• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 9 |OT| Gronkenstorm

Okay eznark, I know this is a waste of time but it's kind of fun so I'll keep at it for a little while longer.

Looking at the past 10 SB champs, if you look at their season prior to winning the SB they were an average of 11-5, and none of them had a losing record (although the 2008 Saints came kind of close at 8-8). The 2003 Patriots are the only team included in this that won a SB since they won back to back in '03 and '04.

So is it just a coincidence that all of these teams had good records during their seasons of "irrelevance"? Or is it more likely that they were a team that had been built up over a period of multiple seasons in order to get to the point where they could compete for a championship?

Meier

Way Too Early Mock Draft update: Week 8.

http://i.imgur.com/h8NtX.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Xjyk8.jpg[IMG]

[url=http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfldraftscout-RobRang]Rob Rang's full analysis[/url]
[url=http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfldraftscout-DaneBrugler]The other guy[/url][/QUOTE]

Good to see Bjoern in the top 10. Surprised Tank Carradine (our other starting DE w/ Brandon Jenkins out) isn't represented in the 1st round as well.. he is having a helluva season and should be able to do well in the pros.

I'll be curious to see if Brandon redshirts and comes back or if he leaves or what. He's still a first round talent IMO even coming off an injury. Probably better for him and the team if he stays though.

jmdajr

Bills' Mario Williams: Free agency was Texans' choice

Mario Williams and the Buffalo Bills were a beautiful marriage in the making back in March, but their first year together has been a rough-and-tumble affair.

The defensive end signed a six-year, $100 million contract in the offseason, but now says he never wanted to leave his old team, the Houston Texans, to begin with.

"I didn't want to enter free agency in the first place, but it was a one-way door given to me by (Texans general manager Rick Smith) to leave Houston, " Williams told KRIV-TV. "I want the fans there to know entering free agency was not my decision."

I'm pretty sure you turned down Rick's offer... but ok. Hometeam discount wasn't acceptable.

KaYotiX

Banned
By not pitching fucking Marcum twice in the NLCS when he has been fucking hot horseshit the entire fall and instead using Gallardo on three days rest? Or maybe by fucking sitting that cunty asslicking piece of motherfucking dog shit John Axford down when he can't locate a motherfucking curveball? Maybe by publicly executing Ron Roenicke on the pitchers mound in the seventh inning then sticking his head on a pike leading out of the bullpen under a sign that says "YOU'RE FUCKING NEXT KROD YOU MOTHERFUCKERRRRRRRRRRRRRR"

I would of watched more brewers games if this was the case :)

eznark

Banned
Okay eznark, I know this is a waste of time but it's kind of fun so I'll keep at it for a little while longer.

Looking at the past 10 SB champs, if you look at their season prior to winning the SB they were an average of 11-5, and none of them had a losing record (although the 2008 Saints came kind of close at 8-8). The 2003 Patriots are the only team included in this that won a SB since they won back to back in '03 and '04.

So is it just a coincidence that all of these teams had good records during their seasons of "irrelevance"? Or is it more likely that they were a team that had been built up over a period of multiple seasons in order to get to the point where they could compete for a championship?

Know what else they have in common? They are winners who don't settle for anything less than winning, and if they fall short they are furious and don't look for a moral victory.

I would of watched more brewers games if this was the case :)

I've missed like 4 games in the last 5 years. Before that I hadn't missed any in like 15 years. I am very angry in the baseball thread.

Know what else they have in common? They are winners who don't settle for anything less than winning, and if they fall short they are furious and don't look for a moral victory.
Right, because teams don't get better and worse with time. It wasn't that long ago that the Colts won a SB but I'm guessing they wouldn't be too upset with something like an 11-5 record this year.

Do you think I don't want the Dolphins to win the SB or something? Do you think I'm going to be happy if they don't make the playoffs or if they lose during them? Of course not, I'll be upset and pissed off about it just like I was in '07 when the Ravens knocked them out, but at the same time I can recognize that steps are being made to ensure that they also have a shot next year. I promise you, when the Dolphins lost to the freaking Jets in OT earlier this year my first reaction was not, "oh, look at all these great signs of promise for the future!"

There is a such thing as a team improving over the course of multiple seasons in order to reach the ultimate goal of becoming a perennial contender and winning the SB, which is the point I'm trying to make. It's the reason why everyone isn't out there throwing away their draft picks on trades that will get them a guy with one good year left in him. There is more to it than just this year, and that's why I think it's crazy to act like every team that didn't win the SB is in the exact same position at the end of the year.

RBH

ixAPwf8oVKLHU.png

ib0HTKVF42JTof.png

iXsepLGrD1iay.png

ibxJyBTWe4Df4X.png

http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/2012/wk9.html

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Way Too Early Mock Draft update: Week 8.

Rob Rang's full analysis
The other guy

Haha at Geno Smith going #1. Great college QB, going to be mediocre in the NFL. And no way Matt Barkely drops to #17.

Star Lotulelei is a stud as well. Best d-lineman to come out of college since Suh. If I have the #1 pick I go with him, but these days if you have the #1 pick you pretty much have to go with the best QB in the draft.

LJ11

Haha at Geno Smith going #1. Great college QB, going to be mediocre in the NFL. And no way Matt Barkely drops to #17.

Star Lotulelei is a stud as well. Best d-lineman to come out of college since Suh. If I have the #1 pick I go with him, but these days if you have the #1 pick you pretty much have to go with the best QB in the draft.

hahahahahahahahahaha

Dragon

Banned
But neither of those teams will be in the playoffs...

Uh it's a pretty good shot that one of those two teams will be in the playoffs.

Miami/Ind 4-3

Pitt 4-3

3-4
Buffalo
Cincy
Oakland
SD

LOL
Jets

I don't know where you're getting confidence in any of those 3-4 teams. Miami has a good defense at least, something you can't say for any of the 3-4 teams. Even with Pitt taking a playoff spot.

squicken

Uh it's a pretty good shot that one of those two teams will be in the playoffs.

Miami/Ind 4-3

Pitt 4-3

3-4
Buffalo
Cincy
Oakland
SD

LOL
Jets

I don't know where you're getting confidence in any of those 3-4 teams. Miami has a good defense at least, something you can't say for any of the 3-4 teams. Even with Pitt taking a playoff spot.

I kind of think BAL is going to Cardinals land and PITT will end up coasting to that division, even if the Giants win. But the Giants won't win. They suck. I don't respect them at all

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Oh sweet, I actually get the Broncos game in Philly!

Surprising as we'd usually get Baltimore or some shit like that.

Gonna have to "sneak out" of my office to watch the game though. It's all good.

man... Vikebike was crushed by the Buctruck...

Are the tires still flat?
Did the 'ball cards fall off of the spokes?
Does the horn still honk?

Hopefully it still has the basket on the front this week to collect all of the bird poop up in Seattle. :(

I want to gloss over Mocks but we're still .500 so they have us drafting too late still. I guess it's not too early to learn the big names. Is this a much shittier draft than last year? Or maybe it was just because of the Luck and RGIII hype. What are the strong positions in this draft? Every mock draft and every Cards fan will say LT for Cards and we'd all pray for Joeckel, but there's no chance it will happen. Our FO is the only entity on the planet that thinks Levi Brown is adequate. Batiste's performance will make him look amazing too /sigh If we don't do the only thing that makes sense and draft OL, I have no idea what we'll draft with our top pick. We go for BPA so guess I'll be able to predict it when it's close to draft time.

manfestival

pretty good games this week. Will pretty much settle a few arguments in the bottom end of the league and some in the middle

squicken

Tebow has a girlfriend

TMZ

"Tim and Camilla Belle showed up at Latitude 30 in Jacksonville, Florida Tuesday night, where they bowled and partied ... People who were at Latitude 30 last night tell us Tim and Camilla were overly affectionate throughout the evening, holding hands and touching."

c1031belle.jpg

God, isn't that the chick from that shitty "When a Stranger Calls" remake?

(EDIT: Just checked IMDB. It is.:jnc She was pretty cute in that despite the movie being garbage. Go get'er Tim)

Wes

venison crêpe
camilla-belle-at-cfda-awards.jpg

That's a more flattering photo. Does anyone even find that kind of excessive level of makeup attractive on a girl?

Top Bottom