• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 9 |OT| Gronkenstorm

bionic77

Some peoples lives are probably falling apart right now, because of the Lucas / Disney news
I am a huge SW fan (original only) and I think this is great news. Now there is a chance we can get the original movies in high def the way without Lucas's "improvements".

I don't give a fuck about the new movies. I will just skip them unless someone tells me they somehow replicate the original movies (let's be honest, never going to happen).

cdyhybrid

I'm just wondering if everyone else is assuming that last year's playoff results translate to this year's playoff results.

That's the point though. Once you get in literally nothing else matters. The playoffs are their own season, played in a vacuum. Anyone can beat anyone any week.

squicken

Pretty sure Russ had the highest QBR of any losing QB this year in Sundays's game

Seems to be getting better week by week

I am a huge SW fan (original only) and I think this is great news. Now there is a chance we can get the original movies in high def the way without Lucas's "improvements".

I don't give a fuck about the new movies. I will just skip them unless someone tells me they somehow replicate the original movies (let's be honest, never going to happen).
Yeah I think it's good news. I was just browsing some of those threads

Think Smith wins more Super Bowls than Rodgers?

aldon!

as for wussle, here are his QB ratings by week:

so if you want to say he "got better", then i suppose he did from the previous week because it's pretty difficult to do worse than 38.7 but what this shows is that he's just an inconsistent QB who isn't very good, especially away from home. will he be good one day? i don't know! lets just say i hope that the seachickens stick with him and cheatin' pete for a long time!

eznark

Banned
aldon!

as for wussle, here are his QB ratings by week:

so if you want to say he "got better", then i suppose he did from the previous week because it's pretty difficult to do worse than 38.7 but what this shows is that he's just an inconsistent QB who isn't very good, especially away from home. will he be good one day? i don't know! lets just say i hope that the seachickens stick with him and cheatin' pete for a long time!

Coward

Drakeon

Yeah I think it's good news. I was just browsing some of those threads

I don't see how it could be bad news. It's not like the new movies that were just announced could really be WORSE than the prequel trilogy. Things can only get better for the new movies honestly.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
what

what what what what what what what what what

Weren't there better wide receivers in training camp? On the practice squad? I thought there were only three healthy safeties left on the Lions, all of them backups. what what what what

what

Read up a little on Thomas and he seems like a solid 3rd WR option, who has had shitty stats this year due to having Blaine Gabbert as his QB and them having several arguments during the season.

Good thing we have 3 extremely solid, healthy WR's right now(4 when Burleson is healthy), and IMO you can never have enough firepower. We just have to make some sort of move to add some depth at the DB position. Our secondary will be mediocre at BEST until the offseason/draft. Going to have to rely on our d-line to run the defense which is how it should be anyway.

RBH

I hate football.

I'm going to the drug store to get some Adderall.

c4s_freeman121509_98586c.jpg

"Get me some weight loss pills while you're there!"

Still better than Alex Smith's Rookie Record.

alex smith was 20 year old rookie coming to a 2-14 team with a rookie head coach and minimal talent on either side of the ball. but even agreeing that he sucked dick his rookie year, how does that excuse wussle sucking and holding the seachickens back?

Kiryu

alex smith was 20 year old rookie coming to a 2-14 team with a rookie head coach and minimal talent on either side of the ball. but even agreeing that he sucked dick his rookie year, how does that excuse wussle sucking and holding the seachickens back?
Andrew Luck came to the worst team of NFL... and still they have 4-3 record but Colt's coach isn't really good. (though ChuckStrong)

Right now, You're lucky to have Jim Harbaugh, Good Defense, and Coach Staffs. (I'm happy about that)

Alex Smith is "Near" Elite QB at the best.

No more of "Weak" NFC Division anymore.

Russell Wilson is 3rd round pick and Alex Smith is first round. Yet 3rd round QB have good record. (Honestly, it doesn't count because Seahawks was already done rebuilding the team)

Andrew Luck came to the worst team of NFL... and still they have 4-3 record but Colt's coach isn't really good. (though ChuckStrong)

Right now, You're lucky to have Jim Harbaugh, Good Defense, and Coach Staffs. (I'm happy about that)

Alex Smith is "Near" Elite QB at the best.

No more of "Weak" NFC Division anymore.

Russell Wilson is 3rd round pick and Alex Smith is first round. Yet 3rd round QB have good record. (Honestly, it doesn't count because Seahawks was already done rebuilding the team)

andrew luck is already better than alex smith. andrew luck is better than wussle. andrew luck is already better than a lot of players. luck also has SOME weapons on offense. alex smith was playing with curtis conway and johnnie morton in his rookie season.

alex smith isn't near an elite QB. he is probably a top 15 QB, that's about the best thing i can say for him. but he is the best QB in his division.

draft position doesn't matter to me. if someone can play they can play!

Top Bottom