• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Playoffs 2018 - Super Bowl LIII

iamblades

That is a bullshit call. Just a completely broken play on the part of the offense and somehow it's the defense's fault?

Starfield

I dunno how anyone could find this exciting, but I respect it if you do but man, even soccer is more exciting to watch.

The explanation was accurate. You have to make a move after a catch before you can get hit, you cant just smash some defenseless player to the head.
that rule is usually reserved for someone who leaps and gets hit before the feet hit. thhe super bowl play was a routine tackle that should not have been flagged.

Dunki

I liked that bud lite commercial.

AS for the games. Patriots do not seem to get into the game at all.

Last edited:

iamblades

The explanation was accurate. You have to make a move after a catch before you can get hit, you cant just smash some defenseless player to the head.

The reason he was defenseless is because it was a shit play by the offense. According to you all an offense has to do these days is throw at tightly defended receivers and if the defense doesn't completely stop and let the receiver catch the ball and start to run with it, it's a penalty.

That is a completely nonsensical interpretation of the rules that makes it impossible to actually play defense.

I have no opinions as to who should win the game, and I don't disagree with trying to make the game safer, but you can't just eliminate defense from the game.

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
lol GRONK

Rams D line is legit. haven't seen too many of their games but they look good on D

Last edited:
Top Bottom