• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFLGAF - Aaron Hernandez Found Not Guilty in 2012 Double Murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.

http://ktla.com/2017/04/14/former-n...andez-found-not-guilty-in-2012-double-murder/

Hernandez was found guilty of just one count: illegal possession of a firearm.

I think the OP or title needs to make clear this isn't the previous murder which he was convicted for. That was the no-doubter and he git a life sentence.

Agreed! This is the 2nd case, he's still, I guess, fighting against the first conviction.

Hernandez's promising football career as a tight end with the New England Patriots fell apart in June 2013 when he was arrested in the murder of Odin Lloyd, the boyfriend of his fiancée's sister. Hernandez was found guilty and sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole in 2015, though he has appealed for a new trial in that case.

He is already serving a life sentence without parole for a different murder. Which is a little odd because that murder was supposedly to cover up these murders.

Kadin

AP reporting on this as well.

The jury found Hernandez not guilty of first-degree murder in the killings of Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado. It convicted him of a single charge: unlawful possession of gun. The judge sentenced him to an additional four to five years in prison, separate from his existing life sentence, for that conviction.

KHarvey16

I think the OP or title needs to make clear this isn't the previous murder which he was convicted for. That was the no-doubter and he git a life sentence.

Kadin

The tattoo says it all...

800.jpeg

Ricky_R

This was for the double murder before the one he was convicted for. Calm down folks!

Dude is in for the long run.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Did he not even get charged for shooting that other guy in the head, causing him to lose an eye?

I mean, sure, that guy's credibility is apparently why they voted Not Guilty, but nothing on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom