• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 9 |OT| Gronkenstorm

effzee

Brees is going to eat us alive. Only hope is that Steelers continue beating nfc east teams.

Edit: also just like i said Atl would have its break out game against philly, the Saints D is going to hold Philly to 10 points for its break out game.

Yeah, it definitely set the tone but I also think its why Bush got limited PT. Philbin probably thought he was a bit too amped up out there.

Hopefully they can take care of business in Indy this week.

Im mixed on Tannehill -- I dont want them to rush him back if he's not really ready. But Matt Moore is a mixed bag, he's way too often good for some dumb interceptions, 1 fumble and a self sack.
You're probably right, after the game Philbin was talking about the whole trash talking ordeal and he made it very clear that he emphasized to his players how this was about the team and not any individual's personal issues.

I hope Tannehill is good to go but honestly I don't want him to play unless he is 100%. If there is any risk of him suffering a more serious injury because of what happened last weekend then I'd rather him just sit another week. You're right about Moore but he is still a pretty solid QB and his experience over Tannehill should help minimize whatever difference there is between the two in skill, especially since the rest of the team is playing pretty well right now. Moore is 7-3 in his last 10 games so he should be good enough if it comes down to it.

Tannehill vs. Luck would be great, though!

Decided to wait it out a bit, maybe catch a price drop. My daughter and I have been playing through Professor Layton's lately.
Same, except instead of Professor Layton I'm still trying to finish up Borderlands 2. Before that it was XCOM. I can only finish so many of these long games during football season, you know?

Greg

those AC3 commercials had me excited for the game even though I only played 10 hours of the first one before falling asleep and I no longer have a PS3/360

K-19

Banned
I didn't watch the niners game, but everybody is talking about the Alex "nearly perfect" game. What's the point? he played the cards.

beast786

those AC3 commercials had me excited for the game even though I only played 10 hours of the first one before falling asleep and I no longer have a PS3/360

Good job in the OP . But no lions love. I will forgive you this time.

Also, only 10 hours? I think i stopped after i had to QTE baby movements.

brentech

I personally think each game in the series got better and better. AC1 just had horrible repetition. All games do, but it was like they put a product out there that wasn't their true vision. It was basically the foundation of what they wanted to do.

I didn't watch the niners game, but everybody is talking about the Alex "nearly perfect" game. What's the point? he played the cards.

Because the cards have a super awesome defense that is going to make up for whatever pile of shit they have behind the center taking snaps.

Greg

yeah, I just wasn't feeling the repetition - and the story segments early on seemed too drawn out with nothing to interact with, so I just lost interest

I personally think each game in the series got better and better. AC1 just had horrible repetition. All games do, but it was like they put a product out there that wasn't their true vision. It was basically the foundation of what they wanted to do.
everyone I talked to said they continued to get better, but I never got around to playing them

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Lions are low on the Shame Totem

It goes:

Browns
Bills
Lions

When it comes to who deserves more praise.

yeah, I just wasn't feeling the repetition - and the story segments early on seemed too drawn out with nothing to interact with, so I just lost interest

everyone I talked to said they continued to get better, but I never got around to playing them

If the repetition of AC2 put you to sleep I fear that you wouldnt be here today if you played the original.

eznark

Banned

iCR0p1L1HfVCr.gif

I think I'm the only one just not excited about Assassin's Creed in general. The original was a textbook example of repetitive game design whereas the second one was fun when I played it but only decent when I think back to it. I can tell you the exact moment I soured on the series and that's when Ezio said
Who is Desmond? This subsequently brought alien technology and all kinds of other crazy conspiracy theories (which the game was already chocked full of)
. I'll admit that from day one I've hated the whole Desmond part of the story and maybe it's better in subsequent titles but the gameplay at this point has lost its appeal for me (holding a button to traverse everything...enemies still only approaching you one at a time). I was hoping that the 3rd one would be a brand new story but if it's just a continuation of Desmond...gonna have to pass...

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I knew something was odd yesterday.

The Cards only got 7 rushing yards all game? How is that even possible?

I knew something was odd yesterday.

The Cards only got 7 rushing yards all game? How is that even possible?
That o-line is embarrassing, and that's putting it nicely. Combine that with a running back who is as far away from a power runner as you can get and you're left with a formula for no running game. I'm ashamed that the Dolphins lost to the Cards after watching that game last night.

bionic77

Best handheld ever made.

Will be grabbing it myself at some point this week during the B2G1 at Target. Right now playing Zero's Escape: VLR which is honestly my favorite game of the year, so far anyway.
Best handheld ever was the DS. Specs don't mean shit if you don't have the games to back it up.

Also Kid Icarus alone makes the 3DS the best current handheld.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Dolphins should really be 6-1 right now. Those losses to the Jets and Cardinals are utterly mind boggling. They are a good team.

Best handheld ever was the DS. Specs don't mean shit if you don't have the games to back it up.

Also Kid Icarus alone makes the 3DS the best current handheld.

Hey you're entitled to your opinion. I sold off my 3DS because I was never going to use that piece of junk thanks to my vita and my phone. Might pick up a XL some day just because it doesnt have the tiny ass screens that I couldn't deal with on the OG.

Dolphins should really be 6-1 right now. Those losses to the Jets and Cardinals are utterly mind boggling. They are a good team.
It's true that they were just a few field goals away from winning those but regardless I think it goes to show that the team is improving, which is what you want to see from a team that is basically in rebuilding mode. The future is looking promising at this point.

manfestival

Go bucs! Time to go undefeated for the rest of the season. Also, I find the sudden bucs support kind of funny. Cause if OAK was playing the bucs last week then it would almost be unanimous votes for oakland.
GO syracuse!

RBH

A teenager who has accused former New York Giants linebacker Lawrence Taylor of sexually assaulting her when she was 16 cried Tuesday as she described her encounter with the NFL Hall of Famer at the start of a civil trial.

Taylor pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges of sexual misconduct and patronizing an underage prostitute for having sex with her in 2010 and is serving six years of probation. He leaned forward in his chair to watch the 19-year-old testify in U.S. District Court.

The teen, Cristina Fierro, who has since married, told a Manhattan jury hearing her lawsuit that she didn't know who Taylor was when she found him naked on a bed in a hotel room in Montebello, just north of New York City. She says another man forced her to have sex with Taylor for $300. She said she brought the lawsuit to hold Taylor accountable.

The Brooklyn-born Fierro, who grew up in Pennsylvania and New York, began weeping as she graphically described her meeting with Taylor, who says he believed she was 19 at the time.
"He said I had nice curly hair like his wife," Fierro recalled.

She said he told her she was pretty as he massaged her after she turned her back to him.

Fierro said she went to a bathroom to call her uncle, who told her to dial 911. She said she did so and left the phone in her bag, "waiting for shadows to come and banging on the door to come get me." But the police never showed up.

She said Taylor, who played in the NFL for 13 seasons and won two Super Bowls, got on top of her and she squirmed and tried to push him away but it "felt like I wasn't making a difference because of how big he was compared to me."

She said she told him it was her "first time" and he replied, "Just relax."

"It was really rough and painful," she testified, saying she felt suicidal several months later and began taking medication for depression, insomnia and anxiety.

Fierro testified that when the sex was over Taylor "just pulled out money and said, 'Here, can you turn the TV off on your way out?'"

When she returned to the car of the man who had ordered her to have sex with Taylor, she said, she called her uncle and told him in Spanish that calling 911 didn't work. The police were waiting when the car arrived back at the man's Bronx home. The man later was sentenced to seven years in prison.

Taylor's lawyer, Arthur Aidala, said in his opening statement that Taylor never used violence, never threatened Fierro and thought she was sent by a friend who offered "female companionship."

Aidala tried to mitigate the circumstances by noting that Taylor "did have sex with a woman who was 16 years, 11 months and three weeks old."

"I am not condoning what he did," Aidala said. "It's a crime he's been punished for."
He said the lawsuit, seeking unspecified compensatory and punitive damages, is "a money grab" because of Taylor's fame.

With cross-examination set to start Wednesday, Aidala asked the judge if he could tell the jury that a rape kit test showed the semen of two men including Taylor. The judge didn't immediately decide.

Taylor, who lives in Broward County, Fla., led the Giants to Super Bowl titles in 1987 and 1991. He was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the NFL's 75th Anniversary All-Time Team. He was expected to testify Wednesday.

The Associated Press doesn't normally publish the names of accusers in sexual-assault cases unless they agree to be named or identify themselves publicly, as Fierro has done.

harSon

Banned
I think this game against the Giants is going to come down to whether we can win in a shootout, because without Clark and Polamalu, our secondary is going to get decimated. Especially when you consider the fact that our defense buckles when we can't pressure the QB, and Eli has only been taken to the ground 6 times all season, and we're likely going to be without Woodley.

I'm personally expecting a loss on Sunday. It's simply one of the worst matchups we could encounter right now with all of the injuries we're facing.

Top Bottom