that game. Spikes' INT, Moore's PBU, and Cundiff's miss were the elements that gave the Patriots the win. That being said, I don't think he's to blame for the other AFC championship games so much as Talib's absence was. Both games were competitive until Talib departed, definitely not a Brady choke.

Tom Penny

Not that I want to feed the trolls, but to be fair, Brady did play horribly in that game. Spikes' INT, Moore's PBU, and Cundiff's miss were the elements that gave the Patriots the win. That being said, I don't think he's to blame for the other AFC championship games so much as Talib's absence was. Both games were competitive until Talib departed, definitely not a Brady choke.

Meh. Gronk is why they don't have another SB win and berths not Talib.

Ari Nissim ‏@AriNissim 23m

Revis early line. Highest Offer wins. (Other teams I've heard are Philly, Raiders, Browns, and Obviously Rex and the Jets) Rex loves him.

I didn't wanna trade for him but for no draft picks, why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom