• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 9 |OT| Gronkenstorm

firen

Andrew Luck came to the worst team of NFL... and still they have 4-3 record but Colt's coach isn't really good. (though ChuckStrong)

Right now, You're lucky to have Jim Harbaugh, Good Defense, and Coach Staffs. (I'm happy about that)

Alex Smith is "Near" Elite QB at the best.

No more of "Weak" NFC Division anymore.

Russell Wilson is 3rd round pick and Alex Smith is first round. Yet 3rd round QB have good record. (Honestly, it doesn't count because Seahawks was already done rebuilding the team)

Of course Andrew Luck is a better QB than Smith was in his rookie. Andrew Luck was lucky to have Jim Harbaugh, Good Defense and Coach Staffs. (I'm half joking.)

Coming out of college he wasn't an NFL-ready prodigy (Luck, Manning) but he was a smart kid. Alex Smith has been broken. Terribly by some horrendous coaching staffs. I think we may have been in a similar position if Rodgers and Smith switched places. Regardless, we will see a #RallySmith this year.

Arm-strength, pocket presence, and leadership ability.

Nah we're good.

Luck will be great with some pieces.

Same with RG3, although I have health concerns about him.

brentech

How the hell does Aaron Rodgers have 28 sacks taken on the year?
Starts with a pouress line and Rodgers not wanting to throw picks. Then escalates to Rodgers feeling pressure when it's not there, over thinking his plays...moving too much when he doesn't need to and could have made a pass, instead takes the sack.

squicken

How the hell does Aaron Rodgers have 28 sacks taken on the year?

What I notice about Rodgers is that even if the play seems designed for a quicker throw, he always looks downfield first. So he holds the ball longer looking for that big play, or he won't give up on a play and throw it away if everyone is initially covered. As a consequence he takes more sacks than he should, but unlike Alex and SF, their offense can easily absorb the loss of 7 yards and still get 1st downs

Really great player to watch. I've seen Montana, Marino, and Elway play in their primes, and I'm not saying Rodgers is better, but when he is feeling it, he's just as good.

He had 11 YPA last year. That's really more absurd than any of Bress' various stat whore numbers.
Just wait until Prince Andrew reclaims his rightful throne!

It'll be 15 YPA, minimum.

olTjd.jpg

Cowboys have improved in the last few weeks, but still aren't cutting it.

Time to fire Garrett, promote Rob Ryan, and then hire the most definitely fired Rex Ryan for DUO RYAN COACHING EXTRAVAGANZA.

I would love every game even if the Cowboys went 0-16.

MechDX

Kiryu

andrew luck is already better than alex smith. andrew luck is better than wussle. andrew luck is already better than a lot of players. luck also has SOME weapons on offense. alex smith was playing with curtis conway and johnnie morton in his rookie season.

alex smith isn't near an elite QB. he is probably a top 15 QB, that's about the best thing i can say for him. but he is the best QB in his division.

draft position doesn't matter to me. if someone can play they can play!
I'll take your point. I said "Near" Elite QB. I mean that He isn't Elite as others are but He's like Phipps Rivera

Of course Andrew Luck is a better QB than Smith was in his rookie. Andrew Luck was lucky to have Jim Harbaugh, Good Defense and Coach Staffs. (I'm half joking.)

Coming out of college he wasn't an NFL-ready prodigy (Luck, Manning) but he was a smart kid. Alex Smith has been broken. Terribly by some horrendous coaching staffs. I think we may have been in a similar position if Rodgers and Smith switched places. Regardless, we will see a #RallySmith this year.
Haha, sorry for my bad grammar. I do remember that Alex Smith's rookie season. It was awful and I even thought the first round was bust pick until now. I wonder what He could have done in Green Bay if He were in Rodgers position... I am rooting for Smith to get second great season streak. (Won't let them sweep Seahawks though!)

d[-_-]b

Banned
The Berry children. Their parents were killed in a car wreck. The same accident damaged the spines of two of the younger kids as well. Bieber has been in contact with them since the accident and when JJ was a rookie someone on Twitter asked for Texans and Rocket players to visit the kids. Watt was a rookie but jumped at the chance.

http://blog.houstontexans.com/2011/07/18/watt-pays-a-hopsital-visit-to-paralyzed-boy/

That's awful story :(, I meant wtf, why does he look like that....

The AFC East blogger on ESPN pulled some gems off of Mario William's Twitter. I'm kind of a fan of this one:

Diloreto writes: “Why can’t you be like the #Dolphins DEs.”
Or how about:

MtxSalinas writes: “Almost pulled a [Williams] and no-showed to work today.”

cajunator

Banned
KC @ SD - Even Kansas City can beat San Diego.

ARI @ GB - Arod gonna drive his tractor all over the birdies.
DET @ JAC - Jacksonville outsucks the Lions.
CHI @ TEN - Chicago gonna...Chicag.
DEN @ CIN - Too legit to quit.
CAR @ WAS - you feeling the vibe yet Cam?
BAL @ CLE - Cleveland used their mojo for a while.
MIA @ IND - Luck.
BUF @ HOU - We are like brothers in the shame circle.

MIN @ SEA - VIKEBIKE. VIKEBIIIIIIIIKE!
TB @ OAK - The tacobus is comin!
PIT @ NYG - Sorry greydick.

DAL @ ATL - Hopefully a meteor hits and I wont have to choose one.

PHI @ NO - fuck.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
DQVII remake? Why are we not all dancing in the streets?

Because its on the 3DS. The DS DQ games are ass compared to the originals. No confidence this doesn't pale in comparison to 7 anyway.

Gimme an 8 remake on a console and I'll be dancing in the street. Hell I'd go buy a Wii U for that.

eznark

Banned
Fuck yeah. I replayed it on the PSP a few years ago! Game is amazing on the portable. And the 3DS is fantastic.
Because its on the 3DS. The DS DQ games are ass compared to the originals. No confidence this doesn't pale in comparison to 7 anyway.

Gimme an 8 remake on a console and I'll be dancing in the street. Hell I'd go buy a Wii U for that.

Were the sprites not recreated identically or were you disappointed that the original Japanese voice actors weren't used? Or was there some slight music tweak that caused you to boycott?

The DS DQ games are ass compared to the originals.
Really? I've never played the originals but I thought the DS remakes were pretty nice. I also thought most people held them in pretty high regard but maybe I was wrong about that.

And wasn't vii the extremely long dq that took like 120 hrs to complete
That's why I'm not jumping for joy about this particular one. The 3DS is a fine system, though (and the XL is fantastic).

Ultratech

Just got done reading about Jacksonville wanting to trade for Tebow. lol

Cowboys have improved in the last few weeks, but still aren't cutting it.

Time to fire Garrett, promote Rob Ryan, and then hire the most definitely fired Rex Ryan for DUO RYAN COACHING EXTRAVAGANZA.

I would love every game even if the Cowboys went 0-16.

The interactions alone would be hilarious.

Though they really need to get rid of Garrett.

What? The DS remakes were pretty good outside of VI which had stuff considerably changed from the original.

As for VII...yeah, it's extremely long and takes forever to get going. Some neat stories though.

bionic77

Every time Rodgers passes short, I contemplated whether or not I've witnessed a miracle for a solid 10 minutes.
You guys need a better OC. Once we ditched Arians and the homerun I don't give a fuck offensive philosophy Ben's sacks immediately dropped. Who the fuck knew that getting rid of the ball quickly and sticking to the running game would help protect the qb?

Now if only we had a defense to go with that offense!

Really? I've never played the originals but I thought the DS remakes were pretty nice. I also thought most people held them in pretty high regard but maybe I was wrong about that.

That's why I'm not jumping for joy about this particular one. The 3DS is a fine system, though (and the XL is fantastic).
darkside is crazy.

The DS games are all awesome, including 6.

I think he is a crazy Vita fanboy who probably thinks the PS version of Chronotrigger is good!

Top Bottom