• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Super Bowl XLVII |OT| Where The Magic Happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon

Banned
That's not the way it works. They have to get locked in a playoff spot, THEN I get banned. Those are the rules, I even had a agreement set up with a mod in place.

zc2g1.png

Hm good points.

As far as the Welker catch he's had the dropsies in the playoffs the past couple of years. They really need a guy who actually stretches the defense. Lloyd just does the eight yard comeback and then falls down to avoid contact.

JCizzle

Hm good points.

As far as the Welker catch he's had the dropsies in the playoffs the past couple of years. They really need a guy who actually stretches the defense. Lloyd just does the eight yard comeback and then falls down to avoid contact.

Mike Wallace would be a gamechanger for the Pats if he's available, but that's a very unPatriot thing to do.

Wes

venison crêpe
This Pachter thread in Gaming is the best pre-superbowl entertainment I could've asked for.

michaelpachter said:
On Tuesday, I'm taping a show dedicated to how GAFfers are (mostly) smart and are (mostly) assholes. It should be fun.

I thought Opiate was still a mod?
Pretty sure Hitokage stepped down due to different views on how the site was being run, but by no means let me get in your way here.
DAMMIT YOU PEOPLE WANT TO BE ALL TECHNICAL AND LOGICAL AND SHIT!

Giants just missed the playoffs, can't you let me dream? And troll Patriot fans?
Maybe the twist is Frankman is still banned and this is just his ghost.
tumblr_lvgxf6ydVH1r2fzujo1_500.gif

Frankman should be banned again for being wrong.
But you're a Raiders fan and they still allow you here. You made the wrong choice the minute you decided to become a fan of them.

eznark

Banned
I am pretty terrible. Though I am totally passably mediocre at dota and any turn based strategy game.

Goddamn. Saving the best for last I see.

I'm just kidding. Last year wasn't really Frankman's fault. PSN died right when MLB released so the league was strangled in the crib.

Hm good points.

Edelman should replace Welker, but the bigger issue is for multiple years we've seen the Patriots a) look very mortal w/o both Gronkowski and Hernandez b) defense suck. Bill has to get the stick outta his ass and stop trading 1st rounders and draft impact defensive players. Stop plugging in people and actually use the draft as it was intended.
My life in the real world is great. I suck at games so I can understand what failure feels like thus allowing me to relate to you.
eznark
The Diary of an Angry White Bigot
(Today, 01:49 PM)

Edelman should replace Welker, but the bigger issue is for multiple years we've seen the Patriots a) look very mortal w/o both Gronkowski and Hernandez b) defense suck. Bill has to get the stick outta his ass and stop trading 1st rounders and draft impact defensive players. Stop plugging in people and actually use the draft as it was intended.

He's way ahead of you! He traded up twice last year! Haha! SUCK IT DOWN!

And regarding Edelman, he's no Welker. He drops balls as well, doesn't get open as good as Wes and he can't stay healthy for shit. Welker is super human in that regard, dude gets fucking blasted every game, and almost never misses games.

Nameless

I'm fairly damn confident. Were I an objective observer I'd say the Niners have advantages pretty much across the board. I say 'fairly' because 10/12 shit seasons inevitably leaves a man with battered woman's syndrome, and, you can never predict how a dumb play, fluke turnover, or crappy call will effect the inertia of the game at that pivotal moment. But we're the superior team and seem to be locked in. So.....yeah, barring something crazy I think we win and convincingly.

Niners - 31
Ravens - 17

random thoughts:

- Their O-line won't be able to hold up to our front seven for the duration of the game
- Our O-line matches up well against down hill guys like Ngata and Jones. See what we did to BJ Raji and Vince Wilfork. Kruger is who I'm most concerned with.
- You'll definitely see Vernon or Delanie expose a LB or Safety in single coverage
- Cary Williams couldn't cover The Grabtree with a thousand of Ray Lewis' God.
- The only time we leave any of our defenders on an island are our interior LBs against TE or Running backs. Not really concerned about Boldin and Smith, rather, Rice and Pitta. If the chains move they'll be the ones to do it.
-Kaep is going to have a play available to him pretty much every snap, it's just on him to do like has been doing and make them. The Ravens simply lack the personnel to combat all of the things we do.
-Destiny is meaningless when the match ups don't favor it. Giants matched up perfectly against the Patriots. The Packers matched up perfect against the Steelers. The Ravens don't match up well at all against us at all.

He's way ahead of you! He traded up twice last year! Haha! SUCK IT DOWN!

And regarding Edelman, he's no Welker. He drops balls as well, doesn't get open as good as Wes and he can't stay healthy for shit. Welker is super human in that regard, dude gets fucking blasted every game, and almost never misses games.
I think they believe that "Hey we're going to throw to a TE 65% of the time so fuck WRs", I mean They're going to have Ballard/Felis/Hoowanaw-something also in the roster (unless they only keep Ballard). The thing is they need better intermediate route-runners, that's not really Lloyd's game. Or course bringing back Deion Branch every week is only going to get you so far.

...what is the Super Bowl thread doing in the community forum?
Isn't the Superbowl a Community event? Usually posters who don't usually watch football visit and people answer their questions about football. It's one of the most watched events in the world.

at least going by the rules I thought that's where it would be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom