• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NG+ |OT| NeoGaf+ For posts that don't fit anywhere else

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
images
h89LYvo.gif

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Ha ha. There's a problem with the site @EviLore. I just checked when I joined, and it says 10 years ago nearly, and ha ha... that can't be right, because if that was right, I'D BE REALLY FUCKING OLD.

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

I think I was still in high school the first time I started lurking here. I had an account but I can't recall the user name, and the email account I used to create it has long since been deleted. I think it was a Verizon account. Anyways.

So it's kind of weird how I can look back at major events of my adulthood and remember what forum comedy or drama was going down at the time. It also makes a little nostalgic for how quickly major threads used to move back then. Sure, the conversation tends to be better without a bunch of people making the same five or six word response over and over, but it was also good times to see like 100 people actively engaged over some honestly trivial BS lol

Soodanim

Gold Member
GAF has had 3 eras for me:
  1. The lurking era (aka the "Why is my ISP email not accepted?" era)
  2. The finally in era (aka the "I'm not posting in OT, that is where people go to get banned" era)
    1. Bonus interlude (aka the "Where do we all go if GAF doesn't come back online?" intermission)
  3. The post-exodus era (aka the "The purple poison extracted itself, that's convenient" era)

BadBurger

By the way I own Goodbye Volcano High. No regrets. In fact I will stream it.

Also, if any of you are on Bluesky and want to be mad millennial with me send me a PM

Last edited:

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
It was honestly one of the most joyless and tedious experiences of my long and illustrious gaming life.

I still hate Trish.

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
Wow, sounds true. His last post was 3 months ago. We still don't know what his actual ban was for.
He posted a shit load of pictures in the 'Pics That Make You Laugh thread' and got a short ban for spamming. The images weren't indecent, he just posted a crazy amount. I can't remember the images anymore.

BadBurger

Strap in for six hours of boredom.

I take back what I said. Even for a narrative adventure or whatever genre it is, it's very slow, and the music stuff at the start doesn't feel fulfilling. It's just a waste of time.

Whelp, I have played worse adventure games, but not many. All of the voice acting has been OK, at least.

Edit: It does feel pretty weird having a meta type thread without Packer

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
From what private conversations I’ve had with Dick, he’s been incredibly busy IRL for a very long time. Not unusual for him to disappear for a while. Plus he doesn’t strike me as the type to take a ban personally. If anything, he probably laughed it off.

Maybe I am just Dick biased tho

BadBurger

Reminds me of InfiniteCombo. No clue why he was banned or if it was requested. Actively carrying the No New Games comm thread and all of a sudden he's gone.

Less of the insults thanks, most of us are actually adults believe it or not

Uh, ok. I didn't insult you but whatever.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Uh, ok. I didn't insult you but whatever.
I can’t see it either.
whelp /wĕlp, hwĕlp/

noun

1. A young offspring of a carnivorous mammal, especially a dog or wolf.
  2. A child; a youth.
  3. An impudent boy or young man.
Dear Sirs

It was a light hearted pedantry centred around the misuse of "whelp". Many sincere apologies to you all, I now see the distress this has caused and it won't happen again.

Kind regards

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
whelp /wĕlp, hwĕlp/

noun

1. A young offspring of a carnivorous mammal, especially a dog or wolf.
  2. A child; a youth.
  3. An impudent boy or young man.
Dear Sirs

It was a light hearted pedantry centred around the misuse of "whelp". Many sincere apologies to you all, I now see the distress this has caused and it won't happen again.

Kind regards
BnPcYD4.gif

nush

Gold Member
It was a light hearted pedantry centred around the misuse of "whelp".

He used it correctly in this context.

Welp is a synonym of the interjection well, which is used to express surprise or signal the beginning of a comment or discussion ("Well, what have we here?" "Well, you're never going to believe this, but…"). But welp has a sense of resignation and finality that well often doesn't have:

Soodanim

Gold Member
The entire point of the throwaway comment that's now received way more attention than it deserved was that he said whelp instead of welp.

I feel like I'm in some sort of parallel world where no one knows that well isn't spelled with an H and now it seems like a give a shit because you thought I genuinely thought he was calling people whelps

You whelps.

Top Bottom