• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL WildCard Weekend 2010- Extended Xmas for Some;Miniature American Flags for Others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon

Banned
The Frankman said:
Holy crap... I mean there are parts that are like WTF and there are parts that sound good... I have no idea what to think of this.

Got more heart than Cromartie's got babies :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

tmdorsey

TheLegendary said:
Theres meaningful history between two successful franchises as opposed to ATL or SEA which the average fan cares nothing about.
You honestly think the average fan today cares about Bears and Packers? Today's fan knows about QBs and the contraversal players which the Packers and Bears have neither. Rodgers and Cutler aren't nowhere the draw of Manning, Brady, Vick, or Favre.

The draw for that game wouldn't anything more than regular NFL fans the teams fanbases.

dralla

tmdorsey said:
You honestly think the average fan today cares about Bears and Packers? Today's fan knows about QBs and the contraversal players which the Packers and Bears have neither. Rodgers and Cutler aren't nowhere the draw of Manning, Brady, Vick, or Favre.

The draw for that game wouldn't anything more than regular NFL fans the teams fanbases.
the packers are most definitely a draw.

mjc

Ideally I would like a Packers v Bears NFC Championship game, but I could deal with the Falcons being in there. God help us if the Seahawks get past Chicago.

Equus Bellator Apex

tmdorsey said:

Didn't Eagles v. Bears have the highest ratings this season until it was beaten....by Jets v. Bears?

RBH

yacobod said:
because nobody cares about ATL
U6J5i.png

http://www.espnmediazone3.com/us/20...ost-viewed-season-of-monday-night-football-2/

Well, at least "somebody" cares about Atlanta....

But honestly, who gives a shit about the ratings at this point? I'm more concerned with this upcoming game on Saturday rather than how many people will be watching.

greepoman

dralla said:
I know of a team that could use nnamdi

edwards-leaping-catch-o.gif

:D

not really the colts style though, they like to spend all their money on offense, build their team for the regular season

Have the colts ever signed a big name free agent? Sometimes you just need raw talent like Nmandi, but it seems like they think they can outsmart everyone else and pick up some obscure guy.

TheFatOne

TheBranca18 said:
I know Mike Wright is out (and he still leads the team in sacks :lol ), but I believe Deaderick will be playing which would mean they can at least have some sort of rotation. Wilfork was playing a shitload of snaps the last few weeks and he's not nearly as effective.

Deadrick is back, but he is like Spikes I have no idea how much he can actually contribute at this point. Being able to rotate the d-line is huge though. I love Vince, but there is no way he should be playing every snap in a game.

tmdorsey

yacobod said:
because nobody cares about ATL
Who really cares about the Bears other than Bears fans and is their fanbase that large? I really don't think it compares to the fanbases of teams with multiple championships like the Steelers or Cowboys.

JaMarco

bionic77 said:
People always like to credit Brady, but the truth is that the real star of the Pats is their offensive line. Over the last 4 years I don't think any team's line has pass protected better then those massive bags of shit.
Well yes and no. NEs Oline has been great so far this year but Brady's ability to get the ball out quickly and his mobility in the pocket makes the Oline seem more dominant than it really is. Personell-wise it's exactly the same line they had last year, the real difference is no more gimpy Brady.

tmdorsey

RBH said:
But honestly, who gives a shit about the ratings at this point? I'm more concerned with this upcoming game on Saturday rather than how many people will be watching.
Oh absolutely. I don't give shit who cares or doesn't care about us. I just want the win Sat so the falconsbus can keep rolling. :D

Dragon

Banned
Case said:
Well yes and no. NEs Oline has been great so far this year but Brady's ability to get the ball out quickly and his mobility in the pocket makes the Oline seem more dominant than it really is. Personell-wise it's exactly the same line they had last year, the real difference is no more gimpy Brady.

I think Vollmer's better than he was last year. Guy is a beast.

Seda

tmdorsey said:
Who really cares about the Bears other than Bears fans and is their fanbase that large? I really don't think it compares to the fanbases of teams with multiple championships like the Steelers or Cowboys.

Bears and Packers have huge fanbases. I mean, i think its fair to say that only Bears fans care about the Bears.....but there's a ton of them.

I think, according to some Nielsen numbers or something, the largest fanbases are Cowboys, Steelers, Bears, Packers, Vikings......in that order. Don't quote me there though.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
tmdorsey said:
Oh absolutely. I don't give shit who cares or doesn't care about us. I just want the win Sat so the falconsbus can keep rolling. :D
Only nfc team that worried me was the eagles. Bus is on its way to Dallas baby. :D

eznark

Banned
tmdorsey said:

:lol :lol

Kusagari

Seda said:
Bears and Packers have huge fanbases. I mean, i think its fair to say that only Bears fans care about the Bears.....but there's a ton of them.

I think, according to some Nielsen numbers or something, the largest fanbases are Cowboys, Steelers, Bears, Packers, Vikings......in that order. Don't quote me there though.

That list is why any game between the Bears/Packers/Vikings gets high ratings. Not only are the fanbases are big but the fact that they're all in the same division. A Packers/Vikings fan will watch a Bears game if it's on just hoping the Bears lose.

Equus Bellator Apex

tmdorsey said:

:lol What are you even talking about dude?

yacobod

Banned
tmdorsey said:
Highest rated non-Superbowl game in NFL history is also laughable.

naw bookmark it man, 2 of the top 5 fan bases in the league, with a super bowl birth on the line, other interesting factoid, the bears and packers have not played each other in the play offs since 1941.

tmdorsey

yacobod said:
naw bookmark it man, 2 of the top 5 fan bases in the league, with a super bowl birth on the line, other interesting factoid, the bears and packers have not played each other in the play offs since 1941.
If it happens, I will glady eat a fresh batch of crow.

EDIT: Hopefully it becomes a non-issue after Sat night. :D

yacobod said:

C'mon man, it's only funny when Dirtbag does it.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
jakncoke said:
that'd be hilarious if a neogaffer got an announcer job and was the same as how this thread goes throughout a game

Chuckddd and friends call Texas/UCLA 2010.

me: That is a shocking TAINT!
TroyAikman: It is UCLA, one of my lifelong schools, so I'm not surprised.
JoeBuck: zzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzzzz
me: Holy crap, can we get the truck to run that one again?
TA: Well, I think it's an obvious fumble...
me: No! Not that, this!
XDEYJ.gif

TA:She sure seems upset, chuck.
me: Upset and HOT!
JB: Can we get back to calling the game?
me: STFU robot mouth, show that lovely lady again!
XDEYJ.gif

me: I feel a meme developing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom