• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 9 |OT| Gronkenstorm

If it's truly a long term trophy, don't name it after an active coach or player. I can't think of anything clever, but don't name it after a Jets coach that will be a defensive coordinator in a couple of years

Yea, long term. Good point. We want to get the name w/ a cheesy logo on front. Fuck Rex Ryan.

Greg

If it's truly a long term trophy, don't name it after an active coach or player. I can't think of anything clever, but don't name it after a Jets coach that will be a defensive coordinator in a couple of years
Rex's hunger is always relevant.

Chase Blackburn will be out on Sunday and Mark Herzlich looks to be getting the start at MLB:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...or-mark-herzlich-to-start-for-giants/1669853/

The positive? Herzlich is faster, stronger and has far more upside than the aging Blackburn who's slowness and lack of strength has hampered his ability to defend the run and cover folks in the middle of the field.

The negative? Chase has the mental side of the game down pat and he does a good deal of the checks and lines up the defense. It's very likely that some of that will fall on Michael Boley again if the Giants don't feel that Mark has that ability yet. Chase also has a knack for making big plays (like the strip of Moss at the end of the Skins game).

If he is given the responsibility - it's a huge opportunity for the young guy to come in and take over as the Giants middle line backer. A position many said he would win at the start of training camp.

Kastrioti said:
but I really wanted Mayhew to target Mike Jenkins or another DB.
Why not? Everybody else has!

Cowboys-DB-Mike-Jenkins-Embarrassing-Season-Summed-Up-In-46-Seconds.jpg

Jenkins really has been terrible the last few years. He had one good season for Dallas and dropped off huge after.

Bowser

KC @ SD

ARI @ GB
DET @ JAC
CHI @ TEN
DEN @ CIN
CAR @ WAS - still believe in Cam, but...Obama y'all.
BAL @ CLE
MIA @ IND
BUF @ HOU

MIN @ SEA
TB @ OAK
PIT @ NYG

DAL @ ATL

PHI @ NO

Powerless for roughly 22 hours in NYC, posting from my phone!

WedgeX

Banned
Football news:

what

what what what what what what what what what

Weren't there better wide receivers in training camp? On the practice squad? I thought there were only three healthy safeties left on the Lions, all of them backups. what what what what

what

squicken

Gotta say Squicky don't know how you keep arguing that Bradford is worth a damn.

Luck is elite. We all knew he's be when he was sophomore in college. That's what's disappointing about Bradford. Relative to his draft position and salary he is not worth it. His upside is very good, but never great. But I always say this to anyone who starts carping on him. Who would you want off that offense they fielded vs NE?

Givens catches a 50 yard TD and gets hurt on the play. Amendola is hurt. Barksdale and Smith are guys who started the season on other teams' practice squad. The center is a backup. Brandon Gibson? Steve Smith? Austin Pettis? Stephen Jackson who drew zero trade interest? Tell me which QBs thrives with that?

blah blah blah everyone has injuries. No, not like that. Some teams lose linemen. Some teams lose WRs. STL loses everything. They played NE with Bradford, Dahl, Jackson, Gibson, and 7 backups. Richardson got a concussion and Chris Williams, signed on Monday, hadn't played in a year, was RT. All QBs look like shit in that scenario. I'll post some Rams WRs and their adventures beating press coverage a little later

Luck is elite. We all knew he's be when he was sophomore in college. That's what's disappointing about Bradford. Relative to his draft position and salary he is not worth it. His upside is very good, but never great. But I always say this to anyone who starts carping on him. Who would you want off that offense they fielded vs NE?

Givens catches a 50 yard TD and gets hurt on the play. Amendola is hurt. Barksdale and Smith are guys who started the season on other teams' practice squad. The center is a backup. Brandon Gibson? Steve Smith? Austin Pettis? Stephen Jackson who drew zero trade interest? Tell me which QBs thrives with that?

blah blah blah everyone has injuries. No, not like that. Some teams lose linemen. Some teams lose WRs. STL loses everything. They played NE with Bradford, Dahl, Jackson, Gibson, and 7 backups. Richardson got a concussion and Chris Williams, signed on Monday, hadn't played in a year, was RT. All QBs look like shit in that scenario. I'll post some Rams WRs and their adventures beating press coverage a little later

rams have had bad luck with injuries but even their injured players aren't very good. i get that you're saying "well if the injured players aren't good what does that say about the backups!" ok? so the rams lose 35-17 if all their starters were healthy. the point is the rams aren't a few healthy guys away from being a good team. they have some pieces and i think in a couple years they maybe able to compete for a playoff spot but it's going to take time.

i'm still baffled that the rams ignored the o-line with their first 2 draft picks when there were a lot of quality linemen on the board. the rams have drafted poorly for years and it doesn't look like their 2012 draft is going to set the world on fire either. maybe in time!

effzee

Vick has apparently survived another week. He's listed as the starter on the depth chart for the Saints game. No benching yet.

Thank the lord. I haven't seen a more pathetic defensive performance from any of the Reid team's than I did this past Sunday. How they could have decided THAT was the game to bench Vick for would have been confusing.

squicken

i'm still baffled that the rams ignored the o-line with their first 2 draft picks when there were a lot of quality linemen on the board. the rams have drafted poorly for years and it doesn't look like their 2012 draft is going to set the world on fire either. maybe in time!

They'd suck for sure but at least they'd be a little fun to watch. SF will do to them what they just did to AZ

It really sucks. I have no idea why they didn't either. Actually, sadly, I do. Fisher thinks it's the 70s and that defense wins championships. So he spent money and picks on that and it still sucks.

AJ Jenkins is further along than Quick, who basically is a giant pile of quit

http://www.abload.de/img/lazy6vrfn.gif

ari

Banned
A caller from 670 the score said the Lions made a play for Steve Smith. Seems legit. Damn. Good that didn't happen. :O

squicken

A caller from 670 the score said the Lions made a play for Steve Smith. Seems legit. Damn. Good that didn't happen. :O

Everyone called last year. No reason to think he couldn't be had. Fisher was at his press conference today saying Jackson stuff was all rumors, which is bs. He has zero value. Steve Smith however, has value. I think. No idea how good he is this year b/c of the QB situation

Trasher

We need a safety or DB and what do we trade for? A WR. Millen still lives in the franchise.

I'm not against more depth at WR especially with Burleson out, but I really wanted Mayhew to target Mike Jenkins or another DB.

I was happy with our CJ, Titus, Broyles lineup (+TEs). Let those kids develop! I do understand needing the depth, but I would have preferred them trading for something more important and simply moving up a WR from the practice squad or something...

ari

Banned
Everyone called last year. No reason to think he couldn't be had. Fisher was at his press conference today saying Jackson stuff was all rumors, which is bs. He has zero value. Steve Smith however, has value. I think. No idea how good he is this year b/c of the QB situation

lol, nobody wants jackson...but if the lions would've gotten smith with megatron and young on the field, that team would be deadly as hell.

come to think about it. Eli and brady might not be getting touch, But the lions have a top tier O-line.

squicken

Watching Colts game, and I really like what Arians does with formations and motion. Downside is he almost never keeps anyone back to help. A little chipping, but when they pass, 5 man routes and almost zero 3 step drops. They look deep and then work in

At least to me, it seems like the problem with that is that deep stuff is usually taken away, and short stuff gets covered up quickly. He did run the ball a lot, which helped wear down TEN by the end of the game. They were gassed and were getting gouged by run and pass

Top Bottom